@hifimanrookie, me like the way your new toy lookie
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 5/11/14 at 5:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Speaker cables for headphones? Last post on 4/21/14 at 8:13pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) Last post on 8/19/14 at 10:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Need A Balanced &/Or Single Ended Amplifier Around $2-$3K for the HE-500. Last post on 11/25/13 at 3:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 694
Gear mentioned in this thread:
A bit oftopic..but as some are anxious for my new amp..i show here my first pic i got from the builder...
And am soooo jumpin up and down now..as its first 'in process' pic of my new amp...and i didnt want to keep it from u guys...as soon i have more pics and when i get the amp itself i will start a dedicated thread concerning this amp...for anyone interested ofcourse
and u cant imagine it...its all handwork by one person!!!
And for ur info also...the psu and transformer will be something like this..same case..only completely black with glossy black front to match my amp case.
..although the amp case will have a real stainless cover..just like its backside! Look at the thickness of that stainless steel on the back!
Front side with the round holes will have dual xlr 3pin and one single ended headphone output
As i said..its not MY PSU..but similar and it will have same case...
Geez look at how packed it is internally. Looks very heavy
, I reckon our national electricity provider would pay you keep that amplifier turned off at the wall.. After all we are sitting at a comfortable national utilisation level of 95%.
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/30/13 at 2:32pm
U reckon? Shal i tell u a secret? I asked the builder to keep the on-off switch out! As i read his builts based on opamps sound on its best being always on... And thats what we all want right? Best sound possible for our budget...whether emotiva, lyr, little dot, darkvoice or blue circle audio or any other brand we use with our phones....we all want the same..
Does it come with a windmill and generator?
From the looks of it, you can ride it like a bull and it has a heated saddle. I supose it can easily drive an HE-6.
I'm pretty sure it can drive his Hummer....
I meant his CAR!
Are you implying that his amp is battery operated?
Along with a Vodka Lassi. A few of those and all headphones begin to sound the same.
But as i said before... The solely reason of existence of this amp is to drive a he6 the best way possible..in any way!..not just in the powerdepartment...
Its been designed and is being built solely for that... Critical Parts of it is taken directly 1on1 from their TOTL speaker amp, the NSL... The Main amplifier board is actually a NSL board!
Funny is that my amp is upgraded twice already since he started the built (didnt need to pay anything extra!). AS the power he wanted couldnt be reached by the original transformer and powersupply (it maxed out on 4,25w into 8ohm, he told me) so he came up with the monster of the pics i just posted..
the builder,gilbert, even stated to me in a mail that my particular amp is his personal petproject...no one of the production department touches it! So i am guessing he uses my amp to make it the best he can (i told him i am going to visit audio meetings with it through europe with my code-x and i gave him carte-blanche to do whatever he thinks is best) so maybe that helped to make him more inspirational? ) and experiment with new things..i dont mind..as i dont need to pay any extra when he comes across another upgrade to put in my amp of which he thinks makes the amp better..
No not battery operated... But he told me that its no problem to modify it to do so..i just have to sent the powersupply back...he did it many times now..i just need to pay and its done..but for now i dont see the profit from it...but u never know..as he even is working on possibilities to drive an amp on solar power and car batteries...he already made couple of amps being powered by some kind of cells instead of the wallsocket...
That guy is really a genius and completely nuts..he doesnt believe in standard....just my type of guy i could call my friend
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/31/13 at 3:02am
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 13 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 26 seconds ago
- › S/PDIF Advanced Properties Win 7 destroyed my Philips Home... 46 seconds ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 2 minutes ago
- › HD 598 Replacement 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 6 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 7 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)