or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 793

post #11881 of 18029
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


i know what u mean..until now think i spend a fortune on rubber.. biggrin.gif
But wait a second..no huge belt-driven supercharger (love that whining sound!) also?..like those big block chevy's used in the past? U dissapoint me mr.! Just kidding!!! biggrin.gif
Well i never ever owned a US car..my dad though has owned a couple of various models of modified V8 mustang cobras in the past..he even let one being painted in bright orange and black..i have the car lunatism from him my mum always says .. wink.gif

For biological purposes or on the road?

Mine was black as I didn't want to unnecessarily attract the attention of the Man. Didn't help, I got my share of speeding tickets, until I learned to keep a better eye out for them. :D 


Edited by StanD - 2/11/14 at 3:46am
post #11882 of 18029
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

For biological purposes or on the road?
Mine was black as I didn't want to unnecessarily attract the attention of the Man. Didn't help, I got my share of speeding tickets, until I learned to keep a better eye out for them. biggrin.gif  
Lolz..biological..
Ofcourse i meant road biggrin.gif and yeah....in the past i was one if the blue guys favorite persons as they collected bigtime when they caught me driving a eenie weenie faster the allowed (really!! very_evil_smiley.gif ) But i got smarter over the years.. wink.gif

Well i still drive like a crazy man..(some say)... biggrin.gif and i especially like the backroads..... tongue.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/11/14 at 9:49am
post #11883 of 18029

^ hifimanrookie, you are bad influence as always.  I would get slapped/punched if I asked my wife "...should we try the backroads?....".  :eek:  :p:D

post #11884 of 18029

Thought you guys might like to see this:

 

My finished Emotiva mini-X a-100:

 

 

 

 

You can read my DIY thread on this build here: LINK


Edited by ben_r_ - 2/12/14 at 7:13pm
post #11885 of 18029
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post

^ hifimanrookie, you are bad influence as always.  I would get slapped/punched if I asked my wife "...should we try the backroads?....".  eek.gif   tongue.gifbiggrin.gif
Who is the bad influence here now huh? biggrin.gif
Ps...ur wife just needs to experience the satisfaction it gives when u go around corners..sliding into them and pulling out with full force..at first it sounds and feels scary but after the first slide..oops.. OR she will kick ur balls so hard that u wont be seating for weeks..thats also possible biggrin.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/11/14 at 9:52am
post #11886 of 18029
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

^ hifimanrookie, you are bad influence as always.  I would get slapped/punched if I asked my wife "...should we try the backroads?....".  :eek:  :p:D


Lmfao, good one :cool:

post #11887 of 18029
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

I'm running the HE-500 from a M-stage I just got and man, I LOVE it! I heard things in the midrange I had never heard before on familiar songs. No going back to IEMs after this!

 

 

 

 
Sweet pics!
post #11888 of 18029
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post

Thanks mate!
post #11889 of 18029

i got to hear the he-6 and he-500 yesterday.  totally different headphones.  the he-6 through the ef6 was the best imaging of all the planars i heard and i like it alot.  almost sounded like a dynamic headphone.   too bad it wasn't airier and i do prefer a little close presentation but i applaud it.  the 500 to me..was cool. 

i was very surprised of the he-300.  lite, not sure if it's vshaped or if the extra body of the highs and lows just give it that effect.  it imaged much like the he-6. was smooth and detail wasn't bad.  artificial sounding often though but for $250 it's not a bad little headphone.

i wanted headphones because i didn't think i could get the sound quality i was after for my budget with speakers but right before i left i saw a speaker that grabbed my attention. i threw in my demo disc and almost started crying.  it was like the speaker was listening to my every thoughts when auditioning the headphones and then conformed itself. 

best part is the bookshelf was affordable.  after i get the new house finished i'm going to check my budget and pick them up or possibly save to get the towers

post #11890 of 18029
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaCosmos View Post
 

i got to hear the he-6 and he-500 yesterday.  totally different headphones.  the he-6 through the ef6 was the best imaging of all the planars i heard and i like it alot.  almost sounded like a dynamic headphone.   too bad it wasn't airier and i do prefer a little close presentation but i applaud it.  the 500 to me..was cool. 

i was very surprised of the he-300.  lite, not sure if it's vshaped or if the extra body of the highs and lows just give it that effect.  it imaged much like the he-6. was smooth and detail wasn't bad.  artificial sounding often though but for $250 it's not a bad little headphone.

i wanted headphones because i didn't think i could get the sound quality i was after for my budget with speakers but right before i left i saw a speaker that grabbed my attention. i threw in my demo disc and almost started crying.  it was like the speaker was listening to my every thoughts when auditioning the headphones and then conformed itself. 

best part is the bookshelf was affordable.  after i get the new house finished i'm going to check my budget and pick them up or possibly save to get the towers

Yeah, speakers will do that to you haha...mind sharing what model?

post #11891 of 18029

I also decided to get a pair of bookshelves recently. So far I'm decided on the Arx A1b. Can't wait!

post #11892 of 18029

monitor audio gold series

post #11893 of 18029

btw by affordable i didn't mean cheap lol.  i mean it was something i might be able to afford one day.  actually right now if my wife wasn't so flippin worried about getting the house done with our budget

post #11894 of 18029

Hey guys, I recently got a he-500 and it sounds amazing so far.  However, I had originally planned to get the he-400 and an amp but then ended up blowing my budget on the he-500, no regrets.  Can anyone recommend a decent amp for the he-500 under $200? preferably around 150.

I know such a cheap amp wouldn't show the full potential of the he-500 but an amp is better than no amp.  I am aiming to get a Lyr/modi or Lyr/Bifrost or something similar in the future


Edited by revolte - 2/11/14 at 1:19pm
post #11895 of 18029
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolte View Post
 

Hey guys, I recently got a he-500 and it sounds amazing so far.  However, I had originally planned to get the he-400 and an amp but then ended up blowing my budget on the he-500, no regrets.  Can anyone recommend a decent amp for the he-500 under $200? preferably around 150.

I know such a cheap amp wouldn't show the full potential of the he-500 but an amp is better than no amp.  I am aiming to get a Lyr/modi or Lyr/Bifrost or something similar in the future


How about the highly praised and im sure you've heard of.. Emotiva mini-x? I'm using it and love it, Koiloco uses it and prefers it over tons of other amps over 2x the cost, and tons of other people love it. Why not give it a shot?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .