Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Violectric Amps from Lake People coming - info from CEO Fried Riem Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JVC DX1000: should I get a TRAFOMATIC EXP. HEAD ONE or VIOLECTRIC HPA V200 or RUDISTOR RPX-33 ... Last post on 4/21/12 at 7:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Building my first Headphone Set UP Last post on 8/26/10 at 8:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need advices on choosing between hpa v200 and phonitor Last post on 5/22/10 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
- Headphone Impedance
Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp - Page 139
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Some people feel V200 is up to the task, others don't. Simple as that. There's no "right" answer to definitively say which of them is correct.
Obviously if you plug in the HE-6 you will get sound. Probably loud sound with the pre-gain set to high. Is it ideal sound for the HE-6? I don't know. I haven't even tried it myself so I have no personal opinion on the matter.
Please do: "I was going to explain how some people think it can drive HE-6, and some people disagree. But never mind."
I will, if we see the original question ("Will the V200 drive the HE6?"), answer as follows - since the original questions omits any adjectives.
Will the V200 drive the HE-6 well - compared to other solutions? No. The V200 can´t compete with Mjolnir and dedicated stereo amps (Primare I32, Abrahamsen V2.0, Brio-R). However - it is not just W-output from the amp - it is so much more.
Q: Will the V200 drive the HE6?
Q: Will the V200 drive the HE6 - as good as a dedicated integrated stereo amp coupled to the speaker outputs?
Q: Will the V200 drive the HE6 to high volumes?
Q: Will the V200 drive the HE6 - and make the sound really engaging?
A: It depends on your source - but I would say that the Mjolnir / Gungnir comes very, very close to the stereo amp. So close in fact, that the Schiit stack is sufficient to any stereo amp
Edited by negura - 2/9/13 at 3:27pm
Just my experience (1 year+):
a) HE-6 plays music and comes alive with Shiit Mjolnir / Gungnir - compared to the aforementioned stereo amps
b) LCD-3: I love the LCD-2 on the V200 - but the LCD-3 needs something else. This is a nightmare to explain. The LCD-2 and the LCD-3 aren´t THAT different. The LCD-2 sounds fantastic with the V200 - the LCD-3 doesn´t. The LCD-2 is abs. fantastic via the Mjolnir - and so is the LCD-3. THe Mjolnir is relatively "bright & agile" sounding. That complements the LCD-3 - and for some of us also the LCD-2s
The V200 is fantastic with the Fostex TH-900. Abs. love the combo.
tl;dr - The Mjolnir is numero uno for LCD-3 - and the V200 is fantastic for TH-900 and LCD-2. If you have the LCD-34 and Mjolnir; the LCD-2 will come alive as well on the Mjolnir.
Edited by Loevhagen - 2/9/13 at 3:36pm
Off topic. But I so wish there was another U.S dealer than Robert at Aphrodite29cu. He is so hard to get a hold of. His email replies are really inconsistent. Especially before the purchase and after the purchase.
At least, that was my experience when I purchased the v200. Now I'm trying to purchase the v800 and wish there was another dealer. Too bad.
I ran the pre-gain at -6 with v200 volume fully clockwise and DAC volume somewhere in the middle -- sounded great !
- Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Need something good for working out... 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - a review in progress: Factory visit pg 18. IMGS pg... 4 minutes ago
- › [Impression] Tralucent Audio T1 7 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 7 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] MEElectronics M-DUO: The Treasured IEMs Under $100 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO newsflash: James’ latest firmware update cures cancer (we hope) 8 minutes ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi