or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 807

post #12091 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

Here's a review I'm reading now:
http://headfonics.com/2013/11/the-fostex-t50rp-as-envisioned-by-zach-mehrbach/2/

 

That's the page where the comparison between V1 and V2 starts.

Yes, I've read that yesterday and it makes the choice even harder, haha!

post #12092 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post



And about what i said..every one with half a brain knows that not one closed phone will sound like a he500 being open backed..

They have as much air as the HE500, they do not sound exactly like it, but I dig the way they do sound and the tone is comparable. The rest of what you said I wont comment on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

Thanks for your input! I will ask Zach which one I should pick. I trust his opinion. He knows best after all :-)

 

And do you think Schiit Modi/Vali would be good with ZMF? I'm also looking into Burson HA-160D because of pre-amp for my speakers. 

I don't like them much with low power tubes.  The SA-31 gives them about 10 watts at 10 gain, they have good synergy with it and my vintage receivers. I no longer own the Burson so I cant comment on it.

post #12093 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post
 

They have as much air as the HE500, they do not sound exactly like it, but I dig the way they do sound and the tone is comparable. The rest of what you said I wont comment on...

I don't like them much with low power tubes.  The SA-31 gives them about 10 watts at 10 gain, they have good synergy with it and my vintage receivers. I no longer own the Burson so I cant comment on it.

I need a DAC and a Amp for around 300 euro. Max. budget is 400 this time. Need to watch my money :-D What would you recommend?

post #12094 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

Yes, I've read that yesterday and it makes the choice even harder, haha!

 

Ask him about amping.  I know from reading his site that he says the V1 might suit a tube amp better than the V2.  Of course, that's only one aspect.

 

I'd love to compare the V1 with the K550s, since that reviewer did.  And of course with the HE-500s, since that was the target sound.  Unlikely, though.

post #12095 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

Ask him about amping.  I know from reading his site that he says the V1 might suit a tube amp better than the V2.  Of course, that's only one aspect.

 

I'd love to compare the V1 with the K550s, since that reviewer did.  And of course with the HE-500s, since that was the target sound.  Unlikely, though.

He said, based on what customers let him know, the Schiit Vali would be a good choice. At least for the V1. We haven't discussed V2 yet. 

post #12096 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

I need a DAC and a Amp for around 300 euro. Max. budget is 400 this time. Need to watch my money :-D What would you recommend?

Audio GD makes some decent sounding equipment in that range. I am not a fan of an all in one unit, but Kingwa knows his stuff for budget amp/DAC combos.

post #12097 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post
 

Audio GD makes some decent sounding equipment in that range. I am not a fan of an all in one unit, but Kingwa knows his stuff for budget amp/DAC combos.

Doesn't have to be a dac and amp in one unit of course :-)

post #12098 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post

Doesn't have to be a dac and amp in one unit of course :-)

A-gd compass 2, at the pub do cant post more detail.
post #12099 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

I need a DAC and a Amp for around 300 euro. Max. budget is 400 this time. Need to watch my money :-D What would you recommend?

You might want to settle on the cans first and then see which amp is best for you, If your final selection is sensitive, most pure tube amps in your budget will hiss like a snake. Time to check the sensitivity specs for that V1 or V2.

post #12100 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPluck View Post


A-gd compass 2, at the pub do cant post more detail.


Have one for me.

post #12101 of 18078
Cheers, I think I already have!
post #12102 of 18078

To follow up on my post from earlier this afternoon, I am now a proud owner of an HE-500!! Couldn't be happier (well... my wallet could be) and now to begin the break in!!!  

post #12103 of 18078
Congrats Eric
post #12104 of 18078

Welcome to the club Eric! :beerchug:

post #12105 of 18078
It was good times back when my he-500 was new wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .