- 372 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: S.fl
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 5/17/13 at 3:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. - Page 383post #5731 of 97456/27/13 at 10:18amI find the lyr sounds incredible with the he500 plenty of bass with right tubes lots of power very happy
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5733 of 97456/27/13 at 2:32pmpost #5735 of 97456/27/13 at 3:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by M-13
Nah, the Lyr is a weakling you need MOAAR power.
Okay, maybe that's a little bit mean. (I'm half joking) The Lyr is in fact very Awesome, but it's so 2011. The Emotiva is the new FOTM and it's less than half the price of the Lyr, so even if it was only half as good, it's still a good bargain.
But yeah the Lyr is nice. Enjoy it my friend.
What calendar are you using??? That must be one big ass month . The Emotiva has been going on since last Christmas.
LOL I wonder how many customers Emotiva got because of that thread. Give it a month or two and you'll see Emotiva being a head-fi sponsor.post #5736 of 97456/27/13 at 4:06pmQuote:
I think it's been going since last July. That's when I purchased the first one.post #5737 of 97456/27/13 at 4:57pmThe Emotiva is $189 right now. The discount has me thinking about trying it. What is the cheapest way to get my HE-500 hooked up? Thanks
PS I hate when people ask simple questions that could easily be found with a search. It's been a long day with a death in the family and I don't have time to read this and the other thread.post #5738 of 97456/27/13 at 6:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Radioking59
The Emotiva is $189 right now. The discount has me thinking about trying it. What is the cheapest way to get my HE-500 hooked up? Thanks
PS I hate when people ask simple questions that could easily be found with a search. It's been a long day with a death in the family and I don't have time to read this and the other thread.
Cheapest way? HE500 -> TRS to 4 banana adapter (shared ground is fine with the Mini-X).
This is what I intend to try out too, but not with the mini-X. I still have quite a few speaker amps and receivers to play around with. Though, at $189, the mini-X is indeed cheap.post #5740 of 97456/27/13 at 9:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by M-13
Well here on Head-Fi. FOTM can last a couple of years like the LCD-2. LOL
I believe when someone inquired Emotiva about using the mini-X to drive their HE-6, the e-mail response was that they would recommend the Schiit Lyr. (Someone from Emotiva really needs to start thinking outside the box; how hard could it be to add a headphone out?)
When I first emailed them their response was something along the lines of "if you really need a lot of power for headphones, you should try schiit audio". I was like, you have no idea the kinds of headphones we're dealing with.post #5741 of 97456/27/13 at 9:33pm
just following the title:
extremely dynamic bass push force, air dynamic presence--to the point it's too much for the eardrum
too heavy for long term sessions.
perceivably high detail and speed, but makes me wonder why I paid 700 for it--oh yeah, I probably need some 2k amp to feel justified, but wait, I don't have that kind of budget, nor will I buy into it until I try one
well, I don'tlive in a big city, so no meet ups, no audio stores with headphile gears.post #5742 of 97456/27/13 at 11:58pmQuote:
absolutely not. you bought an headphone with high Q/P relationship, now do the same with the amplifier, right???post #5743 of 97456/28/13 at 12:05am
a little O.T.: i bought new on ebay one sherbourn(same thing of emotiva) sr-120
an incredible ht amplifier. the original price was 3.000 dollars and i bought new for 799+shipping.
now the builder sell 4 for 450 dollars, new!!!
sorry for the OTpost #5744 of 97456/28/13 at 12:13amQuote:
i used lyr. I just don't l.ike hed500, sorry fang bianpost #5745 of 97456/28/13 at 1:07am
i understood the opposite.
but remembre that is not a question of price but the he-500 need a good match
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Comparisons: B&W P7, PSB M4U2, Momentum, MDR-1R, QC15, DT1350,... 32 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › HOW TO REPAIR YOUR DENON D-2000, D-5000, and D-7000 HEADPHONES - If... 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. 3 minutes ago
- › Sony Z1060 32GB (UK seller) 3 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi