I have the older version and it is the lower picture.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Violectric Amps from Lake People coming - info from CEO Fried Riem Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JVC DX1000: should I get a TRAFOMATIC EXP. HEAD ONE or VIOLECTRIC HPA V200 or RUDISTOR RPX-33 ... Last post on 4/21/12 at 7:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Building my first Headphone Set UP Last post on 8/26/10 at 8:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need advices on choosing between hpa v200 and phonitor Last post on 5/22/10 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
- Headphone Impedance
Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp - Page 173
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have the the unit with the "white" line on the volume control. Is there a major difference in SQ comparing new with old? If so, can The Lake People upgrade my amp?
Both versions are identical..
The new version has detents, but I thought the old version did not. I can't speak to SQ differences, but I definitely think there is a usability one. The new knob itself does allow for volume settings between detents, but it's a bit of a pain to do so and slightly counterintuitive. It's not as though I could properly level match 2 completely different headphones using different detents.
IMO, I've found it difficult to converge upon a desired volume with the V200 if an upstream V800 was set to max volume (I could have swore this was the recommended mode of operation). That being said, I have not yet tried playing with any of the pre-gain jumpers. I think setting my V200 to something like -6 might give me more usable volume range.
I have not encountered a V200 with the old detents, so I can't directly compare.
V200 made some changes during production.
The first items had a nextel coated front panel - dark grey.
Also there was a volume knob with a white line.
The front panel changed to be black anodized.
The volume knob changed to be our own design with a slotted marker.
The volume potentiometer itself was, is and will be the RK27 from Alps.
But the first items had no detent, since about 2 years they have a 41-detent which is a nice feature to exactly reproduce a specific volume setting.
But it is still a potentiometer, no switch, because those switches only have 12 up to 24 positions which is not enough for a gain control.
So you can also position your desired volume between two detents if 41 positions are not enough.
Since last year the front panel from V200 was slightly altered to get closer to the appearance of DAC V800.
The milling around the volume knob has more diameter so that the scale is now in the deeper area.
The milling around the phone jacks was altered to be more straight also the milling around the power knob was slighly changed.
See at www.violectric-usa.com the new and actual style from V200 and compare it with the pics of V100 to have the look before.
- Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 10 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 31 seconds ago
- › Dallas, TX - Sunday, May 25th, 2014 - "May Mix It Up" meetup 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E18 1 minute ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 Studio Review 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob