or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 694

post #10396 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


U reckon? biggrin.gif Shal i tell u a secret? I asked the builder to keep the on-off switch out! As i read his builts based on opamps sound on its best being always on... And thats what we all want right? Best sound possible for our budget...whether emotiva, lyr, little dot, darkvoice or blue circle audio or any other brand we use with our phones....we all want the same..

Does it come with a windmill and generator?

post #10397 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Does it come with a windmill and generator?

No, but I think one of the options is a built in vibrator... I meant "massager"  :D

post #10398 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

No, but I think one of the options is a built in vibrator... I meant "massager"  :D

From the looks of it, you can ride it like a bull and it has a heated saddle. I supose it can easily drive an HE-6. :eek:

post #10399 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

From the looks of it, you can ride it like a bull and it has a heated saddle. I supose it can easily drive an HE-6. :eek:

 

I'm pretty sure it can drive his Hummer....

 

I meant his CAR!  ;)

post #10400 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

From the looks of it, you can ride it like a bull and it has a heated saddle. I supose it can easily drive an HE-6. :eek:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

I'm pretty sure it can drive his Hummer....

 

I meant his CAR!  ;)

Are you implying that his amp is battery operated? :eek:

post #10401 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I'll need more than one extra serving of Ras Malai to compensate. :evil:

Haha...and serve it (them) chilled, mate !

post #10402 of 17960
Quote:

Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I'll need more than one extra serving of Ras Malai to compensate. :evil:

 

Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post
 

Haha...and serve it (them) chilled, mate !

Along with a Vodka Lassi. A few of those and all headphones begin to sound the same. :happy_face1:

post #10403 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Along with a Vodka Lassi. A few of those and all headphones begin to sound the same. :happy_face1:

+1. Makes a great case for sticking with mid-fi :beerchug:

post #10404 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post
 

+1. Makes a great case for sticking with mid-fi :beerchug:

hifi is midfi, just a subtle shade and a big price tag.:beerchug:

post #10405 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

From the looks of it, you can ride it like a bull and it has a heated saddle. I supose it can easily drive an HE-6. eek.gif
Lolz..u guys are crazy biggrin.gif

But as i said before... The solely reason of existence of this amp is to drive a he6 the best way possible..in any way!..not just in the powerdepartment...
Its been designed and is being built solely for that... Critical Parts of it is taken directly 1on1 from their TOTL speaker amp, the NSL... The Main amplifier board is actually a NSL board!
Funny is that my amp is upgraded twice already since he started the built (didnt need to pay anything extra!). AS the power he wanted couldnt be reached by the original transformer and powersupply (it maxed out on 4,25w into 8ohm, he told me) so he came up with the monster of the pics i just posted..

the builder,gilbert, even stated to me in a mail that my particular amp is his personal petproject...no one of the production department touches it! So i am guessing he uses my amp to make it the best he can (i told him i am going to visit audio meetings with it through europe with my code-x and i gave him carte-blanche to do whatever he thinks is best) so maybe that helped to make him more inspirational? wink.gif ) and experiment with new things..i dont mind..as i dont need to pay any extra when he comes across another upgrade to put in my amp of which he thinks makes the amp better.. wink.gif

No not battery operated... But he told me that its no problem to modify it to do so..i just have to sent the powersupply back...he did it many times now..i just need to pay and its done..but for now i dont see the profit from it...but u never know..as he even is working on possibilities to drive an amp on solar power and car batteries...he already made couple of amps being powered by some kind of cells instead of the wallsocket...
That guy is really a genius and completely nuts..he doesnt believe in standard....just my type of guy i could call my friend wink.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/31/13 at 3:02am
post #10406 of 17960
If there's a nuclear explosion in the Netherlands, I know exactly who to blame hifimanrookie.
post #10407 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrails View Post

If there's a nuclear explosion in the Netherlands, I know exactly who to blame hifimanrookie.
Lolz..
U wont have any proof mr. Hehehehe but dont forget..BC is in canada..so its more likely the nuclear winter will start more closer to ur doorstep..as he tests his new babies out rigourelesy on his work bench..so if u wake up without any hair one day.BIG OOPSIE...u know.... It wasnt me! wink.gif
Happy new year for later my friend!
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/31/13 at 3:11am
post #10408 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Lolz..
U wont have any proof mr. Hehehehe but dont forget..BC is in canada..so its more likely the nuclear winter will start more closer to ur doorstep..as he tests his new babies out rigourelesy on his work bench..so if u wake up without any hair one day.BIG OOPSIE...u know.... It wasnt me! wink.gif
Happy new year for later my friend!

Car batteries aren't exactly portable, unless you can crush a volkswagon with one hand. How many tubes in that beast?

post #10409 of 17960
Unless i am superman i am guessing my amp is far from portable.. biggrin.gif
Concerning tubes.. no tubes..only opamps...check my first pic of the main amp board..and the pics of the powersupply..
But it will sound nothing like a ss amp..check it uself if u google for blue circle audio NSL amp reviews.. mine has the internals of that beast..only in light version lolz the builder confirmed me it will sound like a NSL..only for headphones instead of speakers
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/31/13 at 7:12am
post #10410 of 17960
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

Unless i am superman i am guessing my amp is far from portable.. biggrin.gif
Concerning tubes.. no tubes..only opamps...check my first pic of the main amp board..and the pics of the powersupply..
But it will sound nothing like a ss amp..check it uself if u google for blue circle audio NSL amp reviews.. mine has the internals of that beast..only in light version lolz the builder confirmed me it will sound like a NSL..only for headphones instead of speakers

I just went back and looked at the pictures, lots of opamps. The tube contingent of Head-Fi won't approve, I do. Just be careful of noise when you have that many opamps. I hope that it does what you expect, you must be waiting at the edge of your seat.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .