If it is driver flex, you should only have to pull the IEM out just a hair and it should flex it back into the correct spot. Sometimes I have to do this with the turbines...they are notorious for this issue.
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Sunrise Xcape Impressive Edition Last post on 7/18/14 at 5:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- £100 IEMs, a little confused on what to get. Last post on 3/2/13 at 12:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- C5 or Gratitude? Looking for IEM around $200 Last post on 12/25/13 at 12:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs with forward mids (budget around 70$) Last post on 9/21/12 at 8:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ears for travel under $150 Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Sunrise SW-Xcape Impressive Edition (NOT v.2) - any impressions out there? - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hm, might be not this issue. Thanks it really helped, because the quiet side does not go to the right sound after slightly changing the position in the ear. I have to take it out and wait for a while.
I got mine replaced today and have same issue within few hours. Either I'm very unlucky or there is some doubt as to whether they are a replacement or whether the pair I sent for replacement were simply sent back. It's taken an unacceptable amount of time to remedy at over a month to send out replacement after supplying extensive info on the issue. The replacement was sent as just iems with medium buds exactly like I sent without box, card etc etc. Of course I'm fine with that if they are indeed new pair and have no problem with it but why not send the rest of the stuff including tips/case etc thinking about it now since they would be useless without headphones and a free case etc isn't much considering the customer isn't refunded for p&p fees of returning (soon to be twice) nor the (currently) 6 week wait over the issue unless of course you are sending out the originally returned pair.
Not got too much faith in replacement sent being actual replacement and don't want to wait another 6 weeks when it will make refund harder so want a refund now and may order a second pair from a different seller but will wait to see if it becomes an issue.
It could be flex I don't know but it really does affect sound. I've never heard driver do this before and I've come across various issues before now including ear pressure, wrong bud insertion etc and this isn't that. It starts as a gradual change over few minutes then suddenly changes quickly. No popping etc and you can even hear it without buds fitted for example or out of ear which proves it isn't that. One ear goes very quiet, almost silent with not much coming through and the other side drops in volume but sound quality drops by severe amount with limited range. There is no preceeding popping or anything, it's just like a smooth throttle down and shift in LR balance accompanied by range and quality loss.
I'm not talking slightly perceivable here I mean it's VERY dramatic difference and you can't miss it when it happens. I actually like the sound when they worked hence still interested in picking a pair up since they have nice bass and suited to my taste and listening to things like Black Mountain seem to shine with the warmth of the IEs compared to v1's for my preferences at least. Sadly I'm running out of patience as far as my current situation goes which is a shame since I don't want it to colour my view of Sunrise or their products but I fear it may. perhaps I'll go through sunrise support instead to see if there is any joy there.
I purchased a pair of v2 from the UK seller (through Ebay) in February. A fault developed in connector after a two months and the seller kindly replaced them with a pair of Impressives.
Unfortunately, they have the exact same problem mentioned above by K10W & Egioras - my replacement only took a couple of weeks but everything else is word-for-word identical. I'm not sure there's much point contacting the seller again and risk a repeat process.
Seller has solved my problem by refunding money. Thank you Sunrise for being reliable and quick to refund. Hope you will sort the Xcape problem :) In general I can say that, the sound quality was amazing and it is really a pity I couldn't reveal its all beauty.
We found the problem already, there are about 10 pcs of Xcape IE in first batch short of glue which causes the heating in voice coil, our staff made a mistake when send some of the faulty products to UK. We will replace all the faulty products with new one and will check everything careful. Thank you for understand!
Where are you from? The UK distributor sells them on Ebay.co.uk
Looks like ALO Audio is likely to be the USA distributor for the new Xcapes. I got a response from Sunrise stating that "Bugden Audio stopped response for a long time, we are finding a new distributor in USA. We hope AloAudio will be our distributor in USA soon."
Hopefully soon means very soon, ALO Audio looks far more reputable than Bugden Audio, especially considering they're a sponser of Head-Fi!
I think I got the first batch. I also suffered from that low volume on one side of the IE. BUT after 200+ hours of burn-in, it sounds very good to me. It's just perfect to my ears. :)
- Sunrise SW-Xcape Impressive Edition (NOT v.2) - any impressions out there?
- › iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO 16 seconds ago
- › Repairing Monoprice 605500 5-in Powered Monitor Speakers - Need New... 40 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 42 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Power vs Volume 1 minute ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3