Radius DDM is great for Jazz
- productCowon D2 - 16 GB Portable Multimedia Player (Black)tagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/22/11
- productJVC Marshmallow Earbuds - Blue (HAFX34A)tagged by System, 4/22/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 4/22/11
- productWestone ES 2tagged by System, 4/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help choosing between my top 3 seeds: Jays Q-jays, UE700s and Phonak Audeo PF 012 (perfect bass) Last post on 11/30/10 at 1:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is there a Q-jays appreciation thread? Last post on 6/28/11 at 3:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Three Driver Universal - The End Of The Line? Last post on 11/15/10 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone try Q-jays AND Fischer DBA-02's? Last post on 8/28/10 at 6:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help can't decide Last post on 8/27/10 at 3:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM's to fall asleep with - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was just about to make a thread like this. Its nice to find one with replies already in it.
I love falling asleep with headphones in. But the tip on my JVCs keeps falling off and getting stuck way down in my ear. And that's not fun to deal with when your half asleep at 3 AM. So in addition to OPs criteria as far as comfort, are there any headphones that hold on to their tip very well.
Not trying to thread-jack, I just don't want to make a whole new thread for a slightly different question.
I would recommend purchasing a pair of earbuds. Honestly, the pressure buildup with an IEM may cause damage or infection (if your tips are dirty) to your ear if used nonstop for hours.
I sleep on my side with the UM3X and with the W1 and UM1 being smaller I think that would work for you.
Also I've been thinking about getting some CHEAP phones for sleeping though. No use risking damage to a high end set.
Something like the JVC Marshmallows they sell at walmart etc?
Thanks a lot for all your help, guys. This is more than what I was hoping for.
And yeah, since I already sleep with my stock earbuds, and I know those are pretty comfortable to be used on your side then I might just go with another pair of these. Although, I really would like to have something with a little better sound quality. Is there anything in earbud route that sound really good? I don't want to go too high end, because like T78Power said, no use in damaging an expensive pair just to sleep with.
Think I might get a pair of Westone's just for all around use(maybe, I prefer cans for this type of listening), and then a pair of earbuds to sleep with.
Well, these aren't earbuds but some cheap in ears I'm considering for use when sleeping.
I think the soundmagic PL50s are perfect. They fit really flat in your ear, and have a flat outer casing. You can sleep on your side no problem. As an added bonus, they're relatively cheap so you wouldn't have to worry too much about breaking them by sleeping on them. I personally wouldn't wear really expensive headphones to sleep, but I guess that'd be up to you.
Nice recommendation, theleonlion! I forgot that Sennheiser makes a small line of ear buds. And on Amazon the MX580's aren't expensive at all(about $30).
As for the PL50's, those look like they might not be all that comfortable to sleep in. And where in the US are the 9Wave's sold? I can't find them or a price.
By the way, how is the sound quality of the MX580's? They gotta be a step up from stock ear buds, right(eventhough I think my stock Cowon buds sound way better than stock iPod buds)?
EDIT: Oh wait, what am I thinking? I have a pair of Sennheiser CX 300-II's that I thought sounded absolutely fantastic for the price. But I accidentally through them in a candle, and one side got doused with wax and no longer work. And since I don't have the receipt anymore(bought them in a store a couple years ago) I can't get them replaced. I'll pop those in and lay down and see how they fell. They don't portrude out of the ear really none at all. So as long as those feel ok then maybe I'll get another pair off of Amazon.
Anyone have any experience with the CX300-B's? They're only $30.
Edited by h8uthemost - 4/23/11 at 8:31am
- IEM's to fall asleep with
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Trade my Ultrasone pro 900 for your denon ah-d5000 7 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Does Dolby Headphone virtualize 7.1 or 5.1 ? 5 minutes ago
- › Any audiophiles that listen to dubstep? 7 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 8 minutes ago
- › Name our latest soon to be released product from ROCK JAW 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › FS: Synergistic Research USB Active SE Cable 1M 10 minutes ago
- › HiFiman RE-400 or Yamaha EPH-100? 11 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)