Are the outputs in the amp controlled by the volume pot too, so that the amp can be used as a pre-amp for active speakers?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Violectric Amps from Lake People coming - info from CEO Fried Riem Last post on 9/13/11 at 1:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JVC DX1000: should I get a TRAFOMATIC EXP. HEAD ONE or VIOLECTRIC HPA V200 or RUDISTOR RPX-33 ... Last post on 4/21/12 at 7:39am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Building my first Headphone Set UP Last post on 8/26/10 at 8:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need advices on choosing between hpa v200 and phonitor Last post on 5/22/10 at 10:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp - Page 121post #1801 of 284711/20/12 at 12:15pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1802 of 284711/20/12 at 3:10pmpost #1803 of 284711/20/12 at 3:16pmQuote:
This is done with internal jumpers. You have to open up the device.post #1804 of 284711/20/12 at 3:37pm
Thanks. I was hoping it was on the outside. Robert is doing them for me before he ships it out.post #1805 of 284711/20/12 at 3:49pmpost #1806 of 284711/20/12 at 3:56pmQuote:
According to page 13 in the manual, it seems like it's a fixed line output.post #1807 of 284711/21/12 at 3:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Anda
According to page 13 in the manual, it seems like it's a fixed line output.
Dang it :( I guess no Violectrics for me then...post #1808 of 284711/21/12 at 2:58pmpost #1809 of 284711/24/12 at 8:58ampost #1810 of 284711/24/12 at 9:58amQuote:
The V800 / V200 combo accepts balanced interconnects. The Soloist doesn't. That would be a deal breaker for me.post #1811 of 284711/24/12 at 10:12ampost #1812 of 284711/24/12 at 11:17am
Would it not be a fair assumption to say that the v200 internal optional 24bit dac is comparable to the ODAC. The optional dac being $189 in the v200 case while the ODAC is $149 with it's own case?
I know the ODAC is a bargain but I'm again assuming that Violectrics must know what their doing, dac wise. Anyone have both to compare? Or even the Centrance dacport or Bifrost?
There's so little info about the internal dac accept few references to it being unusable. But most are comparing it to Dacs in the $1000-2000 range. Which is not a fair comparison.
So anyone?post #1813 of 284711/25/12 at 5:32am
How good will this amp be as an upgrade from the schiit lyr for my HD800? I also own the schiit bifrost and I am prolly upgrading to the v800 dac in the future. How much would I benefit from the V800 and are balanced outputs really worth it if you don't use balanced cables for your headphones?
Sorry for all of these questions, but I read this amp is prolly the best -1000€ amp for the HD800 which isn't a tube amp (god I hate the background noise of my Lyr)
Edited by LifeAspect - 11/25/12 at 5:37ampost #1814 of 284711/25/12 at 6:42amQuote:
When I setup my V200 I rapidly went from unbalanced RCA, to inexpensive balanced XLR, to expensive balanced XLR. Each step-up made a big difference. If you have a good DAC like the V800 I think balanced is the way to go.
EDIT: 'big difference' = very noticeable
Edited by Rico613 - 11/25/12 at 3:32pmpost #1815 of 284711/25/12 at 8:05amThread Starter
LifeAspect - if a black background is what you are after, free of any grit, hum, hiss, etc, the V200 is the one for you. It's absolutely dead silent, whether I used a 600 ohm T1, a difficult planar model, or a low impedance high sensitivity IEM. You can't even tell it's on but for the blue power LED.
- Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › AudioQuest - Cinnamon TosLink (Full to Mini, 1.5m) 21 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-1AMP 3 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 14 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 19 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 20 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 23 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 day ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 1 day ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 1 day ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 day ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear