or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 741

post #11101 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by headphonatic View Post

Wet cloth and microwave should do the trick.
To do what?? confused.gif
post #11102 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

I was thinking about compressed air, and the obvious danger is to the diaphragms.  Maybe short bursts at an angle, or angles (moving around the circle), with a vacuum cleaner with hose+nozzle attachment positioned close to draw the dust out.  Definitely wouldn't risk using strong suction directly on them.  Sounds complicated, but how often is one really going to do it.

 

re: plastic bags, I think I'll make a HP cozy, you know, like a tea cozy, but out of the appropriate material.  The Cans Cozy ;)

 

I can ask my wife to knit one for you! :D There's a good chance that would be the most excited she'd get about the HE-500! :p She never liked my HE-500s as they are way too large to fit on her head...

post #11103 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post
 

Has anyone tried to add Hifiman drivers to Audeze headphones? Wonder how that will sound.

Considering the cups are a bit bigger, it may work if someone were to rig some sort of adapter bracket to fit a hifiman driver, though I can't say if one driver is thicker/thinner than the other.  Anything is possible haha

post #11104 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by modulor View Post
 

Considering the cups are a bit bigger, it may work if someone were to rig some sort of adapter bracket to fit a hifiman driver, though I can't say if one driver is thicker/thinner than the other.  Anything is possible haha

 

Exactly why I was thinking of that. Can't do Audeze drivers in Hifiman housing, but I honestly wouldn't, even If I could. I like the Audeze design more.

post #11105 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by daerron View Post

 

I can ask my wife to knit one for you! :D There's a good chance that would be the most excited she'd get about the HE-500! :p She never liked my HE-500s as they are way too large to fit on her head...

 

Thanks.  Maybe she can teach my wife to knit ;)

LOL, I hear ya.  She tolerates my blabbing about cans and tubes, and I get to listen to hers re: scarves and makeup.

post #11106 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

Thanks.  Maybe she can teach my wife to knit ;)

LOL, I hear ya.  She tolerates my blabbing about cans and tubes, and I get to listen to hers re: scarves and makeup.

And jewelry $$$. Makes the price of the HE-500's seem much smaller.

post #11107 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

And jewelry $$$. Makes the price of the HE-500's seem much smaller.

 

Yes, and that.  Makes it easier to justify tubes from Germany or, hopefully sooner rather than later, a DAC from CA ;)

 

In an attempt to stay on topic, the Siemens CCas I got sound great on the HE-500s.  Listening to a few well-worn favs, I was really getting a sense of the soundstage and imaging (whatever those terms mean; LOL).  3D, holographic, tripolicious.

post #11108 of 18011

Quick question; Should I go for the Emotiva Mini-x a-100 or the Garage 1217 Ember, or should I just stick with my O2 amp? I can DIY, so the ember should be around the same price as the Mini X, however the O2 also seem to drive my He 500's just fine, yet I feel as if something's missing, as if the treble isn't as smooth it should be (or maybe I'm just paranoid, horns sound a little honky). BTW I running the O2 from an SMSL SD1955 (really nice DAC, as the name implies it uses an AD1955 chip).

post #11109 of 18011
The o2 doesn't pair well from what I've read and heard. The emotiva is flawless from what I've observed while I've had it for about a month. Though I don't know how it compares to the ember.
post #11110 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by headphonatic View Post
 

Quick question; Should I go for the Emotiva Mini-x a-100 or the Garage 1217 Ember, or should I just stick with my O2 amp? I can DIY, so the ember should be around the same price as the Mini X, however the O2 also seem to drive my He 500's just fine, yet I feel as if something's missing, as if the treble isn't as smooth it should be (or maybe I'm just paranoid, horns sound a little honky). BTW I running the O2 from an SMSL SD1955 (really nice DAC, as the name implies it uses an AD1955 chip).

 

Don't stick with the O2 amp. Don't know anything about Ember, but Emotiva is a much better fit for all the planars I've used it with (HE-500, LCD-2 and LCD-3) over the O2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post

The o2 doesn't pair well from what I've read and heard. The emotiva is flawless from what I've observed while I've had it for about a month. Though I don't know how it compares to the ember.

 

Flawless for the money perhaps, but not in stand alone sound quality...not even close. I really wish it was though :( I've had mines for over a year now and there's far better stuff out there. Nonetheless, it can get stuff done and will serve greatly until one can get better stuff. The O2 on the other hand was a no go. Those were painful 4 months when I had it exclusively.

post #11111 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post

The o2 doesn't pair well from what I've read and heard. The emotiva is flawless from what I've observed while I've had it for about a month. Though I don't know how it compares to the ember.

Stop with the buyer's remorse. If after a month, you say it's flawless, stop and enjoy what you've got. Isn't it a bit too soon to start with upgrade fever? :D We are bad with that, aren't we.

post #11112 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

Stop with the buyer's remorse. If after a month, you say it's flawless, stop and enjoy what you've got. Isn't it a bit too soon to start with upgrade fever? biggrin.gif  We are bad with that, aren't we.

+1 i agree..first just try to enjoy what u just bought..or else u will never enjoy ur rig!
My upgraditus always started after i heared a better rig then mine...(any rig) so i knew the sound could be better...it happened twice! First with my mstage and now with my 337.AND I DEEPLY LOVED THOSE TWO AMPS..two gems!!!..and in both cases it took around 2years each..my wallet for sure didnt like my latest action. biggrin.gif
And IMPORTANT..DONT attend any audio meeting for a while.. tongue.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 1/19/14 at 4:49pm
post #11113 of 18011
Lol I'm kinda happy I didn't go to the last meet in Seattle. Yeah flawless for the money, or even 2 or 3x the money. But of course there will always be something better :3
post #11114 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Stop with the buyer's remorse. If after a month, you say it's flawless, stop and enjoy what you've got. Isn't it a bit too soon to start with upgrade fever? :D We are bad with that, aren't we.

 

Yeah, but it's different with tubes.  Suddenly that deal comes up and you think, Schiit, I better bid on those.

Otherwise, I agree :D

post #11115 of 18011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post

Yeah, but it's different with tubes.  Suddenly that deal comes up and you think, Schiit, I better bid on those.
Otherwise, I agree biggrin.gif
Or u go the other way around..from tubes to something else wink.gif

But i agree..tuberolling is a very addictive game!!!!!!!! Before u know it u have many pairs...and expensive ones also..as u always think u can get a better sounding pair..and its worse if u have a full tube amp..not a hybrid..as a full tube amp will cost ya a fortune in tubes if ur not carefull...and u spend it all voluntarely biggrin.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 1/19/14 at 6:06pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .