I'm closing in on this thread again! Been away for a week comes back and.. 30 pages to read and more coming!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. - Page 547post #8191 of 129599/26/13 at 3:21am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8192 of 129599/26/13 at 9:09ampost #8193 of 129599/26/13 at 9:16ampost #8194 of 129599/26/13 at 9:16amQuote:
Classical is lovely with velour pads / J$ beyer pads / jergpads. Vocals / rock I prefer more with pleathers / jergpads (the lower mids just sound too thin for my tastes with velour pads especially, and J$s are kinda in-between).post #8195 of 129599/26/13 at 9:22amQuote:
Thanks. I've been considering the T90 for classical. Wonder how they would compare to the 500 avec les pads de jerg :)post #8196 of 129599/26/13 at 9:27ampost #8197 of 129599/26/13 at 9:28amQuote:
strongest and best with electronic.
so trance, dubstep, drum and bass, techno, house, electro, dance, hardcore, hardstyle, trap, ambient, chillout, psy, etc.....post #8198 of 129599/26/13 at 9:45amQuote:
You're gonna end up keeping it aren't youpost #8199 of 129599/26/13 at 9:46amQuote:
+1...word to the mothershippost #8200 of 129599/26/13 at 9:46am
I like classical music with the HE-500. While it does have some sound stage deficiencies, it never the less remains a great headphone for classical due to the excellent mid range clarity and body it gives to instruments. Pair it with a powerful headphone amp and hear those dynamics come alive!
Btw, was listening to Bach Toccata and Fugue on the Chesky Binaural album the other evening. There's something to be said for a headphone that feels like it can recreate those low organ notes adequately with some scale to do it justice. I got goosebumps listening to the music!
Edited by daerron - 9/26/13 at 9:50ampost #8201 of 129599/26/13 at 9:48amQuote:Originally Posted by daerron
I like classical music with the HE-500. While it does have some sound stage deficiencies, it never the less remains a great headphone for classical due to the excellent mid range clarity and body it gives to instruments. Pair it with a powerful headphone amp and watch those dynamics come alive!
Solid agreement. The sound of HE-500 at that price is untouchable, even for classical. The positioning of that sound however...that's another story. Although you still get decent width wiggle room.post #8202 of 129599/26/13 at 9:58ampost #8203 of 129599/26/13 at 10:15ampost #8204 of 129599/26/13 at 10:59amQuote:
SR-007, I haven't had the chance to try but SR-009 driven by a BH, I did listen quite a bit at the recent CA meet. IMO, HE500 has no chance in this fight but it's not a fair comparison in this case, of course. I still drool every time I remember the sound of that wicked combo.post #8205 of 129599/26/13 at 11:04amQuote:I dont think thats a fair comparision... A better comparision would be between he6 and sr007..dont u think so?
Oh wait... If i am not mistaken i saw a sr007 on sale inthe classifieds not so long ago....ru interested to buy it? Mmmmmm
Edited by hifimanrookie - 9/26/13 at 11:12am
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 3 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 6 minutes ago
- › WTS Ipod 5.5g 240gb rockboxed+Neco Soundlab V3 DUAL AMP (op amp... 7 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 8 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 11 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude