Radius DDM is great for Jazz
Related Forum Threads
- Help choosing between my top 3 seeds: Jays Q-jays, UE700s and Phonak Audeo PF 012 (perfect bass) Last post on 11/30/10 at 1:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is there a Q-jays appreciation thread? Last post on 6/28/11 at 3:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Three Driver Universal - The End Of The Line? Last post on 11/15/10 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone try Q-jays AND Fischer DBA-02's? Last post on 8/28/10 at 6:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help can't decide Last post on 8/27/10 at 3:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
1) Initial Impression The silver cable is very well made, a great product from Singapore. The sleeves feel very smooth with no rubbery texture. The audio jack and the Y splitter is the standard...
Introduction – Although they are the highest terms of numbering, the R2000DB still occupy the second highest performance bracket just below the S1000DB. With a considerably increased asking price,...
IEM's to fall asleep with - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 534/22/11 at 3:22pmpost #18 of 534/22/11 at 7:16pmpost #19 of 534/22/11 at 8:10pm
I was just about to make a thread like this. Its nice to find one with replies already in it.
I love falling asleep with headphones in. But the tip on my JVCs keeps falling off and getting stuck way down in my ear. And that's not fun to deal with when your half asleep at 3 AM. So in addition to OPs criteria as far as comfort, are there any headphones that hold on to their tip very well.
Not trying to thread-jack, I just don't want to make a whole new thread for a slightly different question.post #20 of 534/22/11 at 8:20pmpost #21 of 534/22/11 at 8:34pmpost #22 of 534/22/11 at 10:43pm
I would recommend purchasing a pair of earbuds. Honestly, the pressure buildup with an IEM may cause damage or infection (if your tips are dirty) to your ear if used nonstop for hours.post #23 of 534/23/11 at 12:49am
I sleep on my side with the UM3X and with the W1 and UM1 being smaller I think that would work for you.
Also I've been thinking about getting some CHEAP phones for sleeping though. No use risking damage to a high end set.
Something like the JVC Marshmallows they sell at walmart etc?post #24 of 534/23/11 at 1:57ampost #25 of 534/23/11 at 4:43amThread Starter
Thanks a lot for all your help, guys. This is more than what I was hoping for.
And yeah, since I already sleep with my stock earbuds, and I know those are pretty comfortable to be used on your side then I might just go with another pair of these. Although, I really would like to have something with a little better sound quality. Is there anything in earbud route that sound really good? I don't want to go too high end, because like T78Power said, no use in damaging an expensive pair just to sleep with.
Think I might get a pair of Westone's just for all around use(maybe, I prefer cans for this type of listening), and then a pair of earbuds to sleep with.
Thanks again.post #26 of 534/23/11 at 5:58am
Well, these aren't earbuds but some cheap in ears I'm considering for use when sleeping.post #27 of 534/23/11 at 6:58ampost #28 of 534/23/11 at 7:39ampost #29 of 534/23/11 at 7:45am
I think the soundmagic PL50s are perfect. They fit really flat in your ear, and have a flat outer casing. You can sleep on your side no problem. As an added bonus, they're relatively cheap so you wouldn't have to worry too much about breaking them by sleeping on them. I personally wouldn't wear really expensive headphones to sleep, but I guess that'd be up to you.post #30 of 534/23/11 at 8:22amThread Starter
Nice recommendation, theleonlion! I forgot that Sennheiser makes a small line of ear buds. And on Amazon the MX580's aren't expensive at all(about $30).
As for the PL50's, those look like they might not be all that comfortable to sleep in. And where in the US are the 9Wave's sold? I can't find them or a price.
By the way, how is the sound quality of the MX580's? They gotta be a step up from stock ear buds, right(eventhough I think my stock Cowon buds sound way better than stock iPod buds)?
EDIT: Oh wait, what am I thinking? I have a pair of Sennheiser CX 300-II's that I thought sounded absolutely fantastic for the price. But I accidentally through them in a candle, and one side got doused with wax and no longer work. And since I don't have the receipt anymore(bought them in a store a couple years ago) I can't get them replaced. I'll pop those in and lay down and see how they fell. They don't portrude out of the ear really none at all. So as long as those feel ok then maybe I'll get another pair off of Amazon.
Anyone have any experience with the CX300-B's? They're only $30.
Edited by h8uthemost - 4/23/11 at 8:31amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's to fall asleep with
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview 25 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 43 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 2 minutes ago
- › FX-Audio DAC-X6 initial impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Breaking News: HE1000 V2 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear