Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp - Page 155

post #2311 of 2634

right now i am running the rs1i with the v200, there is definitely chemistry with the two

post #2312 of 2634
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by esn89 View Post
 

right now i am running the rs1i with the v200, there is definitely chemistry with the two

 

 

I'm not a huge Grado fan these days, but I gotta admit - they sound better on the V200 than most other amps. Low output impedance for quality bass with good damping factor, and smooth, well controlled highs for less sharp/edgy sound. 

 

Now that I've talked about it, it reminds me - I need to try the PS500. Measurements on that thing look better than any Grado I've yet seen. 

post #2313 of 2634
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post
 

 

 

I'm not a huge Grado fan these days, but I gotta admit - they sound better on the V200 than most other amps. Low output impedance for quality bass with good damping factor, and smooth, well controlled highs for less sharp/edgy sound. 

 

Now that I've talked about it, it reminds me - I need to try the PS500. Measurements on that thing look better than any Grado I've yet seen. 

 

I believe this combo would be good. V200 is very suitable for Grado. 

post #2314 of 2634
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post


I'm not a huge Grado fan these days, but I gotta admit - they sound better on the V200 than most other amps. Low output impedance for quality bass with good damping factor, and smooth, well controlled highs for less sharp/edgy sound. 

Now that I've talked about it, it reminds me - I need to try the PS500. Measurements on that thing look better than any Grado I've yet seen. 

Hey project86, if you ever had the chance to try the PS500, let us know what do you think about it ya. smily_headphones1.gif Had been contemplating on a lighter pair of headphones, alongside my HD650 for some time.
post #2315 of 2634
the clicking on my V200 w/USB is starting to get really annoying, i have it connected to my computer using JRiver and it'll click on every single sound my computer makes, music, games etc.
post #2316 of 2634

hi, i don't think it's the v200, it must be the dac or something down the chain

 

i had it like

 

pc -> usb -> m-audio fast track ultra -> spdif -> v800 -> xlr -> v200 -> beyer t1 (very sensitive hp despite the 600ohms)

 

thought it was the v800 but it really was the m-audio over the spdif

 

what os are you using

 

what method ds, wasapi, ks, asio?

 

edit: actually the v800 clicks too but way less


Edited by roskodan - 9/18/13 at 11:18pm
post #2317 of 2634
PC(Windows) > V200 w/ built in DAC > HD800

JRiver is using DS.
post #2318 of 2634

that's strange never happened to me over ds

 

when you say "it'll click on every single sound my computer makes, music, games etc." you mean when such sounds star/stop or random during playback?

 

is it single clicks or cracking noise?

 

try another player

 

in foobar one can set up for ds streaming the fadein fadeout delay, maybe you can try this in jriver

 

i usually disable windows sounds in cp -  sound - sounds - sound scheme - no sound

post #2319 of 2634
Windows will play a sound if i do generic things like click on a folder, change the volume, empty the recycle bin etc, thats when my V200 will click, then 8 seconds later it will click again, they are single clicks.

JRiver is set to fadein between songs, there are no clicks between tracks, even in Windows Media Player which has no fadein.

I guess whats happening is the device clicks when a audio signal passes through, then when inactive for 8 seconds, clicks again because no signal is passing through.

I should really turn off windows sounds to stop this.

At any rate I dont like the built in DAC, i'll just pass it through my Concero which at least doesn't click, and is a far superior DAC anyway.
post #2320 of 2634
Quote:
Originally Posted by belisk View Post

At any rate I dont like the built in DAC, i'll just pass it through my Concero which at least doesn't click, and is a far superior DAC anyway.

 

aaaa, you have the v200 with the dac option, now it's all clear, didn't realize that

 

edit: or one can use ks,asio, wasapi to listen to music, it will automatically cut of windows or any other sound while the music player is running, and you can set windows and application sounds to run trough another device while having the player using the v200 with ks,wasapi


Edited by roskodan - 9/19/13 at 1:02am
post #2321 of 2634
yeah i gave up using it, its pretty much a waste of $$, this Tenor chip is garbage, had another thing happen just now.... was running music and decided to play a game at the same time, suddenly a horrible crackle started happening swapping from left to right which would not stop even when i closed every application forcing me to restart the amp

Thanks for the replies though.

To anyone who is reading this....

Warning: Do not buy the internal USB DAC option
Edited by belisk - 9/19/13 at 6:09am
post #2322 of 2634
Quote:
Originally Posted by belisk View Post

yeah i gave up using it, its pretty much a waste of $$, this Tenor chip is garbage, had another thing happen just now.... was running music and decided to play a game at the same time, suddenly a horrible crackle started happening swapping from left to right which would not stop even when i closed every application forcing me to restart the amp

Thanks for the replies though.

To anyone who is reading this....

Warning: Do not buy the internal USB DAC option

 

 

or perhaps do not buy Windows PCs...:rolleyes:

post #2323 of 2634

you may want to try change the ground jumper from lift to gnd or vice versa, sometimes it's up to the rest of the setup, not really the usb chip, more likely the dac having issues, cracking is typical of devices without proper grounding, like laptops, sometimes you can feel on the metallic cases of such devices a tingling, piercing, sensation on your skin

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
 

 

 

or perhaps do not buy Windows PCs...:rolleyes:


macs ain't better in this aspect


Edited by roskodan - 9/19/13 at 6:31am
post #2324 of 2634

Has anyone heard from Freid recently?  I was emailing with him a week ago and never heard back . . .  he said he was going to Rocky Mountain Canjam . . . maybe he's traveling?

post #2325 of 2634
Quote:
Originally Posted by belisk View Post

the clicking on my V200 w/USB is starting to get really annoying, i have it connected to my computer using JRiver and it'll click on every single sound my computer makes, music, games etc.

 

 

the clicking is normal as discussed by many some time ago. Just set to a constant sample rate and you wont hear the clicking. also.. the relay will reset every 8 seconds or so. so yea.. make sure the relay is always active then you won't hear that click. if not it will click on everything.

 

Another way, best way, is to set the default audio in your computer to something else. only the music player to the dac. it will not click then.

 

My 24/96 usb works great. love it. and the dac is powered by the internal psu. save me the cost of a usb psu too.


Edited by smoothtalker - 9/23/13 at 9:40am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp