Oh yeah, getting the Emotiva whenever I can save up enough; probably this month, anyways, thanks everyone.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 10/4/14 at 8:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 755
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I will have my pair very soon, as they are going to ship within the next day. I'll post impressions when I get them.
500's came today, maybe it's too early for impressions. Coming from the 400's, there isn't even a hint of sibilance on the 500's. And the sound quality is a huge step up. More body, more presence- a very engaging presentation. On a side note, for months I've read about the weight of these headphones. Maybe I was expecting heavier- when first putting them on I thought I made a mistake and put on the 400's. Maybe after time it will be more apparent. Anyways, these headphones are amazing. Hard to imagine it getting much better than this. Listening to live music, I'm in the balcony of heaven tonight.
Congrats. Are you driving them with your Lyr? Also, the 150 hours recommended burn-in should really help. Enjoy for now. The modding bug will bite you
Instigator, let's see what trouble you can stir up.
BTW, you know you're itchin' to check out my FS ad for my HD 650s + cable. G'on now, skeedaddle!
In fact right now I'm listening to my HD600's if that's safe to say in this thread.
If you like HE-500's, you'd probably prefer HD600's over HD650's. Did you find the treble in the HD650's wanting in comparison to the HE500?
Mostly I found the pads wanting on my ears. Just couldn't get comfortable with them. I know I'm weird. Must have big ears. Soundwise they were a nice addition to the stables. Out to pasture they go. Or, hopefully, on to greener pastures.
You didn't notice the rolled off treble or you didn't spend enough time with the ear squeezers? You must be a little like Ross Perot, the Sennheiser Momentums ain't making it around your ears.
I was lucky enough to have my crafts-endowed sister make me jergpads. And she said many times that whoever was doing this for like $20-$25 (after costs) was an absolute SAINT
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PC Audio: Creative Sound Blaster Z series not working with... 19 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 37 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 42 seconds ago
- › Celsus Sound Companion One, 32/384 USB, iOS/Android, 24/192 Wi-Fi... 3 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 3 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 3 minutes ago
- › Have you ever met anyone on here who resorts to name calling? 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D1001 or D2000: Decisions... 4 minutes ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3