Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Violectric Amps from Lake People coming - info from CEO Fried Riem Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JVC DX1000: should I get a TRAFOMATIC EXP. HEAD ONE or VIOLECTRIC HPA V200 or RUDISTOR RPX-33 ... Last post on 4/21/12 at 7:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Building my first Headphone Set UP Last post on 8/26/10 at 8:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need advices on choosing between hpa v200 and phonitor Last post on 5/22/10 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp - Page 168post #2506 of 28472/11/14 at 5:55am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2507 of 28472/11/14 at 6:25ampost #2508 of 28472/11/14 at 7:08ampost #2509 of 28472/11/14 at 7:13ampost #2510 of 28472/11/14 at 7:15ampost #2511 of 28472/11/14 at 7:17am
Since moving from Cape Town to Italy we have down scaled the size of our house...I really need a music room again to put the Norh 9 marble speakers on their proper stands and give them some room to breathe..post #2512 of 28472/11/14 at 8:04ampost #2513 of 28472/11/14 at 8:19amQuote:
did you use the hd650 with the violectric? still have them?
i love it with the violectric, it's dark, meaty and at the same time detailed, precise soundstage and musical, always amazes me for it's full range dynamic capability
the violectric really controls it with exceptional authority, like all the other headphones btw... ha, ha
i think that contribute to the smaller (or maybe just more dynamic in the technical sense of the term) soundstage
anyway just wanted to point out the rediscovered sensation of authoritarian control with the violectric (v800->xlr->v200 0dB pre-gain) since comparing it with the conductor, which is no slouch but the violectric seems untouchable in that regardQuote:
you can't go wrong with the v200, i find it more reference sounding when connected to the v800 over the higher output xlr connection, tho it works great with lower signals and bumping up the pre-gain, but again from the v800 xlr and at 0dB pre-gain it's untouchablepost #2514 of 28472/11/14 at 8:28ampost #2515 of 28472/11/14 at 8:30ampost #2516 of 28472/11/14 at 8:31am
I would like nothing more than to get both of them at the same time, but it isnt going to happen. I just didnt want to get the v200 and be put off because of the Bifrost. I have had my eye on the v200 for a very long time.
Edited by asmoday - 2/11/14 at 8:32ampost #2517 of 28472/12/14 at 6:08ampost #2518 of 28472/14/14 at 6:55pmI hope everyone is doing well, anyway it's time for me to let go of the he500 and get something a little more bassy and comfortable. I have decided on the th900. What gain settings do I need to use for this headphone? Select -12 as it's a sensitive headphone or leave everything to off?post #2519 of 28472/15/14 at 5:11am
from my experience a lower gain gives more bass and fullness, less separation maybe, even more so using rca instead of the xlr inputs, tho Mr. Reim do not believe there is any difference except in volume
i usually A/B different settings on a couple of different tracks' segments
however it mostly depends on the input signal, source, maybe set on 0dB pre-gain and try what's better between the mdac rca and xlr outputs first, this will probably yield a bigger difference in sound
- Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Looking to upgrade my amplifier 16 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄ ★☆ 54 seconds ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA600i appreciation ... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear