@hifimanrookie, me like the way your new toy lookie
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 10/4/14 at 8:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
The Start This review is part of the Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour organized by White Lotus and made possible by Sennheiser Australia . Many thanks to White Lotus for his...
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 694
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A bit oftopic..but as some are anxious for my new amp..i show here my first pic i got from the builder...
And am soooo jumpin up and down now..as its first 'in process' pic of my new amp...and i didnt want to keep it from u guys...as soon i have more pics and when i get the amp itself i will start a dedicated thread concerning this amp...for anyone interested ofcourse
and u cant imagine it...its all handwork by one person!!!
And for ur info also...the psu and transformer will be something like this..same case..only completely black with glossy black front to match my amp case.
..although the amp case will have a real stainless cover..just like its backside! Look at the thickness of that stainless steel on the back!
Front side with the round holes will have dual xlr 3pin and one single ended headphone output
As i said..its not MY PSU..but similar and it will have same case...
Geez look at how packed it is internally. Looks very heavy
, I reckon our national electricity provider would pay you keep that amplifier turned off at the wall.. After all we are sitting at a comfortable national utilisation level of 95%.
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/30/13 at 2:32pm
U reckon? Shal i tell u a secret? I asked the builder to keep the on-off switch out! As i read his builts based on opamps sound on its best being always on... And thats what we all want right? Best sound possible for our budget...whether emotiva, lyr, little dot, darkvoice or blue circle audio or any other brand we use with our phones....we all want the same..
Does it come with a windmill and generator?
From the looks of it, you can ride it like a bull and it has a heated saddle. I supose it can easily drive an HE-6.
I'm pretty sure it can drive his Hummer....
I meant his CAR!
Are you implying that his amp is battery operated?
Along with a Vodka Lassi. A few of those and all headphones begin to sound the same.
But as i said before... The solely reason of existence of this amp is to drive a he6 the best way possible..in any way!..not just in the powerdepartment...
Its been designed and is being built solely for that... Critical Parts of it is taken directly 1on1 from their TOTL speaker amp, the NSL... The Main amplifier board is actually a NSL board!
Funny is that my amp is upgraded twice already since he started the built (didnt need to pay anything extra!). AS the power he wanted couldnt be reached by the original transformer and powersupply (it maxed out on 4,25w into 8ohm, he told me) so he came up with the monster of the pics i just posted..
the builder,gilbert, even stated to me in a mail that my particular amp is his personal petproject...no one of the production department touches it! So i am guessing he uses my amp to make it the best he can (i told him i am going to visit audio meetings with it through europe with my code-x and i gave him carte-blanche to do whatever he thinks is best) so maybe that helped to make him more inspirational? ) and experiment with new things..i dont mind..as i dont need to pay any extra when he comes across another upgrade to put in my amp of which he thinks makes the amp better..
No not battery operated... But he told me that its no problem to modify it to do so..i just have to sent the powersupply back...he did it many times now..i just need to pay and its done..but for now i dont see the profit from it...but u never know..as he even is working on possibilities to drive an amp on solar power and car batteries...he already made couple of amps being powered by some kind of cells instead of the wallsocket...
That guy is really a genius and completely nuts..he doesnt believe in standard....just my type of guy i could call my friend
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/31/13 at 3:02am
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 10 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for DIY mobile or half-mobile DAC+Amp solution 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3