Maybe start to check if you have your system plugged into grounded electricity if I write it correct in english. I had such problem because of that.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. - Page 173
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2582 of 129741/16/13 at 3:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by Acapella11
Rezolver, are you still using the stock cables? Possibly, you could consider a breaded silver or gold dotted silver aftermarket cable as a substitute? I have no experience in this matter. Depending on cloth, I've also experienced some electrostatic effects leading to crackling noises.
I am using the stock cables that are simply covered in a stiff "hardened plastic" coating. I'll look for some sleeving to cover the cable with and see what it does.Quote:Originally Posted by WestLander
So are you using the velour or the pleather pads? If so, the velours might be part of the problem..I guess you could do a little experiment and pick up the headphones by the leather band (then alternate by picking them up by the cups), ground yourself by touching the case of your amp or dac, and then put them on your head and see if you still get a shock...
Velour pads are installed. Shocking occurs at random. When putting the headphones on I grip the plastic cups with all five fingers on each side. Once on, I need to be perfectly still and not make any sudden movements as a shock could occur at any minute. hahha
Maybe these need to be listened to while wearing a wetsuit with my feet placed in a pool of water :)Quote:
Everything is grounded and running via a battery backup unit as well.
I've decided to invest some cash in a humidifier.post #2583 of 129741/16/13 at 4:31pm
Huh, definitely sounds like it is the sheathing on the stock cable that is the culprit here..Maybe a humidifier, or an aftermarket cable will do the trick.
By the way, my brother went to U of C in the 90s, and after graduation he moved straight to Florida, swearing that he was done with winter!post #2584 of 129741/16/13 at 6:26pmpost #2585 of 129741/17/13 at 2:56ampost #2586 of 129741/17/13 at 3:04ampost #2587 of 129741/17/13 at 3:07am
All of pleather's bass weight, lower midrange density and lushness, intimacy and harmonics, lack of treble fatigue or over-aggressive upper midrange; yet none of pleather's resonance "cupped" issues due to underdamping.
All (well, 95%) of velour's airiness and openness, soundstage, treble detail and extension, and overall clean decay; none of its anemic top-heavy attributes or sibilance.
Yes, I can't believe this myself but this new pair of pads I just made is achieving that.
Man, this is better than stock pleathers, stock velours, stock old-style velours, J$ beyers.
Edited by jerg - 1/17/13 at 3:10ampost #2588 of 129741/17/13 at 3:14ampost #2589 of 129741/17/13 at 3:24amQuote:
I was in calgary in transit for a bit on two days a few years back... was around -30 during the day on both of them. That's my entire impression of the place.
and you better say some more about those pads, jerg... ;)post #2590 of 129741/17/13 at 3:40amQuote:
You better wake up soon.post #2591 of 129741/17/13 at 8:01am
Have to go to work in 5 mins but will give you guys a hint: all you need is a pair of stock pleather pads, a pair of sharp crafting scissors, and some strong (e.g. duct) tape. It's a fairly simple but IMO very effective way to increase chamber damping with the stock pleathers.post #2592 of 129741/17/13 at 8:05amQuote:
You transplanted the velour's dust protection on the pleather pads?post #2593 of 129741/17/13 at 8:08amQuote:
Lol no, it's nothing like that.
Let's just say the J$ Beyers gave me the idea.
Relevant photo I took some time ago:
(note the underside of the J$ pads)
Anyway g2g work, see if you guys will pick up on exactly what I did Man, these sound sooo good right now.post #2594 of 129741/17/13 at 8:49am
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Band Name Game II 15 seconds ago
- › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More 32 seconds ago
- › Jazz Recommendations from this Century 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X1 - Like New 1 minute ago
- › Production of HE-400 stopped? Is there gonna be a successor? 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › best under $200 over-ear headphones for my needs 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude