Has anybody tried the HE-500 with the Valhalla amp?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze vs. Hifiman Orthos with respect to lisening taste Last post on 4/16/13 at 2:58pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Which one? Sennheiser HD 598's or Grado sr225i's? Last post on 10/20/13 at 6:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for replacing Beyer T1 Last post on 9/19/13 at 1:02am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. - Page 866post #12976 of 129853/10/14 at 12:38am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12977 of 129853/10/14 at 4:16ampost #12978 of 129853/10/14 at 9:02am
I think Schiit says on their site re: the Valhalla that if one is looking to use planars, one should consider the Lyr instead.post #12979 of 129853/10/14 at 11:33ampost #12980 of 129853/10/14 at 11:35amQuote:
You won't regret it. I drive my HE-500s, Q701s and SR-225s (all modded to one degree or another) with it, all beautifully. Good tubes help, of coursepost #12981 of 129853/10/14 at 12:35pmpost #12982 of 129853/10/14 at 6:20pm
Holy cow, I land in the hospital and miss the arrival of hifi's Blue Circle. Been incarcerated since Friday on an IV.
I should be going home tomorrow and expect to hear many tales about Blue Circles and a happy HiFi.post #12983 of 129853/10/14 at 6:29pmGet well soon, hope they kick you out of there today! No blue circle here but I ordered a diy F5 clone and am on the hunt for a transparent dac and passive preamp. Enjoying Japan and all those Japanese high end brands are a crapaton cheaper here, pity they're not on 220V as in Europe.post #12984 of 129853/10/14 at 6:34pmQuote:Allthough i have been quiet lately here since the arrival,i still wanted to wish u well my friend!
..is everything okay now?..hope u get out tomorrow and healthy.
About my blue circle.. Well Lets say i saw the light audio wise...and my living room smells after stinky feet because of the amount of syllicone gilbert used on and in my rig but according to other bc owners that smell fades away in 2 weeks or so..(check the pics and u will see what i mean). I wont say anything else as i will be opening up a dedicated thread bout my rig this weekend..so everyone interested can ask what they want.. And hear about my first impressions now it has around 120hours on it... Still long way to go until burned in...at least full 1 month i understand..
So buddy..get well soon..and stop chasing all those sexy nurses..
And now i go back into the obscurity of LaLa land
Edited by hifimanrookie - Today at 1:24 ampost #12985 of 129853/10/14 at 10:07pmQuote:
Don't go phantom on us. Hope you'll get well soon. This thread is boring without you and hifimanrookie around.
- HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 7 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 20 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 6 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for over ear headphones under $300 6 minutes ago
- › Why do no audiophiles listen to electronic music? 6 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude