or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 821

post #12301 of 16546
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post


No, hfmrookie for short

But hifi has a nice ring to it,

post #12302 of 16546
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

I don't want to pi$$ off Nimzerz, so I won't address the velours issue.  I will ask, though, how are the Brainwavz HM5s on your HE-500s, esp. in terms of fit on the mounting rings and room inside?


TIA.

 

Room inside is about the same as the stock pleather pads. Just compared both side by side and didn't notice any difference.

 

For the mounting, you just need to cut a little bit of the outer border of the mounting rings. Maybe 2mm, I'd guess.

Take a look at this photo. You should cut out following the red line, where you can see a kind of elevation on the plastic:

 

(Credits for the photo go to @tl13m on this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/703553/hifiman-he-500-subwoofer-ear-pad-mods

Please let me know if you want it removed.)

post #12303 of 16546
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

But hifi has a nice ring to it,

 

It does, but for accuracy's sake I think it should be midfi.  He needs better cans and a much better amp to be hifi  ;)

post #12304 of 16546
Quote:
Originally Posted by themad View Post
 

 

Room inside is about the same as the stock pleather pads. Just compared both side by side and didn't notice any difference.

 

For the mounting, you just need to cut a little bit of the outer border of the mounting rings. Maybe 2mm, I'd guess.

Take a look at this photo. You should cut out following the red line, where you can see a kind of elevation on the plastic:

 

(Credits for the photo go to @tl13m on this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/703553/hifiman-he-500-subwoofer-ear-pad-mods

Please let me know if you want it removed.)

 

Thanks a lot for the details.

post #12305 of 16546
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

It does, but for accuracy's sake I think it should be midfi.  He needs better cans and a much better amp to be hifi  ;)

But that deviates too much from the spelling. Also hifi raises the bar for him.

post #12306 of 16546
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

But that deviates too much from the spelling. Also hifi raises the bar for him.

 

Yes, I suppose hifi is aspirational.  Maybe he should be HiFi, like the company name starts out.  Hopefully we're not too lazy for that.

post #12307 of 16546
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post

It does, but for accuracy's sake I think it should be midfi.  He needs better cans and a much better amp to be hifi  wink.gif
Better can and MUCH better amp????? What should it be then..a golden headphone with a golden amp? confused.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/19/14 at 9:21am
post #12308 of 16546
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

It does, but for accuracy's sake I think it should be midfi.  He needs better cans and a much better amp to be hifi  ;)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Better can and MUCH better amp????? What should it be then..a golden headphone with a golden amp? confused.gif

That depends, do you want to be called midfi or hifi? Try Platinum.

post #12309 of 16546
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

Better can and MUCH better amp????? What should it be then..a golden headphone with a golden amp? confused.gif

 

LOL, I just like poking the hornet's nest.  Also, I  ;)'d  quite noticeably.  Just a gentle tease.  Relax :smile:

 

Here, have a totally platonic hug

(during which I'll reach behind you and pinch your.....  Code-X :D)

 

see, more kidding.  I've no doubt that once your golden pairing occurs, a heavenly light will emanate from Amsterdam, and you will beyond hifi.  But then what shall we call you?  Neo, perhaps :smile:

post #12310 of 16546
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Better can and MUCH better amp????? What should it be then..a golden headphone with a golden amp? confused.gif

Try the 337 with HE-500. Heard great stories about them. :beerchug:

post #12311 of 16546
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post

LOL, I just like poking the hornet's nest.  Also, I  wink.gif'd  quite noticeably.  Just a gentle tease.  Relax smile.gif

Here, have a totally platonic hug
(during which I'll reach behind you and pinch your.....  Code-X biggrin.gif )

see, more kidding.  I've no doubt that once your golden pairing occurs, a heavenly light will emanate from Amsterdam, and you will beyond hifi.  But then what shall we call you?  Neo, perhaps smile.gif
I will be an ascended being then biggrin.gif but first get it into my greedy hands and in meantime break my back carrying it to the room on 4th floor it will be used in .... redface.gif
Maybe after ascension i will then be called the CoDEX..the man within the blue circle matrix wink.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/19/14 at 9:53am
post #12312 of 16546
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


I will be an ascended being then biggrin.gif but first get it into my greedy hands and in meantime break my back carrying it to the room on 4th floor it will be used in .... redface.gif
Maybe after ascension i will then be called the CoDEX..the man within the blue circle matrix wink.gif

I think we've created a monster. :rolleyes:

post #12313 of 16546
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

I will be an ascended being then biggrin.gif but first get it into my greedy hands and in meantime break my back carrying it to the room on 4th floor it will be used in .... redface.gif
Maybe after ascension i will then be called the CoDEX..the man within the blue circle matrix wink.gif

 

Dude, with all you've spent to get it there, splurge a little more and hire a crane!  Can't have the future Ascended Master hobbling around with a bad back.

 

If L. Ron Hubbard can create a religion based on... whatever the hell he based it on... I think we can create one around you, after you ascend, of course.  Now, what clever name can we give it to lure all the Hollywood morons and their cash away from ol' L. Ron and into our much :cool:er cabal...

post #12314 of 16546
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

Dude, with all you've spent to get it there, splurge a little more and hire a crane!  Can't have the future Ascended Master hobbling around with a bad back.

 

If L. Ron Hubbard can create a religion based on... whatever the hell he based it on... I think we can create one around you, after you ascend, of course.  Now, what clever name can we give it to lure all the Hollywood morons and their cash away from ol' L. Ron and into our much :cool:er cabal...

Remember that cult that suicided with their sneakers on, waiting to be picked up by some comet that was passing by. Let's not give hifi any ideas, this time they're gonna go with their headphones on. :eek:

post #12315 of 16546
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

Remember that cult that suicided with their sneakers on, waiting to be picked up by some comet that was passing by. Let's not give hifi any ideas, this time they're gonna go with their headphones on. eek.gif
Seeing how u guys react i feel u will be the first ones in the cult to go, when the blue comet comes...so keep ur he phones on, and be ready to go to a better place with 12 virgins each and a sr009 mated with a blue hawai amp to go with it. wink.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/19/14 at 10:53am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .