Yeah. That's pretty much the decision I've already made. If I wait for the G109-S, which should, by all accounts drive them with room to spare and therefore not 'compromise' their sound quality, I'll probably miss the window for returning them to the retailer.
Decisions, decisions... :(
They might be defective.. Is there a hifi store nearby where you can listen to the HE-500 with a amp?