or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 744

post #11146 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post
 

Yep, that is why I said to my ears.:wink:


Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 1:47am
post #11147 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibzilla View Post
 


Fair enough. I a lil more of an amp guy myself, but in the end it comes down to synergy over the whole set-up. However after M13 and DSG pushed me into trying out some higher level, mid-level dacs I was pleasantly surprised. Thanks u 2! I was really burned out at that point in time. While I only liked the keces out of 6 dacs under $300 the PS audio NuWave dac is the only dac out of 6 $400-$850 dacs I didn't enjoy or didn't synergize with my set-up. Amps I feel the opposite about. The mid-level stuff didn't impress me so much. Keep it cheap or go balls to wall imo.

 

LOL. In many cases, very true.

post #11148 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

The manufacturers just love that statement about the 'money chain.' At one point it becomes academic and only the test equipment and one's wallet can tell the difference, unless one's imagination takes over.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


I agree..but at what point u can say ur at a point of no return? A beats owner with a 300usd phone will say we are nuts buying a 699usd phone or even worse..getting a dac and an amp on top of that..their iphone (etc) sounds wonderfull..LOTS OF BASS they want.. So they say we are just some old weirdos with to much money in our pockets..this kind of extra money they probably want to invest in a sounddeafening exhaust for the honda they have of 15years old... tongue.gif
On the other hand u have those snobists who only buy stuff because it has a high end name/reputation (i know a few of them!)..so stuff under 5000euro they wont touch... To be honest i also dont understand why people pay more then a 100grand on one pair of speakers...or same amount on mono blocks to drive them..or cables so heavy they have to be supported or else they pull the lighter source from the audio rack...thats NUTS ..i think that the point of no return could be around 5000usd per component..when u get higher its all about exotic internals and stuff..and estetics. (Am still waiting for the first full carbon fibre component!)

C'mon using Beats as an example is like telling someone with ears filled with wax to evaluate audio. I agree 100% with the rest. I'm sure that most of the high rollers you point to cannot hear the difference. But as I always say, how another willingly spends their money is up to them. I'm not a fan of how some of them try to influence others to waste their $$$ who otherwise wouldn't. Those tall tales may amuse me, but unduly influence others to either spend unnecessarily or feel bad about what they can afford. These days one can do rather well without spending a fortune, especially if they cannot fork out a ton of $.

post #11149 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibzilla View Post
 


Fair enough. I a lil more of an amp guy myself, but in the end it comes down to synergy over the whole set-up. However after M13 and DSG pushed me into trying out some higher level, mid-level dacs I was pleasantly surprised. Thanks u 2! I was really burned out at that point in time. While I only liked the keces out of 6 dacs under $300 the PS audio NuWave dac is the only dac out of 6 $400-$850 dacs I didn't enjoy or didn't synergize with my set-up. Amps I feel the opposite about. The mid-level stuff didn't impress me so much. Keep it cheap or go balls to wall imo.

 

The PS Audio NuWave was also one DAC that didn't synergise with my system. I am trying to see if I can get a demo of the PWD2 with my HE-500 and Mini-X.

post #11150 of 18078

So Ive got a curious question. My HE-500's came with a little card with a bunch of Asian writing all over it that I can not read, and a couple of hand written numbers on it that look like serial numbers. Are these serial numbers? If so I cant find any numbers anywhere on the cans let alone ones that match those hand written ones. Are they perhaps a serial number for each driver? Havent pulled the pads off to see if there are any numbers there. Just curious and wondering if anyone knows what those numbers are for.

post #11151 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_r_ View Post
 

So Ive got a curious question. My HE-500's came with a little card with a bunch of Asian writing all over it that I can not read, and a couple of hand written numbers on it that look like serial numbers. Are these serial numbers? If so I cant find any numbers anywhere on the cans let alone ones that match those hand written ones. Are they perhaps a serial number for each driver? Havent pulled the pads off to see if there are any numbers there. Just curious and wondering if anyone knows what those numbers are for.

those are the serial number written on a warranty card

post #11152 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chik0240 View Post
 

those are the serial number written on a warranty card


Ah, yep, I just confirmed that when I pulled off the leather pads to try the velour ones. Thanks!

post #11153 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibzilla View Post
 However after M13 and DSG pushed me into trying out some higher level, mid-level dacs I was pleasantly surprised. Thanks u 2!

I'm glad I was able to help you spend more money. Recommend me to others who need wallet slaying. I'm available 24 / 7/ 365 days of the year for you all.

post #11154 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_r_ View Post
 

So Ive got a curious question. My HE-500's came with a little card with a bunch of Asian writing all over it that I can not read, and a couple of hand written numbers on it that look like serial numbers. Are these serial numbers? If so I cant find any numbers anywhere on the cans let alone ones that match those hand written ones. Are they perhaps a serial number for each driver? Havent pulled the pads off to see if there are any numbers there. Just curious and wondering if anyone knows what those numbers are for.


They're driver numbers. If you take off your earpads you will see little stickers inside with matching numbers for each driver. I think this is part of the new QA Hifiman started last year after Fang hiring a QA expert. And I think their quality consistency has gone up, so it's sort of working. Also the numbers show when the driver was made? or tested? something like that.

post #11155 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 

I'm glad I was able to help you spend more money. Recommend me to others who need wallet slaying. I'm available 24 / 7/ 365 days of the year for you all.

So it was you that recommended the DAC that Darth Vader has in his helmet.

post #11156 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

So it was you that recommended the DAC that Darth Vader has in his helmet.
eek.gifdeadhorse.gif
post #11157 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

So it was you that recommended the DAC that Darth Vader has in his helmet.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


eek.gifdeadhorse.gif

That's an old model light saber.I think you need an upgrade, get one with a higher bit rate.

post #11158 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post


That's an old model light saber.I think you need an upgrade, get one with a higher bit rate.
but it does have dsd v.16 capacity for a higher definition of the beam..it will cut through any skywalker's peeps like butter, on special order made by the dark jedimaster Emotivar. wink.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 1/20/14 at 1:29pm
post #11159 of 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

 

 

That's an old model light saber.I think you need an upgrade, get one with a higher bit rate.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


but it does have dsd v.16 capacity for a higher definition of the beam..it will cut through any skywalker's peeps like butter biggrin.gif

If you want that Schiit, strap on a Loki.

post #11160 of 18078

Just wondering, how loud is too loud when listening to these? I was listening to some music on my HE-500's and as they are open backs, my roommate commented that I would get hearing damage because he could hear the music.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .