Just recently received my HE-500's, and I have to say, it's really hard for me to not be impressed by these headphones.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on Today at 3:57 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. - Page 594post #8896 of 981910/27/13 at 3:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8897 of 981910/27/13 at 5:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by jerg
Check out the measurements in the first post of my thread. Myself (and Modulor) really pushed for it because it would provide unbiased objective evidence that there is significant change (for better or for worse, you can see for yourself) with the pad modifications.
where can I get that pad from ?post #8898 of 981910/27/13 at 5:08pmpost #8899 of 981910/28/13 at 12:53ampost #8900 of 981910/28/13 at 2:56ampost #8901 of 981910/28/13 at 6:49pmpost #8902 of 981910/28/13 at 6:53pmQuote:
They didn't charge you anything extra for the mishap did they?post #8903 of 981910/28/13 at 7:00pmQuote:
Yeah. The weight and headband are my only complaints with the cans. I would recommend you head over to amazon and search "Headphone Headband Cushion," the first one that pops up is the one I use. Other people use it as well.
Seeing as I have had my pair for a good six months, I should probably contribute to this thread. I have been driving them with my new CEntrance Hifi-M8. Super nice pairing, in my opinion. Zero qualms. Except the damn headband. The things just are not comfortable. I tried a pair of AKG K240s the other day and was dumbfounded by how comfortable they were. AKG have a magic headband mechanism goin' on there. HiFiMAN, please take note!post #8904 of 981910/28/13 at 10:34pm
I just received an email back from Emotiva with a quote to ship the A100 over here to the UK, they said :Quote:Below is a quote for the products you are interested in:
Freight $88.34 FedEx International Economy
*You are responsible for your own duties and customs fees.
Forms of payment:
We offer two payment options: PayPal or bank wire transfer.
I've never bought from the US before, so how does the duties/customs work exactly? How do I pay, and will it delay delivery?
Thanks.post #8905 of 981910/28/13 at 11:40pmQuote:
You usually pay on arrival in UK, as in at the door of your place. There are import tax calculators for the UK and govt. website for more info.
Head-fiers in the US are so lucky they can get it locally at the original discounted price. It would be my first choice speaker taps amp...but not so due to shipping costs and tax on top.
Edited by MunkyNutz - 10/29/13 at 12:38ampost #8906 of 981910/29/13 at 2:28am
Price in USA for HE500 + Emotiva amp + delivery = $900 (£560)
Price in the UK for HE500 (no amp) = £700
HE500 + Emotiva imported to UK from USA in delivery and tax converted to UKP = £800
Massive price difference.post #8907 of 981910/29/13 at 2:50ampost #8908 of 981910/29/13 at 3:16ampost #8909 of 981910/29/13 at 3:34amQuote:+1 i agree with that..
in the netherlands its even worse then that! And honestly..i dont understand it...why is it that when a US citizen buys/imports something from europe they only start to pay taxes and custom charges above 2000usd (if i am not mistaken) and us in the netherlands (or probably any other euro country) pay custom fees/taxes for products above 50euros!!!
Why is it not the same? Never understood that... Its ****ed up.. Ur almost forced to buy ur stuff in europe or else pay premium prices!
Buying a hifiman in states is not sensible..because of the longer delivertime and extra costs..as for most of the other budget audio stuff...if u can get it in europe..do it..its more affordable most of the times..and less risk of losing stuff!!! That happened to me two times already..
Saying that..So if someone in europe wants to buy a he500... I know one..hehehehepost #8910 of 981910/29/13 at 3:35am
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Audio-GD Master 9 16 seconds ago
- › G930 gaming headset. 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › The ATH-CKS77..Big, roomy, detailed, balanced, n I am not just... 9 minutes ago
- › Good over the ears for folk to rap and from post hardcore to... 10 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 10 minutes ago
- › [Preview] FiiO E18 Kunlun – Surprise, Surprise. 10 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 10 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe