Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Violectric Amps from Lake People coming - info from CEO Fried Riem Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JVC DX1000: should I get a TRAFOMATIC EXP. HEAD ONE or VIOLECTRIC HPA V200 or RUDISTOR RPX-33 ... Last post on 4/21/12 at 7:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Building my first Headphone Set UP Last post on 8/26/10 at 8:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need advices on choosing between hpa v200 and phonitor Last post on 5/22/10 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Today I got this MP3 player but I am debating to keep it or not because the button layout is horrible. Also, the user interface is choppy with FLAC files. There is a noticable lag when choosing...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
- Headphone Impedance
Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp - Page 139
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Can we take that as a 'Maybe' ?
LMAO . . .
Some people feel V200 is up to the task, others don't. Simple as that. There's no "right" answer to definitively say which of them is correct.
Obviously if you plug in the HE-6 you will get sound. Probably loud sound with the pre-gain set to high. Is it ideal sound for the HE-6? I don't know. I haven't even tried it myself so I have no personal opinion on the matter.
Please do: "I was going to explain how some people think it can drive HE-6, and some people disagree. But never mind."
I will, if we see the original question ("Will the V200 drive the HE6?"), answer as follows - since the original questions omits any adjectives.
Will the V200 drive the HE-6 well - compared to other solutions? No. The V200 can´t compete with Mjolnir and dedicated stereo amps (Primare I32, Abrahamsen V2.0, Brio-R). However - it is not just W-output from the amp - it is so much more.
Q: Will the V200 drive the HE6?
Q: Will the V200 drive the HE6 - as good as a dedicated integrated stereo amp coupled to the speaker outputs?
Q: Will the V200 drive the HE6 to high volumes?
Q: Will the V200 drive the HE6 - and make the sound really engaging?
A: It depends on your source - but I would say that the Mjolnir / Gungnir comes very, very close to the stereo amp. So close in fact, that the Schiit stack is sufficient to any stereo amp
Edited by negura - 2/9/13 at 3:27pm
Just my experience (1 year+):
a) HE-6 plays music and comes alive with Shiit Mjolnir / Gungnir - compared to the aforementioned stereo amps
b) LCD-3: I love the LCD-2 on the V200 - but the LCD-3 needs something else. This is a nightmare to explain. The LCD-2 and the LCD-3 aren´t THAT different. The LCD-2 sounds fantastic with the V200 - the LCD-3 doesn´t. The LCD-2 is abs. fantastic via the Mjolnir - and so is the LCD-3. THe Mjolnir is relatively "bright & agile" sounding. That complements the LCD-3 - and for some of us also the LCD-2s
The V200 is fantastic with the Fostex TH-900. Abs. love the combo.
tl;dr - The Mjolnir is numero uno for LCD-3 - and the V200 is fantastic for TH-900 and LCD-2. If you have the LCD-34 and Mjolnir; the LCD-2 will come alive as well on the Mjolnir.
Edited by Loevhagen - 2/9/13 at 3:36pm
Off topic. But I so wish there was another U.S dealer than Robert at Aphrodite29cu. He is so hard to get a hold of. His email replies are really inconsistent. Especially before the purchase and after the purchase.
At least, that was my experience when I purchased the v200. Now I'm trying to purchase the v800 and wish there was another dealer. Too bad.
I ran the pre-gain at -6 with v200 volume fully clockwise and DAC volume somewhere in the middle -- sounded great !
- Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 11 seconds ago
- › SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread 57 seconds ago
- › Whats your go to sub $120 IEM? 1 minute ago
- › How does the AKG Q701 fare for my genre of music? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Modi 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - 24 bit WAV music player ( impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Will this amp make much of a difference? 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)