Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 824

post #12346 of 13368
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Yep in emergency's..pull the PLUG(s)... Oh well... All in the name of musical ...can i say it...am almost afraid too... Oh well, with the danger of being cruxified i just say it outloud:...musical bliss.. wink.gif
ANd if pulling the plug doesnt work..callling their senior engineer at the electricity plant to shut the area down to save my amp as their best customer is a priority biggrin.gif

A carpenter can make beautiful esthetical racks...i agree with u on that!.but he doesnt have the knowlegde to make it help improve the sound of ur rig..i found out making a good audio rack needs lots of technical knowledge of how electrical equipement works and how sound(waves) and vibrations interacts with ur rig and in so ur soundquality..so i rather invest in a rack builder who knows his stuff...but its a pity grand prix audio is to expensive for me...would love to see how it would improve the sound of my new rig wink.gif but the hifi racks are considered very well made and are in europe based and won a couple of best of rack group contests... But u can only know for sure if u have ur amp on it....until now i swore on my herbies audio lab footies... They did wonders on my very microphobic tube 337... After putting the herbies on the amp felt like a dead rock..tapping on upper body of amp didnt give noises anymore into the sound..before that it was horrible!! Even with the atacama rack i had! But now i want something new..and it has to be better then those cheaply herbies! Believe me..that will be a hard task for many! As those cheaplooking herbies are a non less then a miracle of rubberish stuff for ur components for the price its sold!


Wow...

post #12347 of 13368

yeah i know..i just opened another HUGE can of worms now...and this one is even BIGGER then the 'cable type' can of worms :veryevil: 

cant help it..i think its a gift (or curse) or something :D


Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/20/14 at 4:05pm
post #12348 of 13368

^ for you, it's never big enough.  ;)  Well, it's your $.  If it makes you happy and achieve better SQ, by all means go for it.  .  We each have our passion and excuses to spend our hard earned money.  I am not going to say you are crazier than I am in anyway.  That's all I would say.  :p


Edited by koiloco - 2/20/14 at 4:11pm
post #12349 of 13368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_r_ View Post
 


Wow...

+ 1 ^ Swagger on a hundred thousand trillion

 

 

...But seriously, everyone knows that if you want more imaging, you go for MDF. YMMV.

post #12350 of 13368
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Yep in emergency's..pull the PLUG(s)... Oh well... All in the name of musical ...can i say it...am almost afraid too... Oh well, with the danger of being cruxified i just say it outloud:...musical bliss.. wink.gif
ANd if pulling the plug doesnt work..callling their senior engineer at the electricity plant to shut the area down to save my amp as their best customer is a priority biggrin.gif

A carpenter can make beautiful esthetical racks...i agree with u on that!.but he doesnt have the knowlegde to make it help improve the sound of ur rig..i found out making a good audio rack needs lots of technical knowledge of how electrical equipement works and how sound(waves) and vibrations interacts with ur rig and in so ur soundquality..so i rather invest in a rack builder who knows his stuff...but its a pity grand prix audio is to expensive for me...would love to see how it would improve the sound of my new rig wink.gif but the hifi racks are considered very well made and are in europe based and won a couple of best of rack group contests... But u can only know for sure if u have ur amp on it....until now i swore on my herbies audio lab footies... They did wonders on my very microphobic tube 337... After putting the herbies on the amp felt like a dead rock..tapping on upper body of amp didnt give noises anymore into the sound..before that it was horrible!! Even with the atacama rack i had! But now i want something new..and it has to be better then those cheaply herbies! Believe me..that will be a hard task for many! As those cheaplooking herbies are a non less then a miracle of rubberish stuff for ur components for the price its sold!

I think Beyonce has a much better rack and it sings to my eyes.

Now that's a rack that can hold up equipment.  :eek:

post #12351 of 13368
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I think Beyonce has a much better rack and it sings to my eyes.

Now that's a rack that can hold up equipment.  :eek:


thanks for the tip, i will make her an offer :D

 

 

sometimes i wished i was 30 again and single :D 


Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/22/14 at 7:49pm
post #12352 of 13368
Quote:

but ofcourse my MAIN hobby is my family..and immediately also my most expensive one!! as i have an ex-fashiondesigner and a 11 year old very smartie and beautiful lady in the house..and trust me when i say that those two spend more yearly on fashion and stuff then i ever spend on my car, my pc and my audio together in a year!!!

 

sometimes i wished i was 30 again and single :D 

 

I think you need one adopted son... :D  As he might be older than you, I hope that's OK ;)

post #12353 of 13368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

I think you need one adopted son... :D  As he might be older than you, I hope that's OK ;)


u think? am a little crazy some people say...so u think an adopted son can handle a crazy family like mine?..as my wife and daughter are even harder to handle then me..could that be the reason i became the man i am now? :D

post #12354 of 13368

What I spent to put my kids through college, I could buy a stack of Stax a mile high.

post #12355 of 13368
Edited
Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/23/14 at 12:00pm
post #12356 of 13368
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


u think? am a little crazy some people say...so u think an adopted son can handle a crazy family like mine?..as my wife and daughter are even harder to handle then me..could that be the reason i became the man i am now? :D

 

Pih, I'm willing to give it a go.  I'll even throw in some audio gear for those nights when you feel like really slummin' it ;)

post #12357 of 13368
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post
 


yeah i know what u mean...next year in september my girl will go to high school...and then the money pit begins..as the new school uses IPADS as mandatory study equipment and thats just for starters!!

 

but i am smart..since her birth i have been pumping 100euro every month in a savings account and my mum does the same..on top of that my mum dearest has some money put aside for later for her grandchild...as its her only one..so she has a little fortune already on that account that will be used for schooling...as we want her to give the same opportunity as i had back in the days when everything was more affordable (and when college was almost free here in the netherlands!) those were the days.... :D 

My folks were immigrants of limited means. I went to The City College of New York and studied Electrical Engineering. It only cost a few hundred dollars a term, most of it on books. My daughter went to New York University, that cost me a new Corvette every year. A BS degree means that I should have 5 Corvettes in my garage. LUckily her Masters degree was on the house, she worked at the same university as a Research Scientist and NYU covered most of it. Now she's in CA working on a P.h.D. and she get's paid to do that. I still want my 5 Corvettes, damn it.:mad:

My son went to a less expensive school and since he's a combat veteran, the Gov't helped with the latter half of his education. I have to straighten him out, he actually bought a Bose headphone a couple of months ago. :confused_face(1): It was a QC-15, but he doesn't commute and doesn't need the great NR that it has. In a bus, plane or train it's the best headphone at home it's average and not worth the price. At least he didn't get a celebrity endorsed red plastic POS.

post #12358 of 13368
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post
 


u think? am a little crazy some people say...so u think an adopted son can handle a crazy family like mine?..as my wife and daughter are even harder to handle then me..could that be the reason i became the man i am now? :D

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

Pih, I'm willing to give it a go.  I'll even throw in some audio gear for those nights when you feel like really slummin' it ;)

Tell him you'll do a nice grill mod for him. It'll match his new amp.

post #12359 of 13368
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

 

Tell him you'll do a nice grill mod for him. It'll match his new amp.

 

Will Mod For Food... and an hour a day on the Blue Star Circle-driven Code-X :darthsmile:

 

The Hopi foresaw my coming to Amsterdam.  I done seen it on Ancient Aliens ;)

post #12360 of 13368
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

My folks were immigrants of limited means. I went to The City College of New York and studied Electrical Engineering. It only cost a few hundred dollars a term, most of it on books. My daughter went to New York University, that cost me a new Corvette every year. A BS degree means that I should have 5 Corvettes in my garage. LUckily her Masters degree was on the house, she worked at the same university as a Research Scientist and NYU covered most of it. Now she's in CA working on a P.h.D. and she get's paid to do that. I still want my 5 Corvettes, damn it.:mad:

My son went to a less expensive school and since he's a combat veteran, the Gov't helped with the latter half of his education. I have to straighten him out, he actually bought a Bose headphone a couple of months ago. :confused_face(1): It was a QC-15, but he doesn't commute and doesn't need the great NR that it has. In a bus, plane or train it's the best headphone at home it's average and not worth the price. At least he didn't get a celebrity endorsed red plastic POS.

i always respect these kind of stories... well done as a parent! i hope my kid will come out well also...but only time will tell..she is smart..but using it is an alltogter different game :o

 

but ru trying to scare me? 5 corvettes? damn....

 

 

 

and ur right..u have to straighten ur son out...BOSE..really? but ur right..better that then what u mentioned..lolz

 

as a solution u could give him a he300 for his birthday and a matrix mstage (with the dac inside) to go with it..it wont break the bank..and u will feel much more connected :D 


Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/22/14 at 7:47pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .