Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp - Page 128

post #1906 of 2619
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyerlove View Post

It's really worth the price, and now I have to think about new DAC :)

Speaking of DAC, is anyone tempted on the schiit Modi?

I know this has been discussed recently but can anyone confirm that the add in DAC card for the violectric amps is worth the price of admission? Because in Australia it still turns out to be $15 more expensive for the add in card than buying the modi

post #1907 of 2619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anda View Post

 

The Tenor TE7022L works well on Linux, but as project86 said it won't accept 88.2KHz. The best USB receiver I've have tried is the XMOS, but prices start at around the same price as Violectric's built-in DAC (and this is only for digital-to-digital converter). I guess the cheapest DAC with XMOS is the Cambridge DacMagic 100.

 

How much is the Apex with VAT and shipping to Portugal?

 

Depending on the shipping option choosen, it can go from ~450 to 524USD.

No VAT is applied but there would be import fees when entering my country... unless I order by email, maybe.

But I'm already set on a used V100, which I'll buy in few hours. :)


Edited by kkl10 - 12/15/12 at 10:50pm
post #1908 of 2619
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyerlove View Post

HPA V200 is very good amp.  

much warmer, and slightly drier sound than my previous schiit Asgard.

resolution and detail, 3-Dish soundstage is greatly improved.

and harshness in treble on some of my Tesla beyers are much reduced. 

 

It's really worth the price, and now I have to think about new DAC :)

 

Nice thoughts. I, personally, would highly recommend the V800 DAC to complete your stack!

 

Between the V800 DAC and the V200 AMP, the V800 DAC is sonically, the star for me out of the two components..........


Edited by spkrs01 - 12/15/12 at 10:57pm
post #1909 of 2619
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoo View Post

Speaking of DAC, is anyone tempted on the schiit Modi?

I know this has been discussed recently but can anyone confirm that the add in DAC card for the violectric amps is worth the price of admission? Because in Australia it still turns out to be $15 more expensive for the add in card than buying the modi

 

I don't see why you would buy a $1000 amp and use a $100 DAC with it. I guess the built-in DAC is okay if you need a one-box solution, but I would use the money and some more on a quality DAC.

post #1910 of 2619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anda View Post

 

I don't see why you would buy a $1000 amp and use a $100 DAC with it. I guess the built-in DAC is okay if you need a one-box solution, but I would use the money and some more on a quality DAC.

I'm actually using the V100 amp not the V200. I only posted here because I couldn't find a thread for my amp. but thanks I will consider something else like the HRT MS II+

post #1911 of 2619
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

 

Nice thoughts. I, personally, would highly recommend the V800 DAC to complete your stack!


Thanks for recommendation.

I seriously consider buying V800 and started saving money for the DAC.

 

These days I find myself hurring home because I want to listen to V200's sound as soon as possible. V200 is that good :)

post #1912 of 2619
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyerlove View Post

HPA V200 is very good amp.  

much warmer, and slightly drier sound than my previous schiit Asgard.

resolution and detail, 3-Dish soundstage is greatly improved.

and harshness in treble on some of my Tesla beyers are much reduced. 

 

It's really worth the price, and now I have to think about new DAC :)


It's a never ending cycle isn't it?  I though I had everything set with my HD650.  Then I go an buy a HD800.  This prompted me to upgrade my headphone amp to the V200 and later on get a external power supply for my M-DAC.

post #1913 of 2619
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoo View Post

I'm actually using the V100 amp not the V200. I only posted here because I couldn't find a thread for my amp. but thanks I will consider something else like the HRT MS II+


Your V100 is not too shabby.  It's not much cheaper then a V200 either at $830usd.  I think your amp could definitely benefit from a better DAC.

post #1914 of 2619
Quote:
Originally Posted by hduong View Post


It's a never ending cycle isn't it?  I though I had everything set with my HD650.  Then I go an buy a HD800.  This prompted me to upgrade my headphone amp to the V200 and later on get a external power supply for my M-DAC.


LOL, True!

but you'll suddenly start to feel lonely if you find nothing to purchase for upgrade ;) 

post #1915 of 2619

Another v200 owner here shortly. Can't wait to test out my collection and listen to some tunes. 

post #1916 of 2619

Simply amazing amp. Drives the LCD-2 effortlessly with authority. Enjoyed the write-up.

post #1917 of 2619

In the past few weeks I'm confused. I feel the sound of LCD-2 r2+V200 exremely dark and congested. All instruments are one over another, the bass is overwhelming and lacks detail, this sound is anything but neutral. Using HD-800 with V200 for 3 days was as fresh air in my room. It's sibilant but has so much space and texture... Definitely V200 is for brighter headphones like HD-800, T1, K701...

I've never tried before, but V200+K701 is a killer combo for rock! Extreme dynamics and impact. And K701 HAS BASS! :)

post #1918 of 2619
Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post

In the past few weeks I'm confused. I feel the sound of LCD-2 r2+V200 exremely dark and congested. All instruments are one over another, the bass is overwhelming and lacks detail, this sound is anything but neutral. Using HD-800 with V200 for 3 days was as fresh air in my room. It's sibilant but has so much space and texture... Definitely V200 is for brighter headphones like HD-800, T1, K701...
I've never tried before, but V200+K701 is a killer combo for rock! Extreme dynamics and impact. And K701 HAS BASS! smily_headphones1.gif

If I didn't live in Singapore, I would have bought a LCD2 already. But it's hot and humid here all year long, I can't stand the earpads of LCD2.

I've been using V200 together with my HD800 and RS1, and I really like what i hear from these. The other phones I have are a pair of DT770/80 which also sound fantastic with V200, but I use them for movies mostly.

I know a lot guys said its never ending w this kind of hobbies, but to me I think I'm done with upgrading. Just try to find more time enjoying those musics I have smily_headphones1.gif
post #1919 of 2619
Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post

In the past few weeks I'm confused. I feel the sound of LCD-2 r2+V200 exremely dark and congested. All instruments are one over another, the bass is overwhelming and lacks detail, this sound is anything but neutral. Using HD-800 with V200 for 3 days was as fresh air in my room. It's sibilant but has so much space and texture... Definitely V200 is for brighter headphones like HD-800, T1, K701...

I've never tried before, but V200+K701 is a killer combo for rock! Extreme dynamics and impact. And K701 HAS BASS! :)

 

I was looking to buy the V200/V800 + LCD2 combo in the next few weeks, but your comment has stopped me dead in my tracks. I can't get a chance to demo any of them so it would be a blind buy from me. I was thinking for electronica, this would be a great match but apparently not. All I know is, I didn't like the sound from the Black Cube Linear and HD800 - it was far too bright for me.

 

I'm not quite sure what to do now.

 

edit: just to expand on this a little. Do you think it's the sound signature of the LCD-2 which you don't like or the V200+LCD-2 combo? From reading all of the comments on this thread, I'm slightly confused. People say the LCD-2 is warm, packs a lot bass but lacks soundstage, yet the V200 seems to have similar qualities. So my understanding would be that the V200/LCD2 (could?) be overly warm, too much bass and a limited soundstage - which appears to be what you're saying, but other say the match up is very good.

 

Urgh I too am confused.


Edited by yours truly - 12/22/12 at 7:31pm
post #1920 of 2619
Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post

In the past few weeks I'm confused. I feel the sound of LCD-2 r2+V200 exremely dark and congested. All instruments are one over another, the bass is overwhelming and lacks detail, this sound is anything but neutral. Using HD-800 with V200 for 3 days was as fresh air in my room. It's sibilant but has so much space and texture... Definitely V200 is for brighter headphones like HD-800, T1, K701...

I've never tried before, but V200+K701 is a killer combo for rock! Extreme dynamics and impact. And K701 HAS BASS! :)


Hmm I'd have to disagree with your impressions of the LCD2 and V200 paired up. I find the bass detailed and don't experience this overlapping of instruments. Subjective hobby is subjective.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp