Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 786

post #11776 of 16444
The upcoming meeting is an hour's drive away, no tolls. Actually I don't have the funds to buy the 009 right now, even if I wanted to. But who knows, think I could loan the money ;-)
post #11777 of 16444
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

The upcoming meeting is an hour's drive away, no tolls. Actually I don't have the funds to buy the 009 right now, even if I wanted to. But who knows, think I could loan the money ;-)

Not only would you have to buy the 009's but you'd need the proper amp for it as well. We're talking high voltage. :eek:

post #11778 of 16444
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Not only would you have to buy the 009's but you'd need the proper amp for it as well. We're talking high voltage. :eek:

 

So, ten grand for cans, in essence.  That's outta my league.  Better consult the master.  Oh, hifimanrookie!...  ;)

post #11779 of 16444
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

The upcoming meeting is an hour's drive away, no tolls. Actually I don't have the funds to buy the 009 right now, even if I wanted to. But who knows, think I could loan the money ;-)

Not only would you have to buy the 009's but you'd need the proper amp for it as well. We're talking high voltage. :eek:

Well... I'll confess and say right away.. I'd probably use my T1 for some months. Forgive me for my dirty thoughts!!

post #11780 of 16444
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Not only would you have to buy the 009's but you'd need the proper amp for it as well. We're talking high voltage. :eek:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

So, ten grand for cans, in essence.  That's outta my league.  Better consult the master.  Oh, hifimanrookie!...  ;)

I'm not sure if he'd have any walking around money left after your proposed new venture. Then again it'll probably take two years to build an amp that'll please him.

post #11781 of 16444

Here's a picture of my endgame rig. 

 

post #11782 of 16444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

Here's a picture of my endgame rig. 

 

Strange that how often today's endgame becomes forgotten tomorrow after one hears or sees something new that catches their fancy.

Looks like a Lyr with stretched tubes.

post #11783 of 16444
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Strange that how often today's endgame becomes forgotten tomorrow after one hears or sees something new that catches their fancy.

Looks like a Lyr with stretched tubes.

Yes, but this is my endgame rig today :p

 

I have some tube socketsavers which is why the tubes look stretched. They are the Philips Miniwatt E88CC I just got today. Very pleased with them! 

post #11784 of 16444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

Yes, but this is my endgame rig today :p

 

I have some tube socketsavers which is why the tubes look stretched. They are the Philips Miniwatt E88CC I just got today. Very pleased with them! 

Enjoy it, just remember that tomorrow is just another day away. Doesn't Schiit make some good Schiit? I'm looking to get a fully tricked out Bifrost, I pulled the trigger and Amazon fumbled.

post #11785 of 16444
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Enjoy it, just remember that tomorrow is just another day away. Doesn't Schiit make some good Schiit? I'm looking to get a fully tricked out Bifrost, I pulled the trigger and Amazon fumbled.

Good thing I won't have enough money tomorrow to upgrade, so I can just enjoy this without wanting more ;)

 

Yeah, I truly believe Schiit makes good **** for not too much money. I have the Biforst Uber with USB and it's a good DAC. Enjoy!

post #11786 of 16444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

Good thing I won't have enough money tomorrow to upgrade, so I can just enjoy this without wanting more ;)

 

Yeah, I truly believe Schiit makes good **** for not too much money. I have the Biforst Uber with USB and it's a good DAC. Enjoy!

That's the DAC I'm looking for, worth many times its price. one use is to stream and play music from my Android phone. If my GS3 can't interface with it, I'll get SPDIF vis USB to the Bifrost SPDIF coax input. I've done this from my phone to a Focusrite DAC/ADC/Midi/Mixer. I have an older dual core laptop that I can use for a source to the Bifrost.

post #11787 of 16444
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post


I'm not sure if he'd have any walking around money left after your proposed new venture. Then again it'll probably take two years to build an amp that'll please him.
Well..for this amp iam already waiting 8 months now..and i am deadbroke for now after the last upgrade i included on the amp since recently and thats a good and bad thing on an amp that takes so long to built..

good is u can upgrade it on the way and include it in the built by the builder....bad way..it will cost ya way more money then u initially participated... Well..together with the phone i didnt anticipated to buy (it was a totally emotional buy!!) i am at least 2000 usd above the budget i had calculated for my amp...

correction!!!...before i even heard of BC my initial initial initial budget for a new amp was 1200-1500 usd..damn..i think i took a wrong turn somewhere. biggrin.gif

And no..i probably will never ever buy a sr009 rig..its to expensive...as knowing me i wouldnt be satisfied with just an regular electrostatic amp to drive it...so..no way i will buy one...to be honest..this will probably be my last headphone rig buy i will ever do..end of this year i will be switching over to speaker magic again and it has been about time after 10 years or so... tongue.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 2/8/14 at 4:51pm
post #11788 of 16444
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Well..for this amp iam already waiting 8 months now..and i am deadbroke for now after the last upgrade i included on the amp since recently and thats a good and bad thing on an amp that takes so long to built..

good is u can upgrade it on the way and include it in the built by the builder....bad way..it will cost ya way more money then u initially participated... Well..together with the phone i didnt anticipated to buy (it was a totally emotional buy!!) i am at least 2000 usd above the budget i had calculated for my amp...

correction!!!...before i even heard of BC my initial initial initial budget for a new amp was 1200-1500 usd..damn..i think i took a wrong turn somewhere. biggrin.gif

And no..i probably will never ever buy a sr009 rig..its to expensive...as knowing me i wouldnt be satisfied with just an regular electrostatic amp to drive it...so..no way i will buy one...to be honest..this will probably be my last headphone rig buy i will ever do..end of this year i will be switching over to speaker magic again and it has been about time after 10 years or so... tongue.gif

I can't wait to hear your thoughts about your rig. Might just come knocking on your door to listen myself :dt880smile:

post #11789 of 16444
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Well..for this amp iam already waiting 8 months now..and i am deadbroke for now after the last upgrade i included on the amp since recently and thats a good and bad thing on an amp that takes so long to built..

good is u can upgrade it on the way and include it in the built by the builder....bad way..it will cost ya way more money then u initially participated... Well..together with the phone i didnt anticipated to buy (it was a totally emotional buy!!) i am at least 2000 usd above the budget i had calculated for my amp...

correction!!!...before i even heard of BC my initial initial initial budget for a new amp was 1200-1500 usd..damn..i think i took a wrong turn somewhere. biggrin.gif

And no..i probably will never ever buy a sr009 rig..its to expensive...as knowing me i wouldnt be satisfied with just an regular electrostatic amp to drive it...so..no way i will buy one...to be honest..this will probably be my last headphone rig buy i will ever do..end of this year i will be switching over to speaker magic again and it has been about time after 10 years or so... tongue.gif

Any more of this and you'll be wearing wooden shoes. I sure hope that amp sounds stupendous.

Speakers? You just upped the ante. Yep, you will end up with wooden shoes, but your ears will be happy.

post #11790 of 16444
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Any more of this and you'll be wearing wooden shoes. I sure hope that amp sounds stupendous.

Speakers? You just upped the ante. Yep, you will end up with wooden shoes, but your ears will be happy.

Dude, we're from Holland we already wear clogs and smoke weed all day. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .