Radius DDM is great for Jazz
- productCowon D2 - 16 GB Portable Multimedia Player (Black)tagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/22/11
- productJVC Marshmallow Earbuds - Blue (HAFX34A)tagged by System, 4/22/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 4/22/11
- productWestone ES 2tagged by System, 4/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help choosing between my top 3 seeds: Jays Q-jays, UE700s and Phonak Audeo PF 012 (perfect bass) Last post on 11/30/10 at 1:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is there a Q-jays appreciation thread? Last post on 6/28/11 at 3:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Three Driver Universal - The End Of The Line? Last post on 11/15/10 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone try Q-jays AND Fischer DBA-02's? Last post on 8/28/10 at 6:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help can't decide Last post on 8/27/10 at 3:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM's to fall asleep with - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was just about to make a thread like this. Its nice to find one with replies already in it.
I love falling asleep with headphones in. But the tip on my JVCs keeps falling off and getting stuck way down in my ear. And that's not fun to deal with when your half asleep at 3 AM. So in addition to OPs criteria as far as comfort, are there any headphones that hold on to their tip very well.
Not trying to thread-jack, I just don't want to make a whole new thread for a slightly different question.
I would recommend purchasing a pair of earbuds. Honestly, the pressure buildup with an IEM may cause damage or infection (if your tips are dirty) to your ear if used nonstop for hours.
I sleep on my side with the UM3X and with the W1 and UM1 being smaller I think that would work for you.
Also I've been thinking about getting some CHEAP phones for sleeping though. No use risking damage to a high end set.
Something like the JVC Marshmallows they sell at walmart etc?
Thanks a lot for all your help, guys. This is more than what I was hoping for.
And yeah, since I already sleep with my stock earbuds, and I know those are pretty comfortable to be used on your side then I might just go with another pair of these. Although, I really would like to have something with a little better sound quality. Is there anything in earbud route that sound really good? I don't want to go too high end, because like T78Power said, no use in damaging an expensive pair just to sleep with.
Think I might get a pair of Westone's just for all around use(maybe, I prefer cans for this type of listening), and then a pair of earbuds to sleep with.
Well, these aren't earbuds but some cheap in ears I'm considering for use when sleeping.
I think the soundmagic PL50s are perfect. They fit really flat in your ear, and have a flat outer casing. You can sleep on your side no problem. As an added bonus, they're relatively cheap so you wouldn't have to worry too much about breaking them by sleeping on them. I personally wouldn't wear really expensive headphones to sleep, but I guess that'd be up to you.
Nice recommendation, theleonlion! I forgot that Sennheiser makes a small line of ear buds. And on Amazon the MX580's aren't expensive at all(about $30).
As for the PL50's, those look like they might not be all that comfortable to sleep in. And where in the US are the 9Wave's sold? I can't find them or a price.
By the way, how is the sound quality of the MX580's? They gotta be a step up from stock ear buds, right(eventhough I think my stock Cowon buds sound way better than stock iPod buds)?
EDIT: Oh wait, what am I thinking? I have a pair of Sennheiser CX 300-II's that I thought sounded absolutely fantastic for the price. But I accidentally through them in a candle, and one side got doused with wax and no longer work. And since I don't have the receipt anymore(bought them in a store a couple years ago) I can't get them replaced. I'll pop those in and lay down and see how they fell. They don't portrude out of the ear really none at all. So as long as those feel ok then maybe I'll get another pair off of Amazon.
Anyone have any experience with the CX300-B's? They're only $30.
Edited by h8uthemost - 4/23/11 at 8:31am
- IEM's to fall asleep with
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit we'd like to see 42 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 1 minute ago
- › Help with buying Headphones/In ears 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › Dutch Headphone Meet 2014 (Germans & Belgians welcome!) 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › ATH-M50x, ATH-M40x, V-moda crossfade M80 or Sennheiser PX 360? 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Best noise isolating AND cancelling headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob