Maybe start to check if you have your system plugged into grounded electricity if I write it correct in english. I had such problem because of that.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. - Page 173
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2582 of 129911/16/13 at 3:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by Acapella11
Rezolver, are you still using the stock cables? Possibly, you could consider a breaded silver or gold dotted silver aftermarket cable as a substitute? I have no experience in this matter. Depending on cloth, I've also experienced some electrostatic effects leading to crackling noises.
I am using the stock cables that are simply covered in a stiff "hardened plastic" coating. I'll look for some sleeving to cover the cable with and see what it does.Quote:Originally Posted by WestLander
So are you using the velour or the pleather pads? If so, the velours might be part of the problem..I guess you could do a little experiment and pick up the headphones by the leather band (then alternate by picking them up by the cups), ground yourself by touching the case of your amp or dac, and then put them on your head and see if you still get a shock...
Velour pads are installed. Shocking occurs at random. When putting the headphones on I grip the plastic cups with all five fingers on each side. Once on, I need to be perfectly still and not make any sudden movements as a shock could occur at any minute. hahha
Maybe these need to be listened to while wearing a wetsuit with my feet placed in a pool of water :)Quote:
Everything is grounded and running via a battery backup unit as well.
I've decided to invest some cash in a humidifier.post #2583 of 129911/16/13 at 4:31pm
Huh, definitely sounds like it is the sheathing on the stock cable that is the culprit here..Maybe a humidifier, or an aftermarket cable will do the trick.
By the way, my brother went to U of C in the 90s, and after graduation he moved straight to Florida, swearing that he was done with winter!post #2584 of 129911/16/13 at 6:26pmpost #2585 of 129911/17/13 at 2:56ampost #2586 of 129911/17/13 at 3:04ampost #2587 of 129911/17/13 at 3:07am
All of pleather's bass weight, lower midrange density and lushness, intimacy and harmonics, lack of treble fatigue or over-aggressive upper midrange; yet none of pleather's resonance "cupped" issues due to underdamping.
All (well, 95%) of velour's airiness and openness, soundstage, treble detail and extension, and overall clean decay; none of its anemic top-heavy attributes or sibilance.
Yes, I can't believe this myself but this new pair of pads I just made is achieving that.
Man, this is better than stock pleathers, stock velours, stock old-style velours, J$ beyers.
Edited by jerg - 1/17/13 at 3:10ampost #2588 of 129911/17/13 at 3:14ampost #2589 of 129911/17/13 at 3:24amQuote:
I was in calgary in transit for a bit on two days a few years back... was around -30 during the day on both of them. That's my entire impression of the place.
and you better say some more about those pads, jerg... ;)post #2590 of 129911/17/13 at 3:40amQuote:
You better wake up soon.post #2591 of 129911/17/13 at 8:01am
Have to go to work in 5 mins but will give you guys a hint: all you need is a pair of stock pleather pads, a pair of sharp crafting scissors, and some strong (e.g. duct) tape. It's a fairly simple but IMO very effective way to increase chamber damping with the stock pleathers.post #2592 of 129911/17/13 at 8:05amQuote:
You transplanted the velour's dust protection on the pleather pads?post #2593 of 129911/17/13 at 8:08amQuote:
Lol no, it's nothing like that.
Let's just say the J$ Beyers gave me the idea.
Relevant photo I took some time ago:
(note the underside of the J$ pads)
Anyway g2g work, see if you guys will pick up on exactly what I did Man, these sound sooo good right now.post #2594 of 129911/17/13 at 8:49am
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Q701 appreciation thread 43 seconds ago
- › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like... 59 seconds ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 1 minute ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 2 minutes ago
- › would the hd595 be a good purchase for $150? 2 minutes ago
- › losslessjazz.net - is this a legal site? 3 minutes ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 3 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 8 3 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude