Oh yeah, getting the Emotiva whenever I can save up enough; probably this month, anyways, thanks everyone.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 10/4/14 at 8:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
My reviews are usually long winded and detailed, but in this review im keeping things short as this is not a high-end product by any means. I have had the Sansa Clip since June of last year, and...
In my humble opinion the Sennheiser HD600 is by far one of the best sounding dynamic headphones on the market period hopefully you'll agree with me at the end of this...
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 755
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I will have my pair very soon, as they are going to ship within the next day. I'll post impressions when I get them.
500's came today, maybe it's too early for impressions. Coming from the 400's, there isn't even a hint of sibilance on the 500's. And the sound quality is a huge step up. More body, more presence- a very engaging presentation. On a side note, for months I've read about the weight of these headphones. Maybe I was expecting heavier- when first putting them on I thought I made a mistake and put on the 400's. Maybe after time it will be more apparent. Anyways, these headphones are amazing. Hard to imagine it getting much better than this. Listening to live music, I'm in the balcony of heaven tonight.
Congrats. Are you driving them with your Lyr? Also, the 150 hours recommended burn-in should really help. Enjoy for now. The modding bug will bite you
Instigator, let's see what trouble you can stir up.
BTW, you know you're itchin' to check out my FS ad for my HD 650s + cable. G'on now, skeedaddle!
In fact right now I'm listening to my HD600's if that's safe to say in this thread.
If you like HE-500's, you'd probably prefer HD600's over HD650's. Did you find the treble in the HD650's wanting in comparison to the HE500?
Mostly I found the pads wanting on my ears. Just couldn't get comfortable with them. I know I'm weird. Must have big ears. Soundwise they were a nice addition to the stables. Out to pasture they go. Or, hopefully, on to greener pastures.
You didn't notice the rolled off treble or you didn't spend enough time with the ear squeezers? You must be a little like Ross Perot, the Sennheiser Momentums ain't making it around your ears.
I was lucky enough to have my crafts-endowed sister make me jergpads. And she said many times that whoever was doing this for like $20-$25 (after costs) was an absolute SAINT
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 42 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 4 minutes ago
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2