Anyone heard the LCD-X with V200 yet?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Violectric Amps from Lake People coming - info from CEO Fried Riem Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JVC DX1000: should I get a TRAFOMATIC EXP. HEAD ONE or VIOLECTRIC HPA V200 or RUDISTOR RPX-33 ... Last post on 4/21/12 at 7:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Building my first Headphone Set UP Last post on 8/26/10 at 8:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need advices on choosing between hpa v200 and phonitor Last post on 5/22/10 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp - Page 158post #2356 of 284711/19/13 at 4:17am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2357 of 284711/19/13 at 8:42amThread Starterpost #2358 of 284711/19/13 at 1:58pmpost #2359 of 284711/19/13 at 11:50pm
I haven't heard the V800, but I am sure the M-DAC will sound a lot less laid back. The M-DAC has a tendency to make music sound larger than life and the sound is very tweakable via the digital filters. Its sound staging and details doesn't compare to other (more expensive) ESS9018 based DACs I've heard. FWIW, I like the Resonessence Labs Concero more than the M-DAC, but the Concero is only single ended.post #2360 of 284711/20/13 at 1:06pmpost #2361 of 284711/20/13 at 8:55pmGot another query for you guys. Can I use the v200 as a preamp and connect them to a pair of desktop speakers (microlab 6c) as they have a built in amp into them with RCA inputs? I will use the mdac xlr outs to connect to the v200 and the RCA outs from the v200 to the speakers.post #2362 of 284711/20/13 at 10:02pm
I tried looking into this some while back, but don't believe it is possible. Afaik the RCA output is not coupled to the volume control.
You could also use the M-DAC as a pre-amp.post #2363 of 284711/20/13 at 11:25pmpost #2364 of 284711/21/13 at 1:09am
I had the V200 quite some time back (and still regret selling it). I seem to remember the manual detailing the instructions to flip the RCA inputs from input to output.. so I think this feature is actually available (you'll have to get into the case and probably move some jumpers or something).post #2365 of 284711/21/13 at 1:20amQuote:Originally Posted by FlySweep
I had the V200 quite some time back (and still regret selling it). I seem to remember the manual detailing the instructions to flip the RCA inputs from input to output.. so I think this feature is actually available (you'll have to get into the case and probably move some jumpers or something).
You can flip it, but I believe its a fixed 2Vrms output. The V800 gives you variable output.post #2366 of 284711/29/13 at 4:42am
actually, from the manualQuote: v200 manualCinch socket as outputs:The cinch sockets can also be operated as outputs. This offers thepossibility of using a refreshed balanced or USB input signal for furtherpurposes.Output levels equal the levels appliedto the inputs, i.e. the signal isamplified by 0dB (unity gain)at an output impedance of < 30 ohms.
so the output V will be whatever is at input, means that those that have a source with "pot", like the v800, can use it to set the volumepost #2367 of 284711/29/13 at 9:20amThread Starter
Anybody considering buying Violectric gear for black Friday (or anytime in the near future)? Violectric USA is now open for business! This is the new North American distributor for all Violectric products. It's not Violectric directly, but handled by someone I can personally vouch for. This same distributor also handles Matrix Audio products and has shown great customer service on that end (see the Matrix X-Sabre thread for some examples of impressed customers).
Not exactly a black Friday special, but you can call it one if it makes you feel better..... they have some demo units on sale. These were used by Fried Reim at CanJam at RMAF a few months back, so they have seen very little use. There's a V200 with the 24/96 USB DAC option for $799! Then another V200 with no DAC for the same price, since that USB DAC model is going to disappear quickly I'm sure. There's a V181 for $799 - despite living in the shadow of V200, V181 is an excellent balanced headphone amp. And even a V800 DAC with a $260 discount. Get them while they last because those prices are great.
The good part about Violectric USA is that he keeps a physical stock of (most) product. So one can order without worrying about import duties - which was a common thing when ordering direct from Violectric in Germany. The new 24/192 USB modules are not quite ready but as soon as they are, Violectric USA will have some units with that option as well. I have not yet asked him about Lake People models but I suspect those will be available at some point as well - which is excellent news (G109, my favorite sub-$500 amp).post #2368 of 284711/29/13 at 10:28pm
thanks for the update.
I'd sell my concero if the USB chip/implementation is top notch, that's how much I like my V200.post #2369 of 284711/29/13 at 10:29pmpost #2370 of 284711/30/13 at 10:40pmThread StarterQuote:
You are welcome! I hope the new USB implementation is excellent. I expect so given the time and attention it is receiving. I know Fried likes the idea of having a viable one-box solution that takes very little space and sounds great. As more and more people migrate to PC only and don't need multiple SPDIF inputs, it makes sense.
Sorry, nothing yet. I haven't talked with Fried since before RMAF and I'm sure he is busy working on it, but I don't know any new info. Will update when I have anything for you though.
- Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 10 seconds ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 16 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 36 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016) 50 seconds ago
- › The EU deals thread! 2 minutes ago
- › The Other Metal Thread: No Blastbeat Metal Zone! 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › ANNOUNCEMENT: DC Area Head-Fi Meet - March 12, 2017 - Gaithersburg,... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear