Maybe start to check if you have your system plugged into grounded electricity if I write it correct in english. I had such problem because of that.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 4/13/13 at 12:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 5/17/13 at 3:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 4/10/13 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:44pm in High-end Audio Forum
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
These are my first pair of cans and straight out of the package they look pretty amazing. When I first put them on I thoroughly enjoyed what i heard. Works well for bluesy songs and there is an...
Overview: The Beats Pro is the Beats' top-of-the-line model, with a lofty price tag of $400. However, its price, along with Beats' reputation with being a hated-on brand, hides the fact that...
The full review can be seen http://www.head-fi.org/t/634760/resonessence-labs-concero-discussion-review-thead/630#post_9465130
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) please post your impressions. . loan pair for UK pg. 28. - Page 173
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2582 of 51241/16/13 at 3:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by Acapella11
Rezolver, are you still using the stock cables? Possibly, you could consider a breaded silver or gold dotted silver aftermarket cable as a substitute? I have no experience in this matter. Depending on cloth, I've also experienced some electrostatic effects leading to crackling noises.
I am using the stock cables that are simply covered in a stiff "hardened plastic" coating. I'll look for some sleeving to cover the cable with and see what it does.Quote:Originally Posted by WestLander
So are you using the velour or the pleather pads? If so, the velours might be part of the problem..I guess you could do a little experiment and pick up the headphones by the leather band (then alternate by picking them up by the cups), ground yourself by touching the case of your amp or dac, and then put them on your head and see if you still get a shock...
Velour pads are installed. Shocking occurs at random. When putting the headphones on I grip the plastic cups with all five fingers on each side. Once on, I need to be perfectly still and not make any sudden movements as a shock could occur at any minute. hahha
Maybe these need to be listened to while wearing a wetsuit with my feet placed in a pool of water :)Quote:
Everything is grounded and running via a battery backup unit as well.
I've decided to invest some cash in a humidifier.post #2583 of 51241/16/13 at 4:31pm
Huh, definitely sounds like it is the sheathing on the stock cable that is the culprit here..Maybe a humidifier, or an aftermarket cable will do the trick.
By the way, my brother went to U of C in the 90s, and after graduation he moved straight to Florida, swearing that he was done with winter!post #2584 of 51241/16/13 at 6:26pmpost #2585 of 51241/17/13 at 2:56ampost #2586 of 51241/17/13 at 3:04ampost #2587 of 51241/17/13 at 3:07am
All of pleather's bass weight, lower midrange density and lushness, intimacy and harmonics, lack of treble fatigue or over-aggressive upper midrange; yet none of pleather's resonance "cupped" issues due to underdamping.
All (well, 95%) of velour's airiness and openness, soundstage, treble detail and extension, and overall clean decay; none of its anemic top-heavy attributes or sibilance.
Yes, I can't believe this myself but this new pair of pads I just made is achieving that.
Man, this is better than stock pleathers, stock velours, stock old-style velours, J$ beyers.
Edited by jerg - 1/17/13 at 3:10ampost #2588 of 51241/17/13 at 3:14ampost #2589 of 51241/17/13 at 3:24amQuote:
I was in calgary in transit for a bit on two days a few years back... was around -30 during the day on both of them. That's my entire impression of the place.
and you better say some more about those pads, jerg... ;)post #2590 of 51241/17/13 at 3:40amQuote:
You better wake up soon.post #2591 of 51241/17/13 at 8:01am
Have to go to work in 5 mins but will give you guys a hint: all you need is a pair of stock pleather pads, a pair of sharp crafting scissors, and some strong (e.g. duct) tape. It's a fairly simple but IMO very effective way to increase chamber damping with the stock pleathers.post #2592 of 51241/17/13 at 8:05amQuote:
You transplanted the velour's dust protection on the pleather pads?post #2593 of 51241/17/13 at 8:08amQuote:
Lol no, it's nothing like that.
Let's just say the J$ Beyers gave me the idea.
Relevant photo I took some time ago:
(note the underside of the J$ pads)
Anyway g2g work, see if you guys will pick up on exactly what I did Man, these sound sooo good right now.post #2594 of 51241/17/13 at 8:49am
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) please post your impressions. . loan pair for UK pg. 28.
- Grado Modification Overview
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 18 seconds ago
- › Audio Setup Questions 2 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › Which IEM should I buy next among these...?... 6 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 6 minutes ago
- › Firestone Audio Little Country III, < 500 hrs 8 minutes ago
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 9 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe