New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earbud suggestions please!

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

Hello everyone, this is my first time making a thread here and I am starting by taking earbud suggestions. The IEMs i want need to be sound isolating. I have a budget of $70 and am willing to go a little higher if they are really good.

 

My criteria are as follows, from most important to least:

 

1. Sound quality

2. Durability

3. Comfort

 

I listen to a wide variety of music which includes rock, metal, pop, techno/electronic, hip hop, dubstep, and sometimes classical. I am not an expert at these things (earbuds) but I am willing to take any suggestions and maybe learn a few things.


Edited by MattMF - 4/24/11 at 2:51pm
post #2 of 12
Thread Starter 

I forgot to mention that these earbuds NEED to be sound isolating. Buds that Ive been looking at recently include the Bose in ear haedphones  on amazon, Klipsch S4, and Monster Turbine. After looking at these three for days and comparing them I said fk it and came here for help.





Apart from the topic, does anyone know how to get rid of the above two lines^^^, how to paste things, how I can view my cursor blinker, and how to create separate lines of text. A guide would be nice :)

post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 

All better :) (Still need suggestions though)

post #4 of 12

Take a look around here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-162-iems-compared-kozee-infinity-x1-earsonics-sm2-added-04-16

 

From what I've read Bose, Monster, and Klipsch are all overrated/hyped mainstream IEMs for their price range.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMF View Post

I forgot to mention that these earbuds NEED to be sound isolating. Buds that Ive been looking at recently include the Bose in ear haedphones  on amazon, Klipsch S4, and Monster Turbine. After looking at these three for days and comparing them I said fk it and came here for help.





Apart from the topic, does anyone know how to get rid of the above two lines^^^, how to paste things, how I can view my cursor blinker, and how to create separate lines of text. A guide would be nice :)



 

post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 

Yes! Thank you. After trolling the site for a while I found this link and have been doing a bit of picking and choosing for the past half an hour or so.

 

This is what I have:

 

 

name
 
price, build, isolation, microphonics, comfort, sound
 
-------------------------------
 
Head-Direct RE0
 
$79, 4, 3.5, 3.5, 4, 8.8
 
Sunrise SW-Xcape
 
$80, 4, 4, 4, 4.5, 8.6
 
--------------------------------
 
Fischer Audio Silver Bullet
 
$67.50, 3, 3.5, 3.5, 3.5, 8.2
 
Xears TD-III
 
$60, 3.5, 4, 4, 4, 7.7
 
Fischer Audio Eterna
 
$67.49, 4, 4, 4, 4, 7.8
 
--------------------------------
 
Any more suggestions on which may be the (best deal)/(best for me)?
post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 

I've taken some out of my list and added "value" to one of the criterion:

 

 

name
 
price, build, isolation, microphonics, comfort, sound
 
-------------------------------
 
Head-Direct RE0
 
$79, 4, 3.5, 3.5, 4, 8.8 value: 10/10
 
Sunrise SW-Xcape
 
$80, 4, 4, 4, 4.5, 8.6 value 10/10
 
--------------------------------
 
Fischer Audio Silver Bullet
 
$67.50, 3, 3.5, 3.5, 3.5, 8.2 value: 8/10
 
Xears TD-III
 
$60, 3.5, 4, 4, 4, 7.7 value: 9/10
 
Fischer Audio Eterna
 
$67.49, 4, 4, 4, 4, 7.8 value: value: 9/10
--------------------------------
 
As you can see, I've separated them into two groups, an $80 range and the $60 ~ $70 range, the $80 range obviously having the better sound quality. You might not know why at first (because of its low marks), but I kept the silver bullet up for having such high sound quality for its price range. Again, any suggestions are welcome.
post #7 of 12

I know the RE0, Xcape, and TD-III are all great, but I would put the MEElectronics A151 on the list also. I was looking at a similar performance and price range as you before pulling the trigger on the A151. I haven't received it yet though, so I can't comment on it from personal experience.

post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 

Ive decided that I want the Sunrise SW-Xcapes. All thats left is buying them now.

 

Apparently the only place these things are sold is in Singapore; I'm guessing that's where they're made.

 

I can either buy from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sunrise-Sw-Xcape-Ver-2-Sunrise-Audio-/220760337299?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3366576b93#ht_517wt_1139

 

or their website, which I believe is cheaper:

http://www.lendmeurears.com/?page_id=582

 

I've never bought anything from Singapore, and don't know if this is legit or not. Anyone got any experience with this. Sorry if this is starting to sound bothersome.

post #9 of 12

I got the Version 2 from the lendmeurears site, they are reliable although the shipping time was long for me (3 weeks US East Coast). Please do yourself a favor and wait for the Impressive Edition to come out (actually should be available now in Ebay UK). The sound quality on the Impressive Edition surpasses Version 2 and possibly the first version.

 

I am saying this because the Version 2s were a lot different from the original Sw-xcape and several people (myself included) were disappointed with the difference in sound quality. Although I am not sure if you are into a warm and thick sound signature.  

post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMF View Post

Ive decided that I want the Sunrise SW-Xcapes. All thats left is buying them now.

 

Apparently the only place these things are sold is in Singapore; I'm guessing that's where they're made.

 

I can either buy from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sunrise-Sw-Xcape-Ver-2-Sunrise-Audio-/220760337299?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3366576b93#ht_517wt_1139

 

or their website, which I believe is cheaper:

http://www.lendmeurears.com/?page_id=582

 

I've never bought anything from Singapore, and don't know if this is legit or not. Anyone got any experience with this. Sorry if this is starting to sound bothersome.


Don't get the xcape v1, wait and get the xcape impressive edition instead, they sound better than the v1 and much better than the v2, but the price may be a bit higher
post #11 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neosk View Post

I got the Version 2 from the lendmeurears site, they are reliable although the shipping time was long for me (3 weeks US East Coast). Please do yourself a favor and wait for the Impressive Edition to come out (actually should be available now in Ebay UK). The sound quality on the Impressive Edition surpasses Version 2 and possibly the first version.

 

I am saying this because the Version 2s were a lot different from the original Sw-xcape and several people (myself included) were disappointed with the difference in sound quality. Although I am not sure if you are into a warm and thick sound signature.  



The impressives cost too much. 59 pounds which translates to $100. Isnt there any way to buy the ver 1s? If not ill just stick with the RE0s.

post #12 of 12

I think in that case you should get the RE0s. I am not sure when the Impressive Editions will come to a price in the US similar to the originals. Also I doubt that vendors still sell the originals anymore since they are discontinued(Unless you find a head-fier willing to sell theirs). Some vendors may say they are selling the V1s but they might give you the V2s so don't take that risk.

 

RE0s I heard have a similar quality in sound just in a different flavor(more analytical). Also they are much more assessable to buy if you live in the US.

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: