Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp - Page 179

post #2671 of 2676
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaval View Post
 

I don't remember ever being mentioned about any Vio amp being Class A. What class it is I won't dare to speculate.

Mine barely gets warm :)


Class A amps generally run much warmer.

V200 is not Class A.

post #2672 of 2676

I really like this amp with my K501..the mids are wonderfully seductive..first thing I listened was Anner Bylsma's Bach suites (on the slightly bigger Stradivarius Servais cello)

 

What a trip... Beethoven string Quartets (Alexander Q) sounds splendid as well as does Bill Evans 1961 Village Vanguard rec)

 

The treble is just right for me, the bass is lacking though in Mahler symphonies.. of course this is a K501 issue, so I'm considering the Philips Fidelio X2 for Mahler..

 

Anyone heard these on the V200?  Any thoughts on alternatives around the same price level?

 

Thanks guys for contributing in this thread, which made my buy this great amp! Cheers :beerchug:

post #2673 of 2676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinto View Post
 

I really like this amp with my K501..the mids are wonderfully seductive..first thing I listened was Anner Bylsma's Bach suites (on the slightly bigger Stradivarius Servais cello)

 

What a trip... Beethoven string Quartets (Alexander Q) sounds splendid as well as does Bill Evans 1961 Village Vanguard rec)

 

The treble is just right for me, the bass is lacking though in Mahler symphonies.. of course this is a K501 issue, so I'm considering the Philips Fidelio X2 for Mahler..

 

Anyone heard these on the V200?  Any thoughts on alternatives around the same price level?

 

Thanks guys for contributing in this thread, which made my buy this great amp! Cheers :beerchug:

 

Well they're 30ohm cans with 100db/mW, so I'd expect the V200 to be able to literally blow them up.

post #2674 of 2676
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRod View Post
 

 

Well they're 30ohm cans with 100db/mW, so I'd expect the V200 to be able to literally blow them up.

:D 

 

I have my gain on -12db on my K501, so I'm using the volume knob between 12-3 o'clock..I never listen loud, but I wonder if the V200 has any influence at all on the X2 treble.. or maybe even tames it a bit?

 

I'm selling my brand new SR225e, it's too bright for me..   darn tinnitus :o

post #2675 of 2676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinto View Post
 

:D 

 

I have my gain on -12db on my K501, so I'm using the volume knob between 12-3 o'clock..I never listen loud, but I wonder if the V200 has any influence at all on the X2 treble.. or maybe even tames it a bit?

 

I'm selling my brand new SR225e, it's too bright for me..   darn tinnitus :o

 

It shouldn't really. Part of the Vio. mantra is neutrality so all the amp should be doing is making things louder for you.

post #2676 of 2676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinto View Post
 

I really like this amp with my K501..the mids are wonderfully seductive..first thing I listened was Anner Bylsma's Bach suites (on the slightly bigger Stradivarius Servais cello)

 

What a trip... Beethoven string Quartets (Alexander Q) sounds splendid as well as does Bill Evans 1961 Village Vanguard rec)

 

The treble is just right for me, the bass is lacking though in Mahler symphonies.. of course this is a K501 issue, so I'm considering the Philips Fidelio X2 for Mahler..

 

Anyone heard these on the V200?  Any thoughts on alternatives around the same price level?

 

Thanks guys for contributing in this thread, which made my buy this great amp! Cheers :beerchug:

A bit of EQ on them can sort the bass out, at least that's how I roll with them. A think you should give it a try before moving on to other cans. K501 have something inherently unique with them and that's why they're so special.

 

I get my Mahler (and Progressive/Doom metal) bass stuffed through the woodied Magnum drivers with G-Cush pads. I think you could have a go with those pads before letting the Grados go ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp