Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 825

post #12361 of 13406
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

 

 

Tell him you'll do a nice grill mod for him. It'll match his new amp.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

Will Mod For Food... and an hour a day on the Blue Star Circle-driven Code-X :darthsmile:

 

The Hopi foresaw my coming to Amsterdam.  I done seen it on Ancient Aliens ;)

Who told you, the alien conspiracy dude with a hairdo that only Don King could love?

post #12362 of 13406
Edited
Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/23/14 at 12:02pm
post #12363 of 13406
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Who told you, the alien conspiracy dude with a hairdo that only Don King could love?

 

My wife and I love Giorgio... OK, his outrageous hair-do, at least.  That show is my comedy for the week.

 

 

 

But no, my man Childress laid my destiny on me.  Blue Star Kachina FTW!!!  He's a helluva guy.

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75

 

That's Childress on the right, in case you were wondering.  I'll never forget the day we took that picture.  Good times.  I look pretty good, I must say.  I had to have my HE-500s designed with an extra wide headband.  Shocker, I know.  Interestingly the  Q701 PADS!!!  fit just fine ;)

post #12364 of 13406
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


talking about that..is that series any good?

 

Absolute schiit, but comedy gold.  Actually, they do reference the occasional bit of archaeology that piques my interest.  Then the pinheads start talking and the comedy resumes.

 

and i hope my bliss will start in two weeks time... as it will be sent off next week

 

Yes, I read!  I'll congratulate you when it arrives in one piece.  But right on.  I know you must be as anxious as... well hell, I can't imagine.  I'm sure it's gonna rule the roost.

 

mod for food huh? but i already have everything modded in my rig! and all my cables are custommade...even my USB cable is custommade...the only orginal thing in my rig is me (or it could be i am a modified clone..golden ears and extreme sensitive smell....remember?) :D 

 

It was a general statement for any Summit-Fi people willing to take in a poor mid-fier.  I'm sure you can +1 me the next time you're going to Club Olympus ;)

post #12365 of 13406

I hope Hifi doesn't go for another capacitor or figamajig last minute mod to his ever evolving amp. I don't think that his nerves could take another minute of delay. I wonder if he gets abducted by aliens during his brief 4 hour snooze. I wonder if he's being probed right now. With a dB SPL meter, not the other thing, silly.

Time to flip some power switches and plug in my HE-500.

post #12366 of 13406
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 


That amp should give the HE500 nice punchy bass from I've heard.

 

The best bass I've heard on the HE-500 and the LCD-2 and the bass boost switch is extremely well implemented.

post #12367 of 13406
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

What I spent to put my kids through college, I could buy a stack of Stax a mile high.


And then you have weddings. Say goodbye to Corvette #6 and 7 my friend.:o 

post #12368 of 13406

Has anyone here created custom cables?

The silver ones are really stiff and since they gave me extra plugs it would be fun to create nice bendy smooth silicon-ish cables.

post #12369 of 13406
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibzilla View Post
 


And then you have weddings. Say goodbye to Corvette #6 and 7 my friend.:o 

Don't disturb the peace, I'm enjoying the quiet before the next storm. :o

post #12370 of 13406
Quote:
Originally Posted by tictatonic View Post
 

Has anyone here created custom cables?

The silver ones are really stiff and since they gave me extra plugs it would be fun to create nice bendy smooth silicon-ish cables.

I was considering to make one using speaker cable with soft bendy insulation. I think I have a spool around here somewhere.

post #12371 of 13406
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I was considering to make one using speaker cable with soft bendy insulation. I think I have a spool around here somewhere.

Do you know what "smooth bendy material" is called so i can order online? :P

post #12372 of 13406
Quote:
Originally Posted by tictatonic View Post
 

Do you know what "smooth bendy material" is called so i can order online? :P

I have no idea, I bought mine over the counter and laid hands on it. If it doesn't work out I can always desolder it from the connectors and find another wire.

post #12373 of 13406
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I have no idea, I bought mine over the counter and laid hands on it. If it doesn't work out I can always desolder it from the connectors and find another wire.

 

See, now here's a project worthy of the Laboratory.  I know jack schiit about electronics and soldering, so I'd need a guide (not how to solder per se, but what to solder where).  Or at least some basic tips.  I'd guess the soldering to HFM coax(?) end is pretty straight forward.  It's the other end I'm not sure about.

post #12374 of 13406
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

See, now here's a project worthy of the Laboratory.  I know jack schiit about electronics and soldering, so I'd need a guide (not how to solder per se, but what to solder where).  Or at least some basic tips.  I'd guess the soldering to HFM coax(?) end is pretty straight forward.  It's the other end I'm not sure about.

Send me a PM, I can give you some pointers!

post #12375 of 13406
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

See, now here's a project worthy of the Laboratory.  I know jack schiit about electronics and soldering, so I'd need a guide (not how to solder per se, but what to solder where).  Or at least some basic tips.  I'd guess the soldering to HFM coax(?) end is pretty straight forward.  It's the other end I'm not sure about.

I was meaning to ask you, is your last name Howell as in Thurston Howell, III? Best regards to Lovey.

 

You can learn to solder on bits of wire before destroying anything important.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .