or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 836

post #12526 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


ethan7000...i think ur wrong..ofcourse the he500 is not worth the difference if u just look at the perfomance-price ratio compared to lets ssay a sennheiser of 235usd... but thats normal! its same thing when u start comparing a summit phone with the he500...same thing..is that for instance 2000usd phone worth the more then double the price of the he500 ? ofcourse not! we all know that!! but it does things so much better then the he500 and thats why we buy it... biggrin.gif same thing with he500...

and i have to agree...470usd is good deal...although the prices of NEW he500 are getting lower and lower because if the 560 and 400 that are arriving!!!
To each his own of course, that's why I said IMHO. When I directly compare the 500 to the X1 or others I've owned around $235, I can honestly say I think it's twice as good. Or at least I like it twice as much. It's rare to find a case where I would say this, but this is a special case. For comparison's sake, when the 500 was 4x the price, people might have said it was twice as good.
post #12527 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by modulor View Post

I'm a big fan of live music of a variety of types, which I think is one big reason why I like the HE-500 so much.
Yup, even though the soundstage of the hd800 is larger, it felt a little inorganic, which admittedly could be because it was out an SS rig, whereas the LCD3 was too organic, the whole of the music felt drenched in maple syrup, which while delicious and I could certainly see myself living with that pair, I feel I would want a livelier headphone as well. The He-500 was my veritable baby bear's porridge, just right in the right places.

I really want to hear the he-6 and T1 as I feel those might be upgrade paths(or 560).

Also should have some pics tonight of my setup, amp is getting here a day earlier than expected smily_headphones1.gif
post #12528 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rkst3EL View Post
 

 

I am sorry but I find it kinda hard to trust such opinions. Are the HE-500 twice as good as headphones costing half as much meaning 200-300$. I doubt they are even though I have not heard them. And remember HE-500 started being sold at what price, 900$? Imo  buying them at such price was a steal, only the other way around.

 

Now don't take this comment specifically for the HE-500, which from what I 've read seems to be a great heaphone, but also for other headphones at the same price-performance ratio.

Imo, the freaking HE500 is heavy, ugly, looks like a WW2 era tank...It's a waste of money even if at $400.  Imo, the new Beats Studio is so much better only $300 new and looks uber cool, too.  Imo, reading about HPs doesn't mean Schiit.  Imo,  hear a pair extensively first then offer your evaluation and criticism, whether about price or performance.  Otherwise, people will most likely say you are talking out of your 'u know what'.

 

Cheers

For all the reasons above, I love my HE500 even after owning HD800.  :)


Edited by koiloco - 2/24/14 at 9:30am
post #12529 of 18011

totally oftopic..but i still dont want to dissapoint the ones who are curious for something..

 

if u are..check the link as he is finished and pics are put on a open domain site for anyone to be seen..

so check it out at ur own risk...its birthname is 'PAG'

so if ur not interested..dont click :D

 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17843311@N00/sets/72157641465470633/

 

as i said..totally oftopic

post #12530 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

Imo, the freaking HE500 is heavy, ugly, looks like a WW2 era tank...It's a waste of money even if at $400.  Imo, the new Beats Studio is so much better only $300 new and looks uber cool, too.  Imo, reading about HPs doesn't mean Schiit.  Imo,  hear a pair extensively first then offer your evaluation and criticism, whether about price or performance.  Otherwise, people will most likely say you are talking out of your 'u know what'.

 

Cheers

For all the reasons above, I love my HE500 even after owning HD800.  :)


i want ur pills also!!! pls... :D

post #12531 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post
 

totally oftopic..but i still dont want to dissapoint the ones who are curious for something..

 

if u are..check the link as he is finished and pics are put on a open domain site for anyone to be seen..

so check it out at ur own risk...its birthname is 'PAG'

so if ur not interested..dont click :D

 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17843311@N00/sets/72157641465470633/

 

as i said..totally oftopic


I like what I see ... a lot.  :beerchug:   I want you to call him and have the amp shipped to me for one final testing before making its trip across the pond.  I want to save you as much potential problem as possible.  What's a friend for, right?  :p


Edited by koiloco - 2/24/14 at 10:03am
post #12532 of 18011

I love my big ugly heavy (and heavily modded) HE-500s.  To have found them lightly used for the price of their name (and shipped at that!), I agree they were a steal.  Would I have bought them new for $700?  Probably, eventually, if I never found a good deal.  A certain someone is glad I found the Inner Fidelity HFM review and quickly slid away from craving the HE-6s ;)

 

Are they 2+ times better than my (also modded) AKG Q701s?  Hmmmm, maybe not, but they are better.  But they're different cans, even after getting them both closer to what I like via the mods.  The Q701s are quite fun now, but retain the soundstage and mid-/upper-mid clarity (tweakable in less than a minute; takes longer to decide which foam or felt to swap in than actually make the swap).  The HE-500s are more comfortable on my ears, with a wider soundstage than stock, while maintaining the delicious mids, and plenty at the high and low ends... and is still the better all 'rounder.

 

And while I could (should) live happily with those two cans, I'm really intrigued by the HE-560s.  Hope to hear them one day.

post #12533 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 


I like what I see ... a lot.  :beerchug:   I want you to call him and have the amp shipped to me for one final testing before making its trip across the pond.  I want to save you as much potential problem as possible.  What's a friend for, right?  :p

U WISH...hehehehe no way gozee...its already going to listened to by the owner of Mystic Audio i understand..and it will be used until the last day until it ships next friday, gilbert told me,,,i wonder why??? but if u ever are in the neighboorhood...ur more then welcome to have a listening session and i will show u my wonderful amsterdam also...

 

yeah i like the NON BLING BLING screaming scene i see...its classy with wood and stainless..but still humble with the black PSU next to it...

but i thank u for the idea that u wanna help me out...ur the best :D 


Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/24/14 at 10:13am
post #12534 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post
 

U WISH...hehehehe no way gozee...its already going to listened to by the owner of Mystic Audio i understand..and it will be used until the last day that it ships next friday,,,i wonder why???

yeah i like the NON BLING BLING screaming scene i see...its classy with wood and stainless..but still humble with the black PSU next to it...

but i thank u for the idea that u wanna help me out...ur the best :D


Damn, I tried.  It didn't work.  :D

post #12535 of 18011
Gilbert even burns it in for ya wink.gif
post #12536 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Gilbert even burns it in for ya wink.gif

u reckon? or is it because it could sound really good, and so he wants others listen to it, or himself for as long as possible?  bt ofcourse it could be to burn it in for me ofcourse...:D 


Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/24/14 at 12:34pm
post #12537 of 18011

Holy cow, I'm busy for a couple of days and you guys have gone hog wild. I think the site's going to run out of disk space. Hifi's typing so fast that I think he's on Meth Capacitors. Words I''ve seen roll by my screen like Bling, Maple Syrup and someone has decided that Beats are the best. I need a mugful of Espresso.

post #12538 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

Holy cow, I'm busy for a couple of days and you guys have gone hog wild. I think the site's going to run out of disk space. Hifi's typing so fast that I think he's on Meth Capacitors. Words I''ve seen roll by my screen like Bling, Maple Syrup and someone has decided that Beats are the best. I need a mugful of Espresso.
You forgot pot.
post #12539 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post


You forgot pot.


Forget pot PLEASE at least around here

post #12540 of 18011
But...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatrix View Post


Forget pot PLEASE at least around here
but... It makes my he500 sound so good.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .