Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Violectric Amps from Lake People coming - info from CEO Fried Riem Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JVC DX1000: should I get a TRAFOMATIC EXP. HEAD ONE or VIOLECTRIC HPA V200 or RUDISTOR RPX-33 ... Last post on 4/21/12 at 7:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Building my first Headphone Set UP Last post on 8/26/10 at 8:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need advices on choosing between hpa v200 and phonitor Last post on 5/22/10 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
- Headphone Impedance
Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp - Page 139
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Can we take that as a 'Maybe' ?
LMAO . . .
Some people feel V200 is up to the task, others don't. Simple as that. There's no "right" answer to definitively say which of them is correct.
Obviously if you plug in the HE-6 you will get sound. Probably loud sound with the pre-gain set to high. Is it ideal sound for the HE-6? I don't know. I haven't even tried it myself so I have no personal opinion on the matter.
Please do: "I was going to explain how some people think it can drive HE-6, and some people disagree. But never mind."
I will, if we see the original question ("Will the V200 drive the HE6?"), answer as follows - since the original questions omits any adjectives.
Will the V200 drive the HE-6 well - compared to other solutions? No. The V200 can´t compete with Mjolnir and dedicated stereo amps (Primare I32, Abrahamsen V2.0, Brio-R). However - it is not just W-output from the amp - it is so much more.
Q: Will the V200 drive the HE6?
Q: Will the V200 drive the HE6 - as good as a dedicated integrated stereo amp coupled to the speaker outputs?
Q: Will the V200 drive the HE6 to high volumes?
Q: Will the V200 drive the HE6 - and make the sound really engaging?
A: It depends on your source - but I would say that the Mjolnir / Gungnir comes very, very close to the stereo amp. So close in fact, that the Schiit stack is sufficient to any stereo amp
Edited by negura - 2/9/13 at 3:27pm
Just my experience (1 year+):
a) HE-6 plays music and comes alive with Shiit Mjolnir / Gungnir - compared to the aforementioned stereo amps
b) LCD-3: I love the LCD-2 on the V200 - but the LCD-3 needs something else. This is a nightmare to explain. The LCD-2 and the LCD-3 aren´t THAT different. The LCD-2 sounds fantastic with the V200 - the LCD-3 doesn´t. The LCD-2 is abs. fantastic via the Mjolnir - and so is the LCD-3. THe Mjolnir is relatively "bright & agile" sounding. That complements the LCD-3 - and for some of us also the LCD-2s
The V200 is fantastic with the Fostex TH-900. Abs. love the combo.
tl;dr - The Mjolnir is numero uno for LCD-3 - and the V200 is fantastic for TH-900 and LCD-2. If you have the LCD-34 and Mjolnir; the LCD-2 will come alive as well on the Mjolnir.
Edited by Loevhagen - 2/9/13 at 3:36pm
Off topic. But I so wish there was another U.S dealer than Robert at Aphrodite29cu. He is so hard to get a hold of. His email replies are really inconsistent. Especially before the purchase and after the purchase.
At least, that was my experience when I purchased the v200. Now I'm trying to purchase the v800 and wish there was another dealer. Too bad.
I ran the pre-gain at -6 with v200 volume fully clockwise and DAC volume somewhere in the middle -- sounded great !
- Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 9 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 vs. Shure SE846: Which one is superior in terms... 16 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 32 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.8.0 33 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Garage1217 Project Solstice 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE6, Audeze LCD3 (F); Beyerdynamic T1; Denon d7000,... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2