Has anyone got any feedback on the 24/192 digital input?Currently have a Yulong DA8 DAC,would like to downscale my system but don't want to sacrifice too much in the way of sound quality.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Violectric Amps from Lake People coming - info from CEO Fried Riem Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JVC DX1000: should I get a TRAFOMATIC EXP. HEAD ONE or VIOLECTRIC HPA V200 or RUDISTOR RPX-33 ... Last post on 4/21/12 at 7:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Building my first Headphone Set UP Last post on 8/26/10 at 8:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need advices on choosing between hpa v200 and phonitor Last post on 5/22/10 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
- Headphone Impedance
Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp - Page 175
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just picked up a used unit,waiting for it to be shipped.Does anyone know the overall height of the amp including the feet?The height is listed as 49mm,but that has to be not including the feet?Reason I am asking is I am making a little shelf for it,want to do it while it's being shipped:o
Here are the different heights:
Chassis: ~45 mm
Face plate: ~48 mm (the face pate is taller than the chassis)
Chassis + feet: ~52 mm
Face plate + feet: ~55 mm (the feet are attached to the chassis, not the face plate)
From what I hear and what I see of the design, the optional DAC add-on should be pretty good but nowhere on the level of your DA8. It's kind of like the headphone amp on the DA8 - it's there, it's handy, it sounds good, but it doesn't compete with dedicated higher end devices. So the DA8 is an excellent DAC with a pretty good headphone amp built in, while the V200 is an excellent amp with a pretty good DAC available as an option.
The DA8 is already pretty small. Not sure there's a ton of room for downsizing unless you went with a Chord Hugo (expensive) or a Resonessence Concero HP (excellent but only headphone output, no line-out).
Yea that what I was thinking,by downsizing I meant having one component instead of two.I will experiment around,but will probably just keep the DA8/V200 combo,should do well with the LCD-2 fazor
I kneww\ this one was coming :-)
Overall depth: almost 10 inches or 252 mm (not 225 cm or that would be over 2 meters !).
Thanks for all the help with the dimensions,finally got my V200.I have it stacked with a Yulong DA8,there dimensions are opposite to each other,one being long and narrow,other being wider than its depth.My little wood bracket worked OK,but not great,gonna have to do...
I'll be selling my V200 as soon as the V220 is shipping.
Funny, I had one in the past, regretted selling it and bought a second one used.
- Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › It's June 2014 and I am waiting for OPPO PM-2 Availability 26 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Monster Cables - Fiber Optic and HDMI 1 minute ago
- › Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Lear BD4.2 impressions and appreciation thread + Australian tour 2 minutes ago
- › Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03) 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)