- 1,227 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Location: NYS
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Violectric Amps from Lake People coming - info from CEO Fried Riem Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JVC DX1000: should I get a TRAFOMATIC EXP. HEAD ONE or VIOLECTRIC HPA V200 or RUDISTOR RPX-33 ... Last post on 4/21/12 at 7:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Building my first Headphone Set UP Last post on 8/26/10 at 8:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need advices on choosing between hpa v200 and phonitor Last post on 5/22/10 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
- Headphone Impedance
Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp - Page 182
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I´m thinking about getting back into desktop headphone gear and getting an amp would be the first step. I´m mostly into IEM´s these days so one requirement for amp candidates is that they play nice with balanced armature IEM´s. In other words the output impedance has to be very low, there has to be configurable gain and the volume pot needs to be high quality. So here I am :) As a side story I actually had a V200 for a while a very long time ago and always regretted letting it go.
Do any V200 owners here use it with very sensitive and low impedance balance armatures? Is the lowest pre-gain option enough? Is it safe for the IEM? I´m a bit concerned as the V200 swings tons of power around and I don´t want to break my expensive new toy. While I´m sure I´ll add a Sennheiser HD 650 or a planar to the mix someday, but in the beginning I´d be using it with the Shure SE846 and Sennheiser IE 800. The Shure especially isn´t an easy task for a desktop amp as they are generally made for very different headphones. I think it´s the ultimate test for judging an amp´s versatility. Extremely sensitive, 9 ohms and as such very prone to noise. Probably one of the nastiest tests for any desktop amp, just on the different side of the spectrum to the typical "does it have enough power for [insert planar headphone X]?" :)
- Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Help me chose closed over the ear headphones in between 100-200$ 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 3 minutes ago
- › LUMINARE amp & VERTO box, by AudioValve 3 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 7 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2