Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Violectric Amps from Lake People coming - info from CEO Fried Riem Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JVC DX1000: should I get a TRAFOMATIC EXP. HEAD ONE or VIOLECTRIC HPA V200 or RUDISTOR RPX-33 ... Last post on 4/21/12 at 7:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Building my first Headphone Set UP Last post on 8/26/10 at 8:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need advices on choosing between hpa v200 and phonitor Last post on 5/22/10 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Having those for 5 months, I am very impressed as they openned up really with my senheiser momentum after some burn in. I use them with my laptop (pc). This review will be about the VERY good...
Sony XB90EX Review This is not gonna be super in depth but just a small review and a comparison to the Sony XBA30. Ok so first thing I noticed when unboxing, wow they are big! Definitely much...
first review. yayyyyyyyyyy, so here we go. I am no super expert in headphones, but heres what I think the bass is very rumbling. I think that it wasn't as thumping or hard hitting as i would like...
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
- Headphone Impedance
Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp - Page 139
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Can we take that as a 'Maybe' ?
LMAO . . .
Some people feel V200 is up to the task, others don't. Simple as that. There's no "right" answer to definitively say which of them is correct.
Obviously if you plug in the HE-6 you will get sound. Probably loud sound with the pre-gain set to high. Is it ideal sound for the HE-6? I don't know. I haven't even tried it myself so I have no personal opinion on the matter.
Please do: "I was going to explain how some people think it can drive HE-6, and some people disagree. But never mind."
I will, if we see the original question ("Will the V200 drive the HE6?"), answer as follows - since the original questions omits any adjectives.
Will the V200 drive the HE-6 well - compared to other solutions? No. The V200 can´t compete with Mjolnir and dedicated stereo amps (Primare I32, Abrahamsen V2.0, Brio-R). However - it is not just W-output from the amp - it is so much more.
Q: Will the V200 drive the HE6?
Q: Will the V200 drive the HE6 - as good as a dedicated integrated stereo amp coupled to the speaker outputs?
Q: Will the V200 drive the HE6 to high volumes?
Q: Will the V200 drive the HE6 - and make the sound really engaging?
A: It depends on your source - but I would say that the Mjolnir / Gungnir comes very, very close to the stereo amp. So close in fact, that the Schiit stack is sufficient to any stereo amp
Edited by negura - 2/9/13 at 3:27pm
Just my experience (1 year+):
a) HE-6 plays music and comes alive with Shiit Mjolnir / Gungnir - compared to the aforementioned stereo amps
b) LCD-3: I love the LCD-2 on the V200 - but the LCD-3 needs something else. This is a nightmare to explain. The LCD-2 and the LCD-3 aren´t THAT different. The LCD-2 sounds fantastic with the V200 - the LCD-3 doesn´t. The LCD-2 is abs. fantastic via the Mjolnir - and so is the LCD-3. THe Mjolnir is relatively "bright & agile" sounding. That complements the LCD-3 - and for some of us also the LCD-2s
The V200 is fantastic with the Fostex TH-900. Abs. love the combo.
tl;dr - The Mjolnir is numero uno for LCD-3 - and the V200 is fantastic for TH-900 and LCD-2. If you have the LCD-34 and Mjolnir; the LCD-2 will come alive as well on the Mjolnir.
Edited by Loevhagen - 2/9/13 at 3:36pm
Off topic. But I so wish there was another U.S dealer than Robert at Aphrodite29cu. He is so hard to get a hold of. His email replies are really inconsistent. Especially before the purchase and after the purchase.
At least, that was my experience when I purchased the v200. Now I'm trying to purchase the v800 and wish there was another dealer. Too bad.
I ran the pre-gain at -6 with v200 volume fully clockwise and DAC volume somewhere in the middle -- sounded great !
- Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Which one(s) sound best? 3 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent DacAmp One - Introduction - Impressions Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.06beta-2.07beta download and discussion: ... 6 minutes ago
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)