No you're not. You're a troll. You feed off peoples sadness that you imagine to cause. Good luck with that.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 12/12/13 at 3:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. - Page 390post #5836 of 99047/1/13 at 11:34am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5837 of 99047/1/13 at 12:20pmpost #5838 of 99047/1/13 at 1:02pm
I found O2 and Emotiva quite similar when I first got them. It was over the months that the difference kept getting larger and larger. I'd say a month is required at a minimum to just kind of get a hang of it. Somedays, the difference will seem big, somedays non-existant, other days, you might even like one over the other. Over time, you'll get to a consistent baseline and then I am quite certain that people should notice a distinct and significant difference between the two.post #5839 of 99047/1/13 at 1:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by M-13
To be perfectly honest Limniscate I'm kind of worried you don't hear much of a difference between the O2 and the Emotiva. When a lot others hear a huge difference. People who have owned the Lyr/Mjo/Solost/Bryston BHA-1 and have compared the Emotiva to these expensive amps meant to power planars. Have you been A/B ing back and forth using lossless music? What are you using to play it? Foobar? Wasapi? Asio? What kind of music do you listen to?
I am just hoping that I will hear the difference between the E09K and the Emotiva :) Otherwise, it's time for me stop and get out this hobby cuz obviously I've hit what you pros call it? "end game"? and of course, save myself lots of money.post #5840 of 99047/1/13 at 1:06pmQuote:
Probably a good amp for HE-6, but seems way too powerful for HE-500 if you ask me.post #5841 of 99047/1/13 at 1:08pmQuote:
The bass should at least have more energy and extension behind it. Cleaner/tighter more definition are of course other attributes to look for, at least for me. Just louder/stronger bass is not the answer and why I am testing out the Mini-X.post #5843 of 99047/1/13 at 1:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by M-13
Yeah the E09K is surprising nice. It's a nice improvement from the old E09. I think Jason at Schiit said it best when he said if you build a amp with op-amps and run them within spec you get a very clean sound and crazy awesome distortion numbers (not to mention absolute black silent background). The Emotiva is an all discrete design, like the Magni/Asgard/Lyr/Soloist., etc... I think the magic of the discrete design is that the music sounds more analog and less digital, although it's dirtier/grainier. Over time I've come to appreciate discrete designs and prefer them and now totally understand what Jason was talking about.
Like Zoom says. Give it some time when you get the Emotiva. I would say, focus when the music gets complex and multiple things are happening at the same time at all frequency extremes. This is when your HE-500 will use the extra juice(current) and the Emotiva will show you that tight/nimble control of the drivers. It won't lose any dynamic range at the bass or treble and reproduce everything smoothly the edges of attack won't be blunted at all.
Plus I felt like there was a small period of burn-in for the Emotiva. Maybe 24~48 hours, after which point it sounded stable/best. Not that it sounded terrible out of the box or anything.
This is your best post so far about the Emotiva. especially when you said the Emotiva would be a little dirtier/grainier (not for bass though) and more analog sounding. This is right up my favorite ally when it comes to sound signature
Edited by koiloco - 7/1/13 at 1:34pmpost #5845 of 99047/1/13 at 1:50pmQuote:
But both amps are exactly the same with no sonic differences... the only difference is the lack of the 3.5mm post and the change in the dock for e17 etc... nothing more...post #5847 of 99047/1/13 at 1:54pmpost #5848 of 99047/1/13 at 1:54pmpost #5850 of 99047/1/13 at 2:00pm
YUP you do... just pointing out that there isn't supposed to be a difference as far as fiio say and others too... what you experience is a called a placebo
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Sennheiesr HD 650 Vs Hifiman He-400 9 seconds ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 1 minute ago
- › Modification for Beyerdynamics DT990's 1 minute ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 2 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 2 minutes ago
- › Help with Upgrading from Hifimediy Sabre DAC 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe