- 2,640 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Washington
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 4/13/13 at 12:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 5/17/13 at 3:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 4/10/13 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:44pm in High-end Audio Forum
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) please post your impressions. . loan pair for UK pg. 28. - Page 238post #3556 of 50833/7/13 at 7:40pmunlike my audeze, my he500 never needed burnin. They sounded the same out of box as they did when they were older.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3557 of 50833/7/13 at 7:51pmQuote:
Same with mine ..... they were supposed to be new @ list price from Crutchfield, serial # 9### , but who knows if they were really virgin.post #3558 of 50833/7/13 at 7:54pm
Interesting.. I've noticed that the bass has tightened up, seemed a little HD650'ish at first (slow), mids have alway been brilliant and the highs are smoothing out. Maybe because I was mostly using an ill fitting set of velour pads. Have the pleathers back on now and am really liking it. YMMV.. just my experience.post #3559 of 50833/7/13 at 8:17pmpost #3560 of 50833/7/13 at 10:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyVee
Interesting.. I've noticed that the bass has tightened up, seemed a little HD650'ish at first (slow), mids have alway been brilliant and the highs are smoothing out. Maybe because I was mostly using an ill fitting set of velour pads. Have the pleathers back on now and am really liking it. YMMV.. just my experience.
My experience has been similar. I've got about 50-60 hours now and I've noticed the bass seems quicker and has a bit more impact than when I first took it out of the box. Mids and highs are silky smooth. I prefer the velour pads though, they just sound more natural to me. I found the pleathers sounded slightly hollow and artificial.post #3561 of 50833/7/13 at 10:57pm
mine changed after about 20 hours, out of the box the HE-500 is like a hybrid between DT880 (abit forward on the treble yet very smooth and never sounded thin) and HD650 (abit forward on the mids, and thick bass yet tighter and faster), after 20 hours the treble start to take forms, take a few step back but sounded realistic and still retaining that smoothness, the mids become lusher yet still forward though. After changing my setups the HE-500 is become a newly beast, most noticeable is it's techicality, seperation, depth, height and imaging improves.
This is my first encounter with an orthodynamic headphone and the experience is very intriguing, so is everybody i guess
Just my 2centpost #3562 of 50833/7/13 at 11:19pmI don't really know if mine changed - it was an open-box refurb. It could have gotten burned in, although I doubt it. Most likely, it was so poorly amped at first that small details in the change escaped me.post #3564 of 50833/8/13 at 4:21am
Worried I might have damaged my precious HE 500. For about 30 sec I accidentally played white noise at a very high volume. Where I had to take them off and disconnect from the Amplifier. Is there anyway of finding out if some damage has occurred to the headphones. Any advice is welcomed thanks. By the way these are the best headphones I have ever heard.post #3565 of 50833/8/13 at 4:23am
The only burn-in they needed is actually switching the muffled pleather to the velour.
Too bad I started the experiment with the Alpha pads after I sold the 500s... Considering the positive effect they have on both my 4s and 5LEs, I might have done a mistake selling them...
The 500s with Alpha pads and hard wired Norse cables might be an extremely yummy experience! In the future, maybe?post #3566 of 50833/8/13 at 5:00amQuote:Originally Posted by kasimoa
Worried I might have damaged my precious HE 500. For about 30 sec I accidentally played white noise at a very high volume. Where I had to take them off and disconnect from the Amplifier. Is there anyway of finding out if some damage has occurred to the headphones. Any advice is welcomed thanks. By the way these are the best headphones I have ever heard.
I doubt you have damaged them. They can handle several watts. The lcd2 can handle 15 watt rms.post #3567 of 50833/8/13 at 5:08amQuote:
Thanks for that its good to get some technical feedback. I have been listening to them for the past 30min and everything seems fine.post #3568 of 50833/8/13 at 6:10am
The difference between when I first opened the box and when I plugged them in and put electronic signals though them was literally night and day. Initially they were just a lump of metal, plastic, and wires, then when I hit "play" on the FOOBAR, they sounded like the best headphones I've ever owned.post #3569 of 50833/8/13 at 6:43ampost #3570 of 50833/8/13 at 6:47am
Has anyone here tried the HE500 with Graham Slee Solo Srg II?
Because my current desktop amp is GS Solo Srg II and i don't intend to invest in another amp
How srg ii +HD650 combo compare with srg ii + HE500?
Any input is appreciated!
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) please post your impressions. . loan pair for UK pg. 28.
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Full-sized headphone that does metal decently? 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) please post your impressions. .... 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › xonar essence stx along with headphones and speakers 3 minutes ago
- › Need help for my hd 598 headphones. 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe