or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp - Page 159

post #2371 of 2847

I spoke to fried recently. I stand to be corrected, but fried mentioned the opto and coax 192k DAC will be ready by january 2014. the USB version will take longer..

post #2372 of 2847
Quote:
Originally Posted by avl06 View Post
 

Anyone heard the LCD-X with V200 yet?

I am also very interested in this pairing.

post #2373 of 2847

Is there a review of v200 and th900 combo? 

post #2374 of 2847
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRoad View Post
 

Is there a review of v200 and th900 combo? 


Fresh brief review of TH900 (V200 comparsion with Teac UD501) there in the russian forum:

forum.doctorhead.ru/index.php?app=tutorials&article=92

 

You can use Google-translator :)


Edited by tyom86 - 12/9/13 at 11:21pm
post #2375 of 2847
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyom86 View Post
 


Fresh brief review of TH900 (V200 comparsion with Teac UD501) there in the russian forum:

forum.doctorhead.ru/index.php?app=tutorials&article=92

 

You can use Google-translator :)

 

Link is broken, try this: http://forum.doctorhead.ru/index.php?app=tutorials&article=92

 

Seems like the poster really enjoys V200 with TH900. 

post #2376 of 2847
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post


No, but I have an LCD-XC coming soon and will definitely give that a go. Not quite the same thing, but close.

Any chance to listen to the LCD-X or XC with the Violectric V200?

 

I also have [the clue) speakers. Great performers.

post #2377 of 2847
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG52 View Post
 

Any chance to listen to the LCD-X or XC with the Violectric V200?

 

I also have [the clue) speakers. Great performers.

 

My LCD-XC should be arriving soon, but I don't know exactly when. Demand for those things is through the roof!

post #2378 of 2847
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post
 

 

My LCD-XC should be arriving soon, but I don't know exactly when. Demand for those things is through the roof!

If it performs anything like the LCD-X, I can understand why!

post #2379 of 2847
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn19h7 View Post

By the way, any news on V282? ph34r.gif

I asked Fried the same question in September and he said that the major guidelines are set, but there are  still lots of details open. It's planned to hit the market in 2014. 
Edited by hennessys - 12/12/13 at 1:42pm
post #2380 of 2847
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post
 

 

My LCD-XC should be arriving soon, but I don't know exactly when. Demand for those things is through the roof!

Just ordered a V200 to go with my LCD-X. Got a 20% off deal with full warranty. It was hard to pass up. From your review of the Vio and everything I've read, I'm pretty confident I'll enjoy the combo. The X headphones are not as lush or warm as the LCD-2s or 3s, they are somewhat more neutral. I prefer a warm, darker sound signature to overly bright or hyper detailed. I understand some felt it was too much of a good thing with the 2s and 3s, but with the somewhat 'lighter' tonal balance of the Xs, should be a very good match. And I understand the V200 will put out about 1 1/2 watts into a 22ohm load. Should be plenty of juice.

post #2381 of 2847

Recently a russian guy asked in violectric' e-mail: responded that v220 can release by mid 2014 year.

uff. long wait..


Edited by tyom86 - 12/14/13 at 6:33am
post #2382 of 2847

V200 is an amazing piece of hardware and will continue to be long after the new balanced amp comes out, haha. :) Maybe the new balanced version doesn't have the same dark, yet detailed & clear magical flavor of the V200? All I can say is that if you like dark, yet detailed and clear, spacious sound, V200 should definitely be checked out.

 

Has anyone tried using V200 as a preamp? How did that turn out?

 

Same question about the V800. :)


Edited by Norway - 12/16/13 at 9:56pm
post #2383 of 2847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norway View Post
 

 All I can say is that if you like dark, yet detailed and clear, spacious sound, V200 should definitely be checked out.

 

 

Absolutely agree with this. Pairing it with my Audeze LCD-X headphones is a match made in heaven, for me. Most like Apogee Scintilla and Diva set ups I heard many years ago in some hi fi shops. Something I could never have afforded, financially or space wise. It is nice to finally have a touch of that magic I heard many years ago

post #2384 of 2847
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG52 View Post
 

Absolutely agree with this. Pairing it with my Audeze LCD-X headphones is a match made in heaven, for me. Most like Apogee Scintilla and Diva set ups I heard many years ago in some hi fi shops. Something I could never have afforded, financially or space wise. It is nice to finally have a touch of that magic I heard many years ago

I've been wondering about this, since I have the V200 and am seriously considering getting the LCD X. Does it sound as good or better with the LCD X as it does the LCD 2.R2? Pairing the LCD X with the V200 won't give me any issues as with the V200/LCD 3 pairing right?

post #2385 of 2847
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1REStarter View Post
 

I've been wondering about this, since I have the V200 and am seriously considering getting the LCD X. Does it sound as good or better with the LCD X as it does the LCD 2.R2? Pairing the LCD X with the V200 won't give me any issues as with the V200/LCD 3 pairing right?

Although I have listened to the LCD2 (latest), it was with another amp. I have not heard the LCD-3. Not sure what sort of issues you may be referring to, but I'm a very happy camper with this set up. Of course, from a purely enjoyment level, ymmv....etc.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp