Maybe start to check if you have your system plugged into grounded electricity if I write it correct in english. I had such problem because of that.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on Yesterday at 3:57 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I picked these up just because at that time these would be my first set of over ear headphones. I also liked them for their looks. Honestly I wish I hadn't bought them. Lets see...
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. - Page 173
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2582 of 98191/16/13 at 3:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by Acapella11
Rezolver, are you still using the stock cables? Possibly, you could consider a breaded silver or gold dotted silver aftermarket cable as a substitute? I have no experience in this matter. Depending on cloth, I've also experienced some electrostatic effects leading to crackling noises.
I am using the stock cables that are simply covered in a stiff "hardened plastic" coating. I'll look for some sleeving to cover the cable with and see what it does.Quote:Originally Posted by WestLander
So are you using the velour or the pleather pads? If so, the velours might be part of the problem..I guess you could do a little experiment and pick up the headphones by the leather band (then alternate by picking them up by the cups), ground yourself by touching the case of your amp or dac, and then put them on your head and see if you still get a shock...
Velour pads are installed. Shocking occurs at random. When putting the headphones on I grip the plastic cups with all five fingers on each side. Once on, I need to be perfectly still and not make any sudden movements as a shock could occur at any minute. hahha
Maybe these need to be listened to while wearing a wetsuit with my feet placed in a pool of water :)Quote:
Everything is grounded and running via a battery backup unit as well.
I've decided to invest some cash in a humidifier.post #2583 of 98191/16/13 at 4:31pm
Huh, definitely sounds like it is the sheathing on the stock cable that is the culprit here..Maybe a humidifier, or an aftermarket cable will do the trick.
By the way, my brother went to U of C in the 90s, and after graduation he moved straight to Florida, swearing that he was done with winter!post #2584 of 98191/16/13 at 6:26pmpost #2585 of 98191/17/13 at 2:56ampost #2586 of 98191/17/13 at 3:04ampost #2587 of 98191/17/13 at 3:07am
All of pleather's bass weight, lower midrange density and lushness, intimacy and harmonics, lack of treble fatigue or over-aggressive upper midrange; yet none of pleather's resonance "cupped" issues due to underdamping.
All (well, 95%) of velour's airiness and openness, soundstage, treble detail and extension, and overall clean decay; none of its anemic top-heavy attributes or sibilance.
Yes, I can't believe this myself but this new pair of pads I just made is achieving that.
Man, this is better than stock pleathers, stock velours, stock old-style velours, J$ beyers.
Edited by jerg - 1/17/13 at 3:10ampost #2588 of 98191/17/13 at 3:14ampost #2589 of 98191/17/13 at 3:24amQuote:
I was in calgary in transit for a bit on two days a few years back... was around -30 during the day on both of them. That's my entire impression of the place.
and you better say some more about those pads, jerg... ;)post #2590 of 98191/17/13 at 3:40amQuote:
You better wake up soon.post #2591 of 98191/17/13 at 8:01am
Have to go to work in 5 mins but will give you guys a hint: all you need is a pair of stock pleather pads, a pair of sharp crafting scissors, and some strong (e.g. duct) tape. It's a fairly simple but IMO very effective way to increase chamber damping with the stock pleathers.post #2592 of 98191/17/13 at 8:05amQuote:
You transplanted the velour's dust protection on the pleather pads?post #2593 of 98191/17/13 at 8:08amQuote:
Lol no, it's nothing like that.
Let's just say the J$ Beyers gave me the idea.
Relevant photo I took some time ago:
(note the underside of the J$ pads)
Anyway g2g work, see if you guys will pick up on exactly what I did Man, these sound sooo good right now.post #2594 of 98191/17/13 at 8:49am
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 5 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 6 minutes ago
- › Westone ES5 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 6 minutes ago
- › Music > Gaming > Movie All-round Cans 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 6 minutes ago
- › Story of a New Reviewer: kimvictor 7 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy Hesh Over-Ear Headphone S6HEDZ-118 (Black/Grey) by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe