I found in many forum about SU-DH1 has not so good Amp but Astro is also not quite support for movie.Anybody know which one is fit best with Sennheiser RS180 for 5.1 Hi-def movies with iXtreamer? I could not get any information where to get these two in England espectually SU-DH1. And another thing I have asked guy from Richer sound about Sennheiser RS180 for Surround sound decorder. He said that RS 180 already produce surround sound, so no need for SU-DH1 or Astro A40? What 's meaning by that? Anyone can tell different between w/wo surround decorder for RS180?
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSennheiser RS 180 Wireless headphones with docking stationtagged by System, 4/25/11
- brandTurtle Beachtagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Circumaural headphone pain Last post on 7/4/12 at 9:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser RS220 Availability? Last post on 5/25/15 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The left speaker of my Sennheiser RS180 is demaged. How do I change it? Last post on 9/13/11 at 2:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Movie headphones for noob (Sennheiser? Beyerdynamic? AKG?) Last post on 9/12/11 at 6:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- have hd555 looking at rs180 Last post on 2/15/12 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
SU-DH1 or Astro for RS180?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 84/25/11 at 3:24amThread Starterpost #3 of 84/25/11 at 6:24amSU-DH1 and Astro do dolby headphone, which is taking a native 5.1 digital and turning it into 2.0 for stereo headphones. RS180 already has 5.1 support in them.
Two different things you're looking at there.
Aside from SU-DH1 and Astro, there's also the Turtle Beach DSS, which does the exact same thing.post #4 of 84/25/11 at 3:50pm
I also wonder which of these devices are perhaps the best one, I know the processing should be similar but features and amp specs vary which are the interesting things. The Turtle Beach one looks quite interesting.post #5 of 84/25/11 at 4:09pmFor gaming the mixamp would be best. It's got the volume knob that allows you to control the game volume vs chat volume. Very handy if you get into lobbies where people are very loud.post #6 of 84/27/11 at 6:41amThread Starterpost #7 of 84/27/11 at 6:58amActually I did some research and no, there is no 5.1 decoder in that receiver. So misleading, they really shouldn't market these as digital surround sound wireless headphones.
So yeah, if you want dolby headphone you'd have to get one of those 3. I think mixamp is good. I haven't read a bad review on it.post #8 of 84/27/11 at 9:36pmThread Starter
If I use mainly for movies with 5.1 DTH sound from HDplayer, Best one still Mixamp? Are you live in Hongkong? I'm actually live in Thailand, but there is no where all of these can be found? Where have you purchase in Hongkong? Maybe I will try to visit Hongkong to get one.
- SU-DH1 or Astro for RS180?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 5 seconds ago
- › CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Modi and Magni comparison to Bifrost and Asgard 2 minutes ago
- › Which Headphones Should I Buy? 3 minutes ago
- › Interest Check - Chicago Meet Continuance - August 8th at Tweak Studio 5 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 5 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)