I need more width than height
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on Today at 3:57 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. - Page 279post #4171 of 98194/8/13 at 1:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4172 of 98194/8/13 at 2:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Sanlitun
I am running my HE-500's with an Asgard 2 and I am not really feeling it. It sounds good, but I don't feel it allows the HE-500's to use their full potential.
I am considering replacing the A2 and recently I have heard the HE-500's through the Burson Conductor, the Teac HA501/UD501 and the Schiit Lyr with stock tubes.
There were two surprises with this, the first was that I didn't think the Conductor was fundamentally better than the A2 with the HE-500s (Gasp!). The second surprise was that I thought the Lyr sounded best by some margin out of all of the equipment I had heard with these phones so far. The Lyr seemed to be able to bring soundstage, high end and treble to the HE-500's. I am sure there are other Amps that sound great as well but I have not been able to audition them. As well I should mention the A2 sounds great with my HD650s, but I just don't think it has the juice for the HE-500s.
Anyways if I could redo it I would have ordered the Lyr.
yeah i was not a big fan of the asgard 1 with the he-500, it's a little flat sounding to my ears. I even prefered my little dot MKII over the asgard even though it was sacrificing a little bit of clarity for dynamics and warmth(probably a little too much warmth but it has nice character). The lyr is a reasonable amp for its price point. It definitely meets the needs of the HE-500, I would still rather go with the bottlehead s.e.x. over the lyr tho. I just find the lyr to be... idk. It's fine I just dont prefer its qualities I guess. I can't say that I feel it's not worth the money. It's a reasonable competitor. Maybe I'm a bigger fan of their DAC gear for the price compared to their amps. Or their DAC gear intrigues me more compared to their amplifier design, which seems to come from a different approach.post #4173 of 98194/8/13 at 3:04pmpost #4174 of 98194/8/13 at 4:04pmpost #4175 of 98194/8/13 at 4:07pmpost #4176 of 98194/8/13 at 4:13pmpost #4177 of 98194/8/13 at 5:20pm
Most of the time, I'll take a 3D soundstage over a long and wide 2D stage. Although at times, I'll admit it's nice to have a wide soundstagepost #4178 of 98194/8/13 at 7:19pm
The mids on these are phenominal.
When I purchased these I got home and opened them, removed them from the carry case, and then plugged them in and my amp had a hard time running them, I had the gain on and switched it to about 2 o'clock, I thought fuk me that's odd, I have a pretty powerful amp and they are still struggling. I then had a closer look at the headphones and noticed that they had given me the HE-6 by mistake.....in my excitement to get these on to have a listen I didn't even realise my self........anyway long story short, I could have sold them and basically got a free pair of HE-500s but been the nice guy that I am I returned them and happilly swapped them over.post #4179 of 98194/8/13 at 7:23pmpost #4180 of 98194/8/13 at 7:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Flognuts
The mids on these are phenominal.
When I purchased these I got home and opened them, removed them from the carry case, and then plugged them in and my amp had a hard time running them, I had the gain on and switched it to about 2 o'clock, I thought fuk me that's odd, I have a pretty powerful amp and they are still struggling. I then had a closer look at the headphones and noticed that they had given me the HE-6 by mistake.....in my excitement to get these on to have a listen I didn't even realise my self........anyway long story short, I could have sold them and basically got a free pair of HE-500s but been the nice guy that I am I returned them and happilly swapped them over.
you're the 2nd person that's happened to i believe.
+1post #4181 of 98194/8/13 at 7:51pmpost #4182 of 98194/9/13 at 3:41amQuote:
I owned to combo and it sounded good in balanced. Then I got an ODAC/O2 combo for the office, I sold to NFB-10SE shortly after that.post #4183 of 98194/9/13 at 4:27amQuote:
So you prefer the O2/ODAC? I have an O2 which I'm selling because I was told it wouldn't drive the HE500's properly.
Oh well, I bought the NFB-10SE today. Found one second hand for a good price.post #4184 of 98194/9/13 at 5:18amQuote:
The one who says the O2 can't drive the HE500 state it as a matter of fact instead of saying that they don't like how it sounds. The ODAC/O2 drives HE500 really nicely and give them a great sound in my honest opinion. I don't want to start a debate, but I also want people who reads this thread that there are people (like me) out there who really enjoys the ODAC/O2 and the HE500 together :)
NFB-10SE is good though, you can see what you prefer, more options are always fun! Just remember to try it in balanced mode, it sounds better than the SE output :)post #4185 of 98194/9/13 at 5:28amQuote:
It won't, but why not try it first before you sell it? You can always sell it afterwards if you realize it's not enough. Just don't mis-judge the headphones before trying with a better amp. I mean, you already have the O2 - and the fact that it doesn't drive the HE-500 is, in fact, my opinion (although others are of the same opinion).
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 32 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 1 minute ago
- › Beats Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 3 minutes ago
- › Looking For Heaphones around $200 That Offer Very Clear Sound with... 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Numbers,.... Male vs Female HeadFiers? 4 minutes ago
- › PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe