I have the older version and it is the lower picture.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Violectric Amps from Lake People coming - info from CEO Fried Riem Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JVC DX1000: should I get a TRAFOMATIC EXP. HEAD ONE or VIOLECTRIC HPA V200 or RUDISTOR RPX-33 ... Last post on 4/21/12 at 7:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Building my first Headphone Set UP Last post on 8/26/10 at 8:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need advices on choosing between hpa v200 and phonitor Last post on 5/22/10 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
- Headphone Impedance
Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp - Page 173
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have the the unit with the "white" line on the volume control. Is there a major difference in SQ comparing new with old? If so, can The Lake People upgrade my amp?
Both versions are identical..
The new version has detents, but I thought the old version did not. I can't speak to SQ differences, but I definitely think there is a usability one. The new knob itself does allow for volume settings between detents, but it's a bit of a pain to do so and slightly counterintuitive. It's not as though I could properly level match 2 completely different headphones using different detents.
IMO, I've found it difficult to converge upon a desired volume with the V200 if an upstream V800 was set to max volume (I could have swore this was the recommended mode of operation). That being said, I have not yet tried playing with any of the pre-gain jumpers. I think setting my V200 to something like -6 might give me more usable volume range.
I have not encountered a V200 with the old detents, so I can't directly compare.
V200 made some changes during production.
The first items had a nextel coated front panel - dark grey.
Also there was a volume knob with a white line.
The front panel changed to be black anodized.
The volume knob changed to be our own design with a slotted marker.
The volume potentiometer itself was, is and will be the RK27 from Alps.
But the first items had no detent, since about 2 years they have a 41-detent which is a nice feature to exactly reproduce a specific volume setting.
But it is still a potentiometer, no switch, because those switches only have 12 up to 24 positions which is not enough for a gain control.
So you can also position your desired volume between two detents if 41 positions are not enough.
Since last year the front panel from V200 was slightly altered to get closer to the appearance of DAC V800.
The milling around the volume knob has more diameter so that the scale is now in the deeper area.
The milling around the phone jacks was altered to be more straight also the milling around the power knob was slighly changed.
See at www.violectric-usa.com the new and actual style from V200 and compare it with the pics of V100 to have the look before.
For you that are on the fence whether to get the DAC module, or a seperate DAC, i must say after having the USB 24/96 for almost to years, and just recently having upgraded to the the V800, the V800 is indeed a huge upgrade in sound quality, the HE-500 have never sound sound so good before, and my new LCD-2 just is amazing with this combo!
- Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 37 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 38 seconds ago
- › Matrix Mini-i Pro Impressions? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica IM50 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Lampizator Level 5 Generation 4 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude