Easy, just transplant the Hifiman mounting ring over from any stock pleather/velour pads over to the J$ pads, fits like a glove. Remember, J$ beyer pads are a bit larger in diametre than stock Beyer earpads, and are instead almost exactly the size of Hifiman earpads.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 4/13/13 at 12:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 5/17/13 at 3:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 4/10/13 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:44pm in High-end Audio Forum
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) please post your impressions. . loan pair for UK pg. 28. - Page 169post #2521 of 50851/9/13 at 11:57am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2522 of 50851/9/13 at 11:58amQuote:
I don't understand, is it the same mounting mechanismpost #2523 of 50851/9/13 at 12:22pm
If you take a look at your hifiman earpad, it is two pieces: the earpad itself, plus a plastic ring with four tabs that is wedged into the back of the earpad. Those two parts are separate and you can take the plastic mounting ring out with ease. That mounting ring can be wedged into any other similarly sized earpads with backflaps, basically.post #2524 of 50851/9/13 at 12:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by jerg
First impression of the J$+HE500: It sounds like a marriage between the stock (airy treble, microdetails) velours and (robust lush lower end, black background) pleathers. But more importantly, hallelujah it's comfortable.
It sounds a bit sibilant similar the HFM velours though, possibly because it doesn't have any nylon screen in the middle at all to mediate the treble.
Is the soundstage affected at all?, as they look a little deeperpost #2525 of 50851/9/13 at 1:17pmQuote:
Very much. It sounds like the soundstage of the velours, maybe a bit more even, but at the same time the black background that is absent with the velours is still present with these. Really digging these.post #2526 of 50851/9/13 at 1:23pmpost #2527 of 50851/9/13 at 4:11pmpost #2529 of 50851/9/13 at 5:19pmpost #2530 of 50851/9/13 at 7:42pmpost #2531 of 50851/9/13 at 7:47pmQuote:post #2532 of 50851/9/13 at 11:49pmpost #2533 of 50851/9/13 at 11:52pmQuote:
Quick, PM Hifiman customer service, tell them to jack the price of the HE500 up to $1000 so we can move the thread back to capitalism-fi subforum instead of here!post #2534 of 50851/10/13 at 12:06amQuote:
haha, it looks like the similar LCD2 thread has been moved aswell... Oh well, back to mid-fi it is. Suppose I can stop putting that stupid posh voice on now.post #2535 of 50851/10/13 at 1:47amQuote:
I'd have thought the cost of the HE-500 + j$ pads should easily get this thread into the high-end forum.
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) please post your impressions. . loan pair for UK pg. 28.
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › The Stax thread (New) 2 minutes ago
- › Koss ESP/950: At wits end 2 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 4 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 5 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 6 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 6 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe