Finally got back from a week long vacation away. Had to settle with KEF M500 on the trip. Finally put my HE-500 on, and the difference is strikingly clear. Glad to be back and listening to these.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 1/14/14 at 5:06pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones at HeadAmp - Available now (Audeze, Stax, HIFIMAN HE-400 in stock) Last post on 7/3/13 at 12:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 10/4/14 at 8:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. . - Page 687
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What kind of owner are you? not taking HE500 on vacation? bad bad man. I did manage to take Q701 on my last weekend get away to the beach house. My friends gave me funny look.
It's not the HE-500. It's the Emotiva. It's not the same without.
I hauled my HE500s and my AudioGD DAC/amp to my parents' house this holiday so I don't have to starve myself of my setup for 2 weeks; praise be the semi-portable form factor of the NFB-11.32!
Me, just happy to be driving them with the Lyr again after a three-week absence. Had a little battle with my new HD 650s this evening. Can't. Seem. To. Take. Off. HE-500s.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Just so much livelier, as nice as the HD 650s are.
Oh yeah, and I hear ya, jerg, about them bein' some fine drinkin' cans
Try the HE-500 in the cafeteria at High School.
...with your iPod hooked up with fancy Forza Audio Works cables for the HE-500 and the Theorem 720 DAC.
Sadly all the girls go for that guy with the Beats.
Where are you doing Running Start at? I live in Washington and am attending Clark College, ahaha.
Does anyone happen to have a copy of the Kavinsky album Outrun as a Vinyl Rip? :P Modulor just told me about this album and I've fallen in love with it.
Edited by Nimzerz - 12/29/13 at 8:38pm
I sold my watercooled gaming PC rig a while ago and the guy who bought it, brought his brother along to check it out. They were very interested in the PC until they saw my HE-500s on the stand with the Emotiva. "Jeez, check out this dude's gaming headphone!". They certainly weren't interested when they heard that it cost more than most gaming graphics cards and the amplifier you need to power it!
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening. .
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Three Word Story 18 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 28 seconds ago
- › [TOUR] Cayin N5 DAP (AK4490EQ, DSD, 2.5mm balanced headphone) 1 minute ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX80 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 5 minutes ago
- › Fatal flaw with Audeze EL-8 ??? 5 minutes ago
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2