Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 847

post #12691 of 15272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramus View Post
 

Glad I could be of help, and I'm sure it will sound SOOO much better when your real amp gets there. Divinire(2007) is another favorite album of his, I haven't even managed all the way through In a Time Lapse(2013) yet, but the first few tracks i'm at least quite a fan of. Phillip Glass also has some nice piano pieces, though they are a bit repetitive, now his symphony no.8 is a very emotive piece that I would highly recommend.


well... i found a download site who had all his stuff (from 1992 to 2013) in lossless high quality..so i just clicked on it and my 180mb/s internet connection did the rest ;)

post #12692 of 15272
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Never really understand when people say they feel like listening to speakers or check whether their speakers are on because it sounds like it.. Speakers and headphones are worlds apart for me no matter which setup I have listened to. My Stax Sigma reminds med of a (very) well acoustically treated room with speakers in it.. But still, worlds apart.
I can kinda relate to the headphone 'dissappearing' as you zone out, though. 
There are times when I'm watching TV with headphones, and sounds seem to come from across the room- or atleast external to the headphones. We've probably all had a similar experience- it's kind of eerie though the first couple of times it happens.
Edited by Zuckfun - 2/28/14 at 5:58pm
post #12693 of 15272
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post
 


this one :p

 

..i got it for free when the beyer mmx300 was introduced as THE premium headphone for gaming when i bought it for my gaming rig...and it did bested my modded he500 with gaming and movies watching on my pc though!! i only used my he500 with music from my 337...for the rest..Beyer all the way!

 

never thought this amp/dac would sound good with my code-x (with lack of bass and i have ASIO volume on 80%), or my code-x is just the best headphone i ever heard...thats also possible... dont know yet.. but i am curious in what way the PaG will improve the sound. and to what extent.

 

but i have to confess!..this USB amp sounded absolutely rubbish with the he500..the 337 did a hugely better job driving that phone!!

and i didnt even used it with my mmx300! for that i used a dedicated high end gamers soundcard (check my pics to see which one i use..u can see it clearly on my pic with the mmx300..lolz)

 

but somehow with my code-x..the sound is pretty good...could be placebo though..that i think its good as its my only amp around now that i can use with my code-x..lolz

All I could see is some pictures of hot chicks, a pair of cans and a cat that resembles the one I used to have and still miss.

Hey this must be you, some guy named Bluecirclerookie, the one who's waited much more patiently than I ever could.

post #12694 of 15272
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

All I could see is some pictures of hot chicks, a pair of cans and a cat that resembles the one I used to have and still miss.

Hey this must be you, some guy named Bluecirclerookie, the one who's waited much more patiently than I ever could.

damn..ur a reallife sherlock holmes.yes indeed..i am him..and yep..very patient..

 

and this is the pic of the mmx300 with the astro mixamp i was talkin about..u could find it in between my pics...but i can understand u lost ur way after seeing the hot girls of my avatar pics.. :D

 

 

and yep that is my cat...punkie... some crazy cat..he lives with my parents in law...so he can walk outside when he wants..he only comes in for food and sleep....

and my grandma always told me..good things come to the ones who know how to wait ;) 


Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/28/14 at 6:02pm
post #12695 of 15272
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post
 

damn..ur a reallife sherlock holmes.yes indeed..i am him..and yep..very patient..and if u read the remarks on my rig that i posted there u will see the BC owners are very curious about my amp and truly believe how special my amp could sound hehehe

 

and this is the pic of the mmx300 with the astro mixamp i was talkin about..u could find it in between my pics...but i can understand u lost ur way after seeing the hot girls of my avatar pics.. :D

 

 

and yep that is my cat...punkie... some crazy cat..he lives with my parents in law...so he can walk outside when he wants..he only comes in for food and sleep....

and my grandma always told me..good things come to the ones who know how to wait ;)

That's 70mW and definitely not going to drive your big cans. You definitely have patience, I would have required sedation, long ago.

Don't tell me that was able to push your Code-X cans past a whisper. You know I'm not a power monger but In this case I could make an exception. Weren't you tempted to pick up a Schiit Magni or something like it to tie you over till better times arrive. Heck, in a week or two that'll be water under the bridge. By the way, until Sherlock Holmes met me, he couldn't find his zipper and didn't even know that something was behind it.


Edited by StanD - 2/28/14 at 6:12pm
post #12696 of 15272
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

That's 70mW and definitely not going to drive your big cans. You definitely have patience, I would have required sedation, long ago.

Don't tell me that was able to push your Code-X cans past a whisper. You know I'm not a power monger but In this case I could make an exception. Weren't you tempted to pick up a Schiit Magni or something like it to tie you over till better times arrive. Heck, in a week or two that'll be water under the bridge. By the way, until Sherlock Holmes met me, he couldn't find his zipper and didn't even know that something was behind it.


yes i know...i am soooo glad my ears are super sensitive..but eventhough on certain 24bit tracks of kate bush i have i really have to concentrate to hear it all as eventough it was on 100% volume it was whisper silent.... so for some of u guys u probably wouldnt hear enough to enjoy it if u were in my shoes..lolz

 

 

and yep..the new amp will totally control my code-x...as it will have almost 100times more power then this amp..lolz..

.and already know what tracks i am going to try first..one is a classical track on which some dude plays a church organ... on my 337 the lows were almost to be felt..so low that organ (must be HUGE in real life)...i dont like church music..but what this guy does with that organ...and how its recorded...fenomenal...its OLD music...no voices.just the organ...

 

maybe u guys wont believe me.and maybe it will even sound outrageous coming from me..but i am actually a budget minded guy...i dont believe in spending money on (premium or non-premium) stuff i dont need..but i do believe in spending money on good stuff if its worth it! .thats why i dont have a trillion phones or amps or dacs or several wifes/backup girlfriends (oops..hehehe) eventhough i could have that... so i never considered buying an amp 'in the meantime' as that would be a waste of money in my book...

 

lolz..ur funny about the sherlock thingie... :rolleyes: 

 

and between us...did u read what the BC people were saying about my rig? :tongue: 


Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/28/14 at 6:30pm
post #12697 of 15272

Link to their comments? I consider myself rather budget minded myself, I don't mind spending money, but I'm very particular and I research a lot for all my purchases, and thus far it's rewarded me with gear that I will never sell. My first real can was the D2000, then the hd25s for portable use, then came the he-500+ef2a, and now my desktop setup, not a lot of money when it's been spread out over 3-4 years.

post #12698 of 15272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramus View Post
 

Link to their comments?


u have pm :gs1000smile: 

and yeah..i also normally buy stuff for at least couple of years...as then that investment pays itself back if u buy quality stuff in the years of usage...as an example i read some Bc owners still using their amps sometimes for 12 years without any hickups or problems and still use it as their main amp!


Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/28/14 at 7:21pm
post #12699 of 15272
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post
 


yes i know...i am soooo glad my ears are super sensitive..but eventhough on certain 24bit tracks of kate bush i have i really have to concentrate to hear it all as eventough it was on 100% volume it was whisper silent.... so for some of u guys u probably wouldnt hear enough to enjoy it if u were in my shoes..lolz

 

 

and yep..the new amp will totally control my code-x...as it will have almost 100times more power then this amp..lolz..

.and already know what tracks i am going to try first..one is a classical track on which some dude plays a church organ... on my 337 the lows were almost to be felt..so low that organ (must be HUGE in real life)...i dont like church music..but what this guy does with that organ...and how its recorded...fenomenal...its OLD music...no voices.just the organ...

 

maybe u guys wont believe me.and maybe it will even sound outrageous coming from me..but i am actually a budget minded guy...i dont believe in spending money on (premium or non-premium) stuff i dont need..but i do believe in spending money on good stuff if its worth it! .thats why i dont have a trillion phones or amps or dacs or several wifes/backup girlfriends (oops..hehehe) eventhough i could have that... so i never considered buying an amp 'in the meantime' as that would be a waste of money in my book...

 

lolz..ur funny about the sherlock thingie... :rolleyes: 

 

and between us...did u read what the BC people were saying about my rig? :tongue: 

Yeah, you didn't mention your next thing the HX. I wonder how long till you become a bank robber to support your habit? I liked the gender crossup with Nikki, I'm sure his expired dog would have gotten a laugh out of it.

So what are you going to listen through first when you can put some real power behind your jacked up HE-5's?

post #12700 of 15272
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Yeah, you didn't mention your next thing the HX. I wonder how long till you become a bank robber to support your habit? I liked the gender crossup with Nikki, I'm sure his expired dog would have gotten a laugh out of it.

So what are you going to listen through first when you can put some real power behind your jacked up HE-5's?


who told u i am interested in a HX based speaker amp? damn..ur good!! that amp sounds interesting huh? and if i would mention what it makes it so special no one would believe it anyway...so its our secret... :veryevil:

 

well about music...as i said in an earlier post..i have a 24bit recording of a classic track on which u only hear a huge church organ playing..and OMG how that dude plays that organ! it sounds HUGE!..and trhough my he500 and 337 it sounded strong and beautiful...very powerfull..but with this SS amp i am wondering what i am in for...and ofcourse innuendo of queen (24/96 vinyl rip of LP) and some tracks of the repertoire of Ennio morricone (16bit 1411 kbps) and ofcourse alicia keys (female voice) and enya and ofcourse unheilig! (the voice of that leadsinger goes eery low..almost sounds like he is a living dead..but somehow it has something special in it), sarah brightman, and last but not least Rammstein, lene marlin, the theme of armageddon by trevor rabin

and meatloaf  ..all lossless material...

 

about the bankrobber thingie...no need to...i montly put some money aside for my hobby's...

and yeah the gender thingie was an oopsie...but seriously..the guys there are a million times more relaxed then here... at first i found it weird not getting any reply on my posts quickly... but as gilbert says himself in his reply post to me..'soon u wont be bluecircle rookie anymore'..and what then..so i am guessing u have to be accepted as one of their own..lolz


Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/28/14 at 7:55pm
post #12701 of 15272
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post
 


who told u i am interested in a HX based speaker amp? damn..ur good!! that amp sounds interesting huh? and if i would mention what it makes it so special no one would believe it anyway...so its our secret... :veryevil:

 

well about music...as i said in an earlier post..i have a 24bit recording of a classic track on which u only hear a huge church organ playing..and OMG how that dude plays that organ! it sounds HUGE!..and trhough my he500 and 337 it sounded strong and beautiful...very powerfull..but with this SS amp i am wondering what i am in for...and ofcourse innuendo of queen (24/96 vinyl rip of LP) and some tracks of the repertoire of Ennio morricone (16bit 1411 kbps) and ofcourse alicia keys (female voice) and enya and ofcourse unheilig! (the voice of that leadsinger goes eery low..almost sounds like he is a living dead..but somehow it has something special in it), sarah brightman, and last but not least Rammstein, lene marlin, the theme of armageddon by trevor rabin

and meatloaf  ..all lossless material...

 

about the bankrobber thingie...no need to...i montly put some money aside for my hobby's...

When I was a teenager, long long ago, I acquired a set of albums of Bach's complete organ compositions on of course vinyl, played on some of Europe's biggest and best Pipe Organs. Some time ago they vanished and I've been pissed ever since. I can still remember how good they sounded, even on ancient audio gear.

post #12702 of 15272
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

When I was a teenager, long long ago, I acquired a set of albums of Bach's complete organ compositions on of course vinyl, played on some of Europe's biggest and best Pipe Organs. Some time ago they vanished and I've been pissed ever since. I can still remember how good they sounded, even on ancient audio gear.


thats a pity! that would sound good on ur he500's! and no..its wasnt me who nicked ur albums.. :veryevil:


Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/28/14 at 7:58pm
post #12703 of 15272
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post
 


thats a pity! that would sound good on ur he500's! and no..its wasnt me who nicked ur albums.. :veryevil:

That was the first thing I thought of when I got my HE-500's. No not you making off with the vinyl but how great they would sound through planars. Once in a while I get nutz and start looking for them again.

post #12704 of 15272
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

That was the first thing I thought of when I got my HE-500's. No not you making off with the vinyl but how great they would sound through planars. Once in a while I get nutz and start looking for them again.


well...when i went from the mstage to the 337 i started to upgrade all my mp3 files for lossless material because of the improved quality of sound i heard on flacs and wavs compared to mp3 of the same tracks on the he500 with that amp.... and i even searched for music of which was told it would sound wonderful...even if i normally wouldnt even think of listening to those tracks...like tracks of hard metal groups...never knew the musicians of some of those groups are real magicians on their instruments in the way they let their instruments sound!! i learned a lot about music in general because my rig was better then what i had before...i even started to appreciate classic music...so i roamed the net to find vinyl rips (24bit) to play on my humble rig... it was almost a bad habit i started to exhibit!! and also alternative music like enya, vangelis, enigma and even circle du soleil (first album!) were all heared for the first time with interest after upgrading my rig with better tubes...


Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/28/14 at 8:17pm
post #12705 of 15272
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post
 


well...when i went from the mstage to the 337 i started to upgrade all my mp3 files for lossless material because of the improved quality of sound i heard on flacs and wavs compared to mp3 of the same tracks on the he500 with that amp.... and i even searched for music of which was told it would sound wonderful...even if i normally wouldnt even think of listening to those tracks...like tracks of hard metal groups...never knew the musicians of some of those groups are real magicians on their instruments in the way they let their instruments sound!! i learned a lot about music in general because my rig was better then what i had before...i even started to appreciate classic music...so i roamed the net to find vinyl rips (24bit) to play on my humble rig... it was almost a bad habit i started to exhibit!! and also alternative music like enya, vangelis, enigma and even circle du soleil (first album!) were all heared for the first time with interest after upgrading my rig with better tubes...

Try some different music, plug in some headphones to listen, you know which brand to use.

 


Edited by StanD - 2/28/14 at 9:21pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .