or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 746

post #11176 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post
 

I've been out of this thread for the last couple weeks because I needed some time away from the LCD-2 and this HE-500 thread to compare both headphones. Well, I said the victor would be whoever's thread I post in last, so...

 

:D;)

 

Sad to hear that you got banned from the LCD-2 forum.

post #11177 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post
 

 

Sad to hear that you got banned from the LCD-2 forum.


Lmao good one

post #11178 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post
 

 

Sad to hear that you got banned from the LCD-2 forum.

 

Rofl, a good one :D We'll keep a close eye to see if there have been no ill adverse effects from your isolation!

post #11179 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post
 

I've been out of this thread for the last couple weeks because I needed some time away from the LCD-2 and this HE-500 thread to compare both headphones. Well, I said the victor would be whoever's thread I post in last, so...

 

:D;)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post
 

 

Sad to hear that you got banned from the LCD-2 forum.

Apparently we'll let anyone in here. :veryevil:

post #11180 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

 

Apparently we'll let anyone in here. :veryevil:

 

I know, right.  Speaking of... ;)  did you ever get those AKG pads for your HE-500s?

post #11181 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

I know, right.  Speaking of... ;)  did you ever get those AKG pads for your HE-500s?

Uh...nope, I bought another amp instead....:eek:

post #11182 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Uh...nope, I bought another amp instead....:eek:

 

LOL, a $35 amp?  Well, I don't want to tempt you, but I am curious to hear what other people think about this simple, relatively inexpensive (oh, I'm sorry, was that tempting? ;) ) mod.

 

What amp did you get?  Solid state, I reckon.

post #11183 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

I know, right.  Speaking of... ;)  did you ever get those AKG pads for your HE-500s?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Uh...nope, I bought another amp instead....:eek:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

LOL, a $35 amp?  Well, I don't want to tempt you, but I am curious to hear what other people think about this simple, relatively inexpensive (oh, I'm sorry, was that tempting? ;) ) mod.

 

What amp did you get?  Solid state, I reckon.

Actually 2 amps. I took two Schiits. I got an Asgard 2, yes you know me and SS Amp. I also got a cheap hybrid, just for Schiit and Giggles, I got a Vali.

The Asgard 2 is outstanding. It drives my HE-500 and HD600 excellently, sounds great.

The Vali was for fun and was dirt cheap. It actually sounds decent, well it is part SS. It drives the HD600 well and can drive the HE-500 but not too loudly but enough. I can hear the distortion it has, but it's not nasty or in your face. It has a bit of noise that'll bug folks with sensitive cans/IEMs and it rings when you plug/unplug a jack to tap the case, not so bad.

The Asgard 2 has exceeded expectations.

Both are built well.

Pads, pads, pads :D

post #11184 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

 

 

 

 

Actually 2 amps. I took two Schiits. I got an Asgard 2, yes you know me and SS Amp. I also got a cheap hybrid, just for Schiit and Giggles, I got a Vali.

The Asgard 2 is outstanding. It drives my HE-500 and HD600 excellently, sounds great.

The Vali was for fun and was dirt cheap. It actually sounds decent, well it is part SS. It drives the HD600 well and can drive the HE-500 but not too loudly but enough. I can hear the distortion it has, but it's not nasty or in your face. It has a bit of noise that'll bug folks with sensitive cans/IEMs and it rings when you plug/unplug a jack to tap the case, not so bad.

The Asgard 2 has exceeded expectations.

Both are built well.

Pads, pads, pads :D

 

For dat money, shoulda done gone and got yrself a Lyr... ;)

 

I forgot the Vali is so cheap.  Yeah, that had to be tempting.  Enjoy yr schiit, and get youse some pads :D

post #11185 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

 

 

 

 

Actually 2 amps. I took two Schiits. I got an Asgard 2, yes you know me and SS Amp. I also got a cheap hybrid, just for Schiit and Giggles, I got a Vali.

The Asgard 2 is outstanding. It drives my HE-500 and HD600 excellently, sounds great.

The Vali was for fun and was dirt cheap. It actually sounds decent, well it is part SS. It drives the HD600 well and can drive the HE-500 but not too loudly but enough. I can hear the distortion it has, but it's not nasty or in your face. It has a bit of noise that'll bug folks with sensitive cans/IEMs and it rings when you plug/unplug a jack to tap the case, not so bad.

The Asgard 2 has exceeded expectations.

Both are built well.

Pads, pads, pads :D

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

For dat money, shoulda done gone and got yrself a Lyr... ;)

 

I forgot the Vali is so cheap.  Yeah, that had to be tempting.  Enjoy yr schiit, and get youse some pads :D

If was to get a serious tube amp, I'd go for bigger bucks and get a pure tube amp that could also drive low impedance cans like the HE-500's. That means a tube amp with a quality output transformer, $650 and upwards. Not this week. :D

post #11186 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post


If was to get a serious tube amp, I'd go for bigger bucks and get a pure tube amp that could also drive low impedance cans like the HE-500's. That means a tube amp with a quality output transformer, $650 and upwards. Not this week. biggrin.gif
337 biggrin.gif
post #11187 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonido View Post


337 biggrin.gif

Do you even Blue Circle bro?

post #11188 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonido View Post

337 biggrin.gif
No comment wink.gif
post #11189 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonido View Post


337 biggrin.gif

 337 + 2 = 339 :D

post #11190 of 18028
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

 

 

If was to get a serious tube amp, I'd go for bigger bucks and get a pure tube amp that could also drive low impedance cans like the HE-500's. That means a tube amp with a quality output transformer, $650 and upwards. Not this week. :D

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonido View Post


337 biggrin.gif

I hear a dark voice in my head that sez no. It's OTL capacitor coupled, no. Looks nice though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .