@hifimanrookie, me like the way your new toy lookie
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 694post #10396 of 1428312/30/13 at 11:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10397 of 1428312/30/13 at 12:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by hifimanrookie
A bit oftopic..but as some are anxious for my new amp..i show here my first pic i got from the builder...
And am soooo jumpin up and down now..as its first 'in process' pic of my new amp...and i didnt want to keep it from u guys...as soon i have more pics and when i get the amp itself i will start a dedicated thread concerning this amp...for anyone interested ofcourse
and u cant imagine it...its all handwork by one person!!!
And for ur info also...the psu and transformer will be something like this..same case..only completely black with glossy black front to match my amp case.
..although the amp case will have a real stainless cover..just like its backside! Look at the thickness of that stainless steel on the back!
Front side with the round holes will have dual xlr 3pin and one single ended headphone output
As i said..its not MY PSU..but similar and it will have same case...
Geez look at how packed it is internally. Looks very heavypost #10398 of 1428312/30/13 at 12:19pmAm getting nightmares already about the postage costs for transport from canada to the netherlands, as it indeed doesnt look it only weighs 20lbs/9kg... If i am not mistaken the psu case itself would count for at least 20lbs..but i have to hear the concrete weight when its ready...this amp is going to be really expensive with all the xtra costs as i am not even calculating the +35% taxes and customcosts!!! poor mepost #10399 of 1428312/30/13 at 2:20pmpost #10400 of 1428312/30/13 at 2:29pmQuote:U reckon? Shal i tell u a secret? I asked the builder to keep the on-off switch out! As i read his builts based on opamps sound on its best being always on... And thats what we all want right? Best sound possible for our budget...whether emotiva, lyr, little dot, darkvoice or blue circle audio or any other brand we use with our phones....we all want the same..Originally Posted by daerron
, I reckon our national electricity provider would pay you keep that amplifier turned off at the wall.. After all we are sitting at a comfortable national utilisation level of 95%.
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/30/13 at 2:32pmpost #10401 of 1428312/30/13 at 5:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by hifimanrookie
U reckon? Shal i tell u a secret? I asked the builder to keep the on-off switch out! As i read his builts based on opamps sound on its best being always on... And thats what we all want right? Best sound possible for our budget...whether emotiva, lyr, little dot, darkvoice or blue circle audio or any other brand we use with our phones....we all want the same..
Does it come with a windmill and generator?post #10402 of 1428312/30/13 at 5:35pmpost #10403 of 1428312/30/13 at 6:26pmQuote:
From the looks of it, you can ride it like a bull and it has a heated saddle. I supose it can easily drive an HE-6.post #10404 of 1428312/30/13 at 8:15pmQuote:
I'm pretty sure it can drive his Hummer....
I meant his CAR!post #10405 of 1428312/30/13 at 8:22pmQuote:
Are you implying that his amp is battery operated?post #10406 of 1428312/30/13 at 8:34pmpost #10407 of 1428312/30/13 at 9:39pmQuote:
Along with a Vodka Lassi. A few of those and all headphones begin to sound the same.post #10408 of 1428312/30/13 at 9:48pmpost #10409 of 1428312/30/13 at 9:53pmpost #10410 of 1428312/31/13 at 1:44amQuote:Lolz..u guys are crazy
But as i said before... The solely reason of existence of this amp is to drive a he6 the best way possible..in any way!..not just in the powerdepartment...
Its been designed and is being built solely for that... Critical Parts of it is taken directly 1on1 from their TOTL speaker amp, the NSL... The Main amplifier board is actually a NSL board!
Funny is that my amp is upgraded twice already since he started the built (didnt need to pay anything extra!). AS the power he wanted couldnt be reached by the original transformer and powersupply (it maxed out on 4,25w into 8ohm, he told me) so he came up with the monster of the pics i just posted..
the builder,gilbert, even stated to me in a mail that my particular amp is his personal petproject...no one of the production department touches it! So i am guessing he uses my amp to make it the best he can (i told him i am going to visit audio meetings with it through europe with my code-x and i gave him carte-blanche to do whatever he thinks is best) so maybe that helped to make him more inspirational? ) and experiment with new things..i dont mind..as i dont need to pay any extra when he comes across another upgrade to put in my amp of which he thinks makes the amp better..
No not battery operated... But he told me that its no problem to modify it to do so..i just have to sent the powersupply back...he did it many times now..i just need to pay and its done..but for now i dont see the profit from it...but u never know..as he even is working on possibilities to drive an amp on solar power and car batteries...he already made couple of amps being powered by some kind of cells instead of the wallsocket...
That guy is really a genius and completely nuts..he doesnt believe in standard....just my type of guy i could call my friend
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/31/13 at 3:02am
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Looking for ~100 iem 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › HeadAmp Customer Service? 2 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 21 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › Hello, in need for an amp or Dac for DT 880 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)