Radius DDM is great for Jazz
- productCowon D2 - 16 GB Portable Multimedia Player (Black)tagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/22/11
- productJVC Marshmallow Earbuds - Blue (HAFX34A)tagged by System, 4/22/11
- productShure SE215 Blacktagged by System, 4/22/11
- productWestone ES 2tagged by System, 4/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help choosing between my top 3 seeds: Jays Q-jays, UE700s and Phonak Audeo PF 012 (perfect bass) Last post on 11/30/10 at 1:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is there a Q-jays appreciation thread? Last post on 6/28/11 at 3:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Three Driver Universal - The End Of The Line? Last post on 11/15/10 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone try Q-jays AND Fischer DBA-02's? Last post on 8/28/10 at 6:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help can't decide Last post on 8/27/10 at 3:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Related Head Gear
- JAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (Black)No review yet.
- JAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (Sea...No review yet.
- JAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones...No review yet.
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM's to fall asleep with - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was just about to make a thread like this. Its nice to find one with replies already in it.
I love falling asleep with headphones in. But the tip on my JVCs keeps falling off and getting stuck way down in my ear. And that's not fun to deal with when your half asleep at 3 AM. So in addition to OPs criteria as far as comfort, are there any headphones that hold on to their tip very well.
Not trying to thread-jack, I just don't want to make a whole new thread for a slightly different question.
I would recommend purchasing a pair of earbuds. Honestly, the pressure buildup with an IEM may cause damage or infection (if your tips are dirty) to your ear if used nonstop for hours.
I sleep on my side with the UM3X and with the W1 and UM1 being smaller I think that would work for you.
Also I've been thinking about getting some CHEAP phones for sleeping though. No use risking damage to a high end set.
Something like the JVC Marshmallows they sell at walmart etc?
Thanks a lot for all your help, guys. This is more than what I was hoping for.
And yeah, since I already sleep with my stock earbuds, and I know those are pretty comfortable to be used on your side then I might just go with another pair of these. Although, I really would like to have something with a little better sound quality. Is there anything in earbud route that sound really good? I don't want to go too high end, because like T78Power said, no use in damaging an expensive pair just to sleep with.
Think I might get a pair of Westone's just for all around use(maybe, I prefer cans for this type of listening), and then a pair of earbuds to sleep with.
Well, these aren't earbuds but some cheap in ears I'm considering for use when sleeping.
I think the soundmagic PL50s are perfect. They fit really flat in your ear, and have a flat outer casing. You can sleep on your side no problem. As an added bonus, they're relatively cheap so you wouldn't have to worry too much about breaking them by sleeping on them. I personally wouldn't wear really expensive headphones to sleep, but I guess that'd be up to you.
Nice recommendation, theleonlion! I forgot that Sennheiser makes a small line of ear buds. And on Amazon the MX580's aren't expensive at all(about $30).
As for the PL50's, those look like they might not be all that comfortable to sleep in. And where in the US are the 9Wave's sold? I can't find them or a price.
By the way, how is the sound quality of the MX580's? They gotta be a step up from stock ear buds, right(eventhough I think my stock Cowon buds sound way better than stock iPod buds)?
EDIT: Oh wait, what am I thinking? I have a pair of Sennheiser CX 300-II's that I thought sounded absolutely fantastic for the price. But I accidentally through them in a candle, and one side got doused with wax and no longer work. And since I don't have the receipt anymore(bought them in a store a couple years ago) I can't get them replaced. I'll pop those in and lay down and see how they fell. They don't portrude out of the ear really none at all. So as long as those feel ok then maybe I'll get another pair off of Amazon.
Anyone have any experience with the CX300-B's? They're only $30.
Edited by h8uthemost - 4/23/11 at 8:31am
- IEM's to fall asleep with
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Live gig shots 18 seconds ago
- › k1000 owners club 20 seconds ago
- › Bravo Audio Ocean amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Two new HifiMan players announced: HM700 and HM802 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › All-round Headphones for Indoor use <US$100 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi