Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 787

post #11791 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

Good thing I won't have enough money tomorrow to upgrade, so I can just enjoy this without wanting more ;)

 

Yeah, I truly believe Schiit makes good **** for not too much money. I have the Biforst Uber with USB and it's a good DAC. Enjoy!

That's the DAC I'm looking for, worth many times its price. one use is to stream and play music from my Android phone. If my GS3 can't interface with it, I'll get SPDIF vis USB to the Bifrost SPDIF coax input. I've done this from my phone to a Focusrite DAC/ADC/Midi/Mixer. I have an older dual core laptop that I can use for a source to the Bifrost.

post #11792 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post


I'm not sure if he'd have any walking around money left after your proposed new venture. Then again it'll probably take two years to build an amp that'll please him.
Well..for this amp iam already waiting 8 months now..and i am deadbroke for now after the last upgrade i included on the amp since recently and thats a good and bad thing on an amp that takes so long to built..

good is u can upgrade it on the way and include it in the built by the builder....bad way..it will cost ya way more money then u initially participated... Well..together with the phone i didnt anticipated to buy (it was a totally emotional buy!!) i am at least 2000 usd above the budget i had calculated for my amp...

correction!!!...before i even heard of BC my initial initial initial budget for a new amp was 1200-1500 usd..damn..i think i took a wrong turn somewhere. biggrin.gif

And no..i probably will never ever buy a sr009 rig..its to expensive...as knowing me i wouldnt be satisfied with just an regular electrostatic amp to drive it...so..no way i will buy one...to be honest..this will probably be my last headphone rig buy i will ever do..end of this year i will be switching over to speaker magic again and it has been about time after 10 years or so... tongue.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/8/14 at 4:51pm
post #11793 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Well..for this amp iam already waiting 8 months now..and i am deadbroke for now after the last upgrade i included on the amp since recently and thats a good and bad thing on an amp that takes so long to built..

good is u can upgrade it on the way and include it in the built by the builder....bad way..it will cost ya way more money then u initially participated... Well..together with the phone i didnt anticipated to buy (it was a totally emotional buy!!) i am at least 2000 usd above the budget i had calculated for my amp...

correction!!!...before i even heard of BC my initial initial initial budget for a new amp was 1200-1500 usd..damn..i think i took a wrong turn somewhere. biggrin.gif

And no..i probably will never ever buy a sr009 rig..its to expensive...as knowing me i wouldnt be satisfied with just an regular electrostatic amp to drive it...so..no way i will buy one...to be honest..this will probably be my last headphone rig buy i will ever do..end of this year i will be switching over to speaker magic again and it has been about time after 10 years or so... tongue.gif

I can't wait to hear your thoughts about your rig. Might just come knocking on your door to listen myself :dt880smile:

post #11794 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Well..for this amp iam already waiting 8 months now..and i am deadbroke for now after the last upgrade i included on the amp since recently and thats a good and bad thing on an amp that takes so long to built..

good is u can upgrade it on the way and include it in the built by the builder....bad way..it will cost ya way more money then u initially participated... Well..together with the phone i didnt anticipated to buy (it was a totally emotional buy!!) i am at least 2000 usd above the budget i had calculated for my amp...

correction!!!...before i even heard of BC my initial initial initial budget for a new amp was 1200-1500 usd..damn..i think i took a wrong turn somewhere. biggrin.gif

And no..i probably will never ever buy a sr009 rig..its to expensive...as knowing me i wouldnt be satisfied with just an regular electrostatic amp to drive it...so..no way i will buy one...to be honest..this will probably be my last headphone rig buy i will ever do..end of this year i will be switching over to speaker magic again and it has been about time after 10 years or so... tongue.gif

Any more of this and you'll be wearing wooden shoes. I sure hope that amp sounds stupendous.

Speakers? You just upped the ante. Yep, you will end up with wooden shoes, but your ears will be happy.

post #11795 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Any more of this and you'll be wearing wooden shoes. I sure hope that amp sounds stupendous.

Speakers? You just upped the ante. Yep, you will end up with wooden shoes, but your ears will be happy.

Dude, we're from Holland we already wear clogs and smoke weed all day. 

post #11796 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

Dude, we're from Holland we already wear clogs and smoke weed all day. 


The second part was the highlight of my day today :)

post #11797 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post

Dude, we're from Holland we already wear clogs and smoke weed all day. 
Well some of us do.. biggrin.gif but I am imported..remember? I am a more red wine and spicy cheese type of a guy.. biggrin.gif
post #11798 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Well some of us do.. biggrin.gif but I am imported..remember? I am a more red wine and spicy cheese type of a guy.. biggrin.gif

Well I'm part Indonesian (although most people can't tell) so no Dutch blonde guy either. I like my beer and Ajax though :beerchug: 

post #11799 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post

Well I'm part Indonesian (although most people can't tell) so no Dutch blonde guy either. I like my beer and Ajax though beerchug.gif  
Lolz.. wink.gif
post #11800 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

Dude, we're from Holland we already wear clogs and smoke weed all day. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Well some of us do.. biggrin.gif but I am imported..remember? I am a more red wine and spicy cheese type of a guy.. biggrin.gif

Remind me never to have surgery out there. :D

The beginnings of decriminalizing weed out here in the USA have begun, Many don't realize that if they fail a drug test at work, they will be out of a job and will have nothing to say about it.

post #11801 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

 

 

Remind me never to have surgery out there. :D

The beginnings of decriminalizing weed out here in the USA have begun, Many don't realize that if they fail a drug test at work, they will be out of a job and will have nothing to say about it.

Yeah, but it's pretty normal not to be stoned when working right. I mean I'm a freelancer but I wouldn't work drunk or stoned. Ever.

post #11802 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post

Yeah, but it's pretty normal not to be stoned when working right. I mean I'm a freelancer but I wouldn't work drunk or stoned. Ever.
I never ever touched that stuff (or any other stuff which breaks down ur braincells on the longrun) in my life and got (abit) drunk only once in my whole life and i am born here from portuguese parents biggrin.gif
And to be be honest..i am interim..i get hired by companies for a short while for different reasons..if i ever wouldnt be on my best..well.then.lets say it wouldnt be good for my professional life biggrin.gif
So they expect me to be sober in every way...24/7... But i dont expect otherwise from them. wink.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/8/14 at 6:09pm
post #11803 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


I never ever touched that stuff (or any other stuff which breaks down ur braincells on the longrun) in my life and got (abit) drunk only once in my whole life and i am born here from portuguese parents biggrin.gif
And to be be honest..i am interim..i get hired by companies for a short while for different reasons..if i ever wouldnt be on my best..well.then.lets say it wouldnt be good for my professional life biggrin.gif
So they expect me to be sober in every way...24/7... But i dont expect otherwise from them. wink.gif

Yeah, I dislike drugs but I'm not the kind of guy who can just drink one beer. That's why I only drink when going out with friends ;)

post #11804 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

Yes, but this is my endgame rig today :p

 

I have some tube socketsavers which is why the tubes look stretched. They are the Philips Miniwatt E88CC I just got today. Very pleased with them! 

 

Glad you got your Miniwatts and they're working out.  Is it ever the end game with tubes though?  :D

Saw your pix in the other thread.  Now you just need a comfy kick-back-and-enjoy chair.  The back of the one in the shot not shown here makes my back cringe ;)

 

And don't mind StanD.  He's a troublemaker, as if it weren't painfully obvious (yeah, yeah, takes one to know one!)

post #11805 of 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

Well some of us do.. biggrin.gif but I am imported..remember? I am a more red wine and spicy cheese type of a guy.. biggrin.gif

 

Well, schiit, brother, now we're talkin'!  I'll bring some fine reds over, and you supply the cheese.  No, cheese is not code for anything ;)  I'd bring it, but customs and all.  I'll even bring my HE-500s and we can have a battle on your amp :darthsmile:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .