I think the match between the v200, Mytek 192 DSD and Fostex TH900 is great. My 1st impression was that the combo was a bit bright, but now that the v200 has burned in I love the sound. Can't really say that the v200 is warm/tubey, I think it's pretty neutral but perhaps that's because of the combo with the Mytek. Havent experimented with cables yet.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Violectric Amps from Lake People coming - info from CEO Fried Riem Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JVC DX1000: should I get a TRAFOMATIC EXP. HEAD ONE or VIOLECTRIC HPA V200 or RUDISTOR RPX-33 ... Last post on 4/21/12 at 7:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Building my first Headphone Set UP Last post on 8/26/10 at 8:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need advices on choosing between hpa v200 and phonitor Last post on 5/22/10 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp - Page 170post #2536 of 28472/20/14 at 2:51pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2537 of 28472/22/14 at 7:50amThread StarterQuote:
V220 will have some upgrades over V200 - reworked power supply with upgraded transformers, tweaked output stage, and a ton more options. It works as a dedicated preamp now, including XLR and RCA outputs. Then there's the expanded upgrade list where you can choose between several digital input options, as well as remote volume control or the custom-made relay based volume option.
For someone who doesn't care about digital inputs, remote controls, or preamp capabilities, the interesting question will be - how different is the base V220 from the V200? It's almost a $400 price increase so we'd expect there to be some noticeable improvement, but I don't know how big it will actually be.post #2538 of 28473/3/14 at 12:04pmpost #2539 of 28473/3/14 at 5:45pmNot at all. When I had the V181, V200, and V800 all stacked 3 tall they never even got warm.
Temporarily set up all on one shelf while I had quite a lot of demo gear for a meet.
Edited by Maxvla - 3/3/14 at 7:23pmpost #2540 of 28473/3/14 at 11:24pmpost #2541 of 28473/3/14 at 11:36pmQuote:
no problem...my V200 sits under the V800 even when room temperature is 30 deg plus in summer and it never gets too hot..post #2542 of 28473/4/14 at 7:03ampost #2543 of 28473/4/14 at 5:56pmpost #2544 of 28473/5/14 at 5:56ampost #2545 of 28473/10/14 at 6:54amQuote:
Guido, you use this configuration for a long time? I found the V800 is still quite heated by the V200 placed below! not a problem for you ?post #2546 of 28473/10/14 at 6:55ampost #2547 of 28473/10/14 at 7:07ampost #2548 of 28473/14/14 at 2:29ampost #2549 of 28473/14/14 at 11:41pmpost #2550 of 28473/15/14 at 6:48amThread Starter
Write off the whole thing because of the brand of one chip? Isn't that premature? Granted, I was surprised when they chose Tenor rather than XMOS, but still.... let's give it a chance and see if people have any issues or not. Supposedly it's been extensively tested.
- Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 seconds ago
- › Just getting into headphones, where to go from here? 4 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 2 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear