or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 756

post #11326 of 18019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post


eek.gif
I was lucky enough to have my crafts-endowed sister make me jergpads. And she said many times that whoever was doing this for like $20-$25 (after costs) was an absolute SAINT


Yeah, have her make over 60 of those and have her reconsider if that profit is worth the stress, time, and pain.

post #11327 of 18019
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

 

You didn't notice the rolled off treble or you didn't spend enough time with the ear squeezers? You must be a little like Ross Perot, the Sennheiser Momentums ain't making it around your ears.

 

On-ear I can tolerate (see: Grados).  Yeah, I noticed the rolled off treble, and it suited some things like lo-fi indie stuff with way too much treble, but that's a bit specialized for $500 cans.

 

Ross Perot is little.  I am not ;)

post #11328 of 18019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post

eek.gif
I was lucky enough to have my crafts-endowed sister make me jergpads. And she said many times that whoever was doing this for like $20-$25 (after costs) was an absolute SAINT

 

:eek:  indeed.

 

It should be noted that modulor posted a very detailed guide.  I had no problems making my own.  They definitely helped, along with jerg's other mods.  As he noted, IIRC, the effects are cumulative.  If making money were the goal, publishing the guide with detailed photographs was a bad move.  Obviously, that was not the goal.

 

I'd say your sister is a saint :smile:

post #11329 of 18019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post


Yeah, have her make over 60 of those and have her reconsider if that profit is worth the stress, time, and pain.
I think you misread my post
post #11330 of 18019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post


I think you misread my post


I think I did

post #11331 of 18019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post


eek.gif
I was lucky enough to have my crafts-endowed sister make me jergpads. And she said many times that whoever was doing this for like $20-$25 (after costs) was an absolute SAINT

 

Ok that's it.

 

Let's canonize modulor...

 

:D

post #11332 of 18019

Lol don't just go killing off people Koiloco.

post #11333 of 18019
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

 

Ok that's it.

 

Let's canonize modulor...

 

:D

Fine, Saint Modulor it is (or does he prefer Saint Ryan).... and where does this leave Jerg, the brain behind this ? Oh wait, he is already Saint Jorg (according to Dr. Fang) :beerchug:

post #11334 of 18019
Quote:
Originally Posted by nk77 View Post
 

Lol don't just go killing off people Koiloco.

 

Hey, there's actually a living saint, right?...I am not sure; haven't been to church for far too long!  :p

post #11335 of 18019
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post

 

Hey, there's actually a living saint, right?...I am not sure; haven't been to church for far too long!  :p

 

*tsk tsk*

Say your Rosary and give us 20 Hail Fangs ;)

 

 

gee, it's a good thing I'm not Catholic (though I am quite catholic ;-)

post #11336 of 18019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

*tsk tsk*

Say your Rosary and give us 20 Hail Fangs ;)

 

 

gee, it's a good thing I'm not Catholic (though I am quite catholic ;-)

Amen.  I am forgiven.  I shall go in peace and rejoice...

post #11337 of 18019
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

In fact right now I'm listening to my HD600's if that's safe to say in this thread.:D

If you like HE-500's, you'd probably prefer HD600's over HD650's. Did you find the treble in the HD650's wanting in comparison to the HE500?

 

I would say the exact opposite.  I found the HE-500 and HD-650s more similar compared to the HE-500 and HD-600s

post #11338 of 18019

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

In fact right now I'm listening to my HD600's if that's safe to say in this thread.:D

If you like HE-500's, you'd probably prefer HD600's over HD650's. Did you find the treble in the HD650's wanting in comparison to the HE500?

Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 

 

I would say the exact opposite.  I found the HE-500 and HD-650s more similar compared to the HE-500 and HD-600s

I found that the HD650 has a slightly subdued treble whereas the HE-500 and HD600 have a more revealing treble. IMO the HD650's increased amount of bass accentuates this further.

post #11339 of 18019

I understand about the treble.  However, the HE-500s treble is "not" like either, that's why all the mods - for the sometimes bothersome treble.

 

Now the mids and the bass area are more alike in the HE-500 and HD-650s than the HD-600s.  No questions there.  

 

Also the 600s treble is not any more "revealing" so to speak than the 650s.  You hear no more information in the 600s than the 650s  ha ha,,,

post #11340 of 18019
A bit oftopic..but i first experienced clipping of an amp ..it was horrific..like i was listening to a station who was very weak...all was disturbed.. Bass was just cracking..at a point i was afraid in damaging my code-x!! It was weird that it only appeared Especially on 24bit tracks... So i am guessing that my usb amp is to weak for my code-x redface.gif damn..cant wait to get my new powerful amp! Just wanted u to know this..as i never ever knew what u guys meant with clipping... Now i know. wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .