I found in many forum about SU-DH1 has not so good Amp but Astro is also not quite support for movie.Anybody know which one is fit best with Sennheiser RS180 for 5.1 Hi-def movies with iXtreamer? I could not get any information where to get these two in England espectually SU-DH1. And another thing I have asked guy from Richer sound about Sennheiser RS180 for Surround sound decorder. He said that RS 180 already produce surround sound, so no need for SU-DH1 or Astro A40? What 's meaning by that? Anyone can tell different between w/wo surround decorder for RS180?
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSennheiser RS 180 Wireless headphones with docking stationtagged by System, 4/25/11
- brandTurtle Beachtagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Circumaural headphone pain Last post on 7/4/12 at 9:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser RS220 Availability? Last post on 8/4/16 at 7:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- The left speaker of my Sennheiser RS180 is demaged. How do I change it? Last post on 9/13/11 at 2:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Movie headphones for noob (Sennheiser? Beyerdynamic? AKG?) Last post on 9/12/11 at 6:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- have hd555 looking at rs180 Last post on 2/15/12 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The iFi Audio Micro iDSD was sent to me by iFi with help from their Norwegian distributor Audioaktøren for the purpose of doing this review and including it in my recently started $250+ amp/DAC...
This is pretty much the same weightless, rickety, tiny player apparently offered by Kogan, oRiver, Ritmix, etc. It comes decently boxed with a soft pouch, USB cable, and nice looking (if...
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
SU-DH1 or Astro for RS180?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 84/25/11 at 3:24amThread Starterpost #3 of 84/25/11 at 6:24amSU-DH1 and Astro do dolby headphone, which is taking a native 5.1 digital and turning it into 2.0 for stereo headphones. RS180 already has 5.1 support in them.
Two different things you're looking at there.
Aside from SU-DH1 and Astro, there's also the Turtle Beach DSS, which does the exact same thing.post #4 of 84/25/11 at 3:50pm
I also wonder which of these devices are perhaps the best one, I know the processing should be similar but features and amp specs vary which are the interesting things. The Turtle Beach one looks quite interesting.post #5 of 84/25/11 at 4:09pmFor gaming the mixamp would be best. It's got the volume knob that allows you to control the game volume vs chat volume. Very handy if you get into lobbies where people are very loud.post #6 of 84/27/11 at 6:41amThread Starterpost #7 of 84/27/11 at 6:58amActually I did some research and no, there is no 5.1 decoder in that receiver. So misleading, they really shouldn't market these as digital surround sound wireless headphones.
So yeah, if you want dolby headphone you'd have to get one of those 3. I think mixamp is good. I haven't read a bad review on it.post #8 of 84/27/11 at 9:36pmThread Starter
If I use mainly for movies with 5.1 DTH sound from HDplayer, Best one still Mixamp? Are you live in Hongkong? I'm actually live in Thailand, but there is no where all of these can be found? Where have you purchase in Hongkong? Maybe I will try to visit Hongkong to get one.
- SU-DH1 or Astro for RS180?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Salt Lake City Meet: October 15, 2016 49 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 58 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › A.B.S. Fostex Hifi-man Franken-build. 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by peter123
- › Basic M90 by Lad3
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...