Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Violectric Amps from Lake People coming - info from CEO Fried Riem Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JVC DX1000: should I get a TRAFOMATIC EXP. HEAD ONE or VIOLECTRIC HPA V200 or RUDISTOR RPX-33 ... Last post on 4/21/12 at 7:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Building my first Headphone Set UP Last post on 8/26/10 at 8:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need advices on choosing between hpa v200 and phonitor Last post on 5/22/10 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
A funny thing had happened the last time I visited Schiit Audio's offices and factory/warehouse. When we entered, what had previously been a storage or dumping room -- I don't remember, had become...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
WHAT MAKES THESE TUBE AMPS SPECIAL?Okay, so every audiophile or audio enthusiast I've met wants one of these and there is certainly a reason for it. Besides the fact that this thing just sounds...
Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp - Page 168post #2506 of 28472/11/14 at 5:55am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2507 of 28472/11/14 at 6:25ampost #2508 of 28472/11/14 at 7:08ampost #2509 of 28472/11/14 at 7:13ampost #2510 of 28472/11/14 at 7:15ampost #2511 of 28472/11/14 at 7:17am
Since moving from Cape Town to Italy we have down scaled the size of our house...I really need a music room again to put the Norh 9 marble speakers on their proper stands and give them some room to breathe..post #2512 of 28472/11/14 at 8:04ampost #2513 of 28472/11/14 at 8:19amQuote:
did you use the hd650 with the violectric? still have them?
i love it with the violectric, it's dark, meaty and at the same time detailed, precise soundstage and musical, always amazes me for it's full range dynamic capability
the violectric really controls it with exceptional authority, like all the other headphones btw... ha, ha
i think that contribute to the smaller (or maybe just more dynamic in the technical sense of the term) soundstage
anyway just wanted to point out the rediscovered sensation of authoritarian control with the violectric (v800->xlr->v200 0dB pre-gain) since comparing it with the conductor, which is no slouch but the violectric seems untouchable in that regardQuote:
you can't go wrong with the v200, i find it more reference sounding when connected to the v800 over the higher output xlr connection, tho it works great with lower signals and bumping up the pre-gain, but again from the v800 xlr and at 0dB pre-gain it's untouchablepost #2514 of 28472/11/14 at 8:28ampost #2515 of 28472/11/14 at 8:30ampost #2516 of 28472/11/14 at 8:31am
I would like nothing more than to get both of them at the same time, but it isnt going to happen. I just didnt want to get the v200 and be put off because of the Bifrost. I have had my eye on the v200 for a very long time.
Edited by asmoday - 2/11/14 at 8:32ampost #2517 of 28472/12/14 at 6:08ampost #2518 of 28472/14/14 at 6:55pmI hope everyone is doing well, anyway it's time for me to let go of the he500 and get something a little more bassy and comfortable. I have decided on the th900. What gain settings do I need to use for this headphone? Select -12 as it's a sensitive headphone or leave everything to off?post #2519 of 28472/15/14 at 5:11am
from my experience a lower gain gives more bass and fullness, less separation maybe, even more so using rca instead of the xlr inputs, tho Mr. Reim do not believe there is any difference except in volume
i usually A/B different settings on a couple of different tracks' segments
however it mostly depends on the input signal, source, maybe set on 0dB pre-gain and try what's better between the mdac rca and xlr outputs first, this will probably yield a bigger difference in sound
- Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 12 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 21 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Like new Mr Speakers Ether C flow for sale (1/4 inch DUM cable)... 1 minute ago
- › HD 650 problem 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Vali 2 tube rolling 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Brainwavz Jive by ezekiel77
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by Cinder
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by EZE99
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear