My V800 generally never clicks when I change tracks or albums.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Violectric Amps from Lake People coming - info from CEO Fried Riem Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JVC DX1000: should I get a TRAFOMATIC EXP. HEAD ONE or VIOLECTRIC HPA V200 or RUDISTOR RPX-33 ... Last post on 4/21/12 at 7:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Building my first Headphone Set UP Last post on 8/26/10 at 8:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need advices on choosing between hpa v200 and phonitor Last post on 5/22/10 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Headphone Impedance
Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp - Page 142
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
For my better understanding, we are talking about feeding the V200 with USB-Module via iTunes on a Mac or PC?
Because I´m not sure, if this happens with e.g. the DAC800 connected via Coax or Toslink with a CD-Player.
because there is a gradual transient between tracks if u don't switch, go, forward backwards between tracks yourself, even just sliding fwd bck in one track makes clicks in players that doesn't have fade, using v200 that is
it doesn't matter, at least in my case, if it's digital coax or usb, in v800, rca analog out to v200, the clicks r always there if i use v200 and players without fade, like foobar with kernel streaming or vlc, as opposed to winamp or foobar with direct sound in which case fade is applied before cutting, starting the signal, so there r not clicks
it's like the dust on vinyl clicks
i use v800 to v200, rca analog, and tried m-audio fast track ultra to v200, rca analog, in both cases the clicks r present, but a little attenuated not so fast attacking with the m-audio,
so the clicks are most probably just the v200 preamp gain amp section being very hi-fi and uber quick in correctly amplifying the signal presented to it, or it just doesn't turn itself on/off, when the D/A signal starts/stops, or maybe because it actually is turning itself on/off, could be any of these reasons
in this case a sudden rise from 0V to Vx or drop from Vx to 0V in the signal
that's why there is no audible click when switching between low volume parts of the tracks, or if you set the volume fairly low in your player, or when a track ends and another start without switching yourself fwd bck from/to a loud section
if u hear no clicks it's either because u r using software fade, or using a source that fade, or ur amp is not as hi-fi as the v200
if it does not clicks it's not uber hi-fi ;)
i don't know exactly how the d/a pre and amp r configured or working together in the v200
so i can't give a technical scientifically exact explanation to where and why the clicks forms, ask the people from the lake
now i'm gonna enjoy Ryoji Ikeda 'no' Dataplex from my uber hi-fi can amp that is the v200
Edited by roskodan - 2/18/13 at 1:45pm
Thank you, roskodan, for your detailed explanation.
I think in a few days I have an answer from Fried Reim and I will report here.
And now I´m enjoying Ziggy Stardust :-) with the wonderful V200 and trying to ignore the clicks.
My guess is that it has something to do with the Tenor USB chip (7022 IIRC). The TE8802 in my NFB-17.2 does the same, whereas my Hiface Two with the XMOS chip is hardly noticeable using the same DAC.
You can verify this with fried reim.
Hi to all !
I´m new to this forum and want to send many greetings from Germany.
I´m operating the V200 with my Audeze LCD-2 and for me, it´s a wonderful combo.
The only thing is, that the built-in USB-DAC has a clicking sound between two tracks while listening via my macbook pro and iTunes. I hate this and it´s really disturbing!
So I have to search this forum to find some similar experiences with this problem.
Otherwise I have to take plan B (V800...)
Edited by smoothtalker - 2/19/13 at 1:35am
must be related to any usb and/or maybe the D/A , my m-audio ftu usb do the same,
while connecting my v200 via rca to analog out of my mbp headphones jack using wasapi foobar cs4206a ab39 doesn't result in any clicking whatsoever
but it's interesting how there is clicking, while using usb and/or maybe the D/A, only when interrupting the signal when it's fairly loud, like its volume, of the click, is proportional to the volume of the output signal in the moment of the interruption of the same
another thing is that the same clicking is present, if using wasapi or ds without fade, while connecting pc opt digital out to v800 opt in and than out to v200 rca analog, the possibilities are 2, the v800 usb component is active in the optical digital path of the v800 too, or the actual clicks are actually something within the D/A and/or further down the chain
and it clicks when switching between opt and coax digital streams on the v800 too
Edited by roskodan - 2/19/13 at 5:52am
Is aphroditecu29 the only vendor to buy the V200 new? His website looks kinda silly. I'm looking to get this amp for the TH900. Having a hard time trying to find one in the US.
You can order directly from Violectric. Even with shipping, it is cheaper than buying from ACu29. Although, depending on your city and state, you might get slapped with import taxes.
I've had the v200 for couple months now and the v800 for a week now. Really loving the combo.
They really complement each other. I think this is the best amp and dac I've had so far. Very content with both.
The amp is musical but not colored and the dac resolving but not clinical. Together, they present the music in a very lively, detailed and holographic way.
Got to thank all those who review here like project86 for introducing gear like this.
Not that I've heard. Fried mentioned a bunch of ideas for new products - the latest he talked about was expanding the DAC line to include lower priced models (maybe branded as Lake People models but I'm not sure) as well as a flagship design positioned higher than the V800. But these were all just ideas and I have no clue when or if any of them will actually launch.
Fried hasn't mentioned the new high end amps in a while. I'm not sure they are even in the works at this point. But he could surprise us, you never know.
- Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 seconds ago
- › A Weird Thread...! 47 seconds ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 51 seconds ago
- › Destiny 59 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 2 minutes ago
- › New Beyer DT1350 2 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica Woodies: ATH-W1000Z announced 3 minutes ago
- › TEAC HA-P90SD (To be released in Dec, 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2