I found in many forum about SU-DH1 has not so good Amp but Astro is also not quite support for movie.Anybody know which one is fit best with Sennheiser RS180 for 5.1 Hi-def movies with iXtreamer? I could not get any information where to get these two in England espectually SU-DH1. And another thing I have asked guy from Richer sound about Sennheiser RS180 for Surround sound decorder. He said that RS 180 already produce surround sound, so no need for SU-DH1 or Astro A40? What 's meaning by that? Anyone can tell different between w/wo surround decorder for RS180?
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSennheiser RS 180 Wireless headphones with docking stationtagged by System, 4/25/11
- brandTurtle Beachtagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- Circumaural headphone pain Last post on 7/4/12 at 9:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser RS220 Availability? Last post on 6/21/14 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- The left speaker of my Sennheiser RS180 is demaged. How do I change it? Last post on 9/13/11 at 2:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Movie headphones for noob (Sennheiser? Beyerdynamic? AKG?) Last post on 9/12/11 at 6:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- have hd555 looking at rs180 Last post on 2/15/12 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
SU-DH1 or Astro for RS180?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 84/25/11 at 3:24amThread Starterpost #3 of 84/25/11 at 6:24amSU-DH1 and Astro do dolby headphone, which is taking a native 5.1 digital and turning it into 2.0 for stereo headphones. RS180 already has 5.1 support in them.
Two different things you're looking at there.
Aside from SU-DH1 and Astro, there's also the Turtle Beach DSS, which does the exact same thing.post #4 of 84/25/11 at 3:50pm
I also wonder which of these devices are perhaps the best one, I know the processing should be similar but features and amp specs vary which are the interesting things. The Turtle Beach one looks quite interesting.post #5 of 84/25/11 at 4:09pmFor gaming the mixamp would be best. It's got the volume knob that allows you to control the game volume vs chat volume. Very handy if you get into lobbies where people are very loud.post #6 of 84/27/11 at 6:41amThread Starterpost #7 of 84/27/11 at 6:58amActually I did some research and no, there is no 5.1 decoder in that receiver. So misleading, they really shouldn't market these as digital surround sound wireless headphones.
So yeah, if you want dolby headphone you'd have to get one of those 3. I think mixamp is good. I haven't read a bad review on it.post #8 of 84/27/11 at 9:36pmThread Starter
If I use mainly for movies with 5.1 DTH sound from HDplayer, Best one still Mixamp? Are you live in Hongkong? I'm actually live in Thailand, but there is no where all of these can be found? Where have you purchase in Hongkong? Maybe I will try to visit Hongkong to get one.
- SU-DH1 or Astro for RS180?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Why are there so many high priced items for sale from Head Fi'ers... 23 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 28 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Astrotec AX60 42 seconds ago
- › Cable TV meets the internet 54 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 1 minute ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 2 minutes ago
- › Techno 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-06-30) 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 Studio owners please share your experience 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)