Radius DDM is great for Jazz
Related Forum Threads
- Help choosing between my top 3 seeds: Jays Q-jays, UE700s and Phonak Audeo PF 012 (perfect bass) Last post on 11/30/10 at 1:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is there a Q-jays appreciation thread? Last post on 6/28/11 at 3:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Three Driver Universal - The End Of The Line? Last post on 11/15/10 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone try Q-jays AND Fischer DBA-02's? Last post on 8/28/10 at 6:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help can't decide Last post on 8/27/10 at 3:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM's to fall asleep with - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was just about to make a thread like this. Its nice to find one with replies already in it.
I love falling asleep with headphones in. But the tip on my JVCs keeps falling off and getting stuck way down in my ear. And that's not fun to deal with when your half asleep at 3 AM. So in addition to OPs criteria as far as comfort, are there any headphones that hold on to their tip very well.
Not trying to thread-jack, I just don't want to make a whole new thread for a slightly different question.
I would recommend purchasing a pair of earbuds. Honestly, the pressure buildup with an IEM may cause damage or infection (if your tips are dirty) to your ear if used nonstop for hours.
I sleep on my side with the UM3X and with the W1 and UM1 being smaller I think that would work for you.
Also I've been thinking about getting some CHEAP phones for sleeping though. No use risking damage to a high end set.
Something like the JVC Marshmallows they sell at walmart etc?
Thanks a lot for all your help, guys. This is more than what I was hoping for.
And yeah, since I already sleep with my stock earbuds, and I know those are pretty comfortable to be used on your side then I might just go with another pair of these. Although, I really would like to have something with a little better sound quality. Is there anything in earbud route that sound really good? I don't want to go too high end, because like T78Power said, no use in damaging an expensive pair just to sleep with.
Think I might get a pair of Westone's just for all around use(maybe, I prefer cans for this type of listening), and then a pair of earbuds to sleep with.
Well, these aren't earbuds but some cheap in ears I'm considering for use when sleeping.
I think the soundmagic PL50s are perfect. They fit really flat in your ear, and have a flat outer casing. You can sleep on your side no problem. As an added bonus, they're relatively cheap so you wouldn't have to worry too much about breaking them by sleeping on them. I personally wouldn't wear really expensive headphones to sleep, but I guess that'd be up to you.
Nice recommendation, theleonlion! I forgot that Sennheiser makes a small line of ear buds. And on Amazon the MX580's aren't expensive at all(about $30).
As for the PL50's, those look like they might not be all that comfortable to sleep in. And where in the US are the 9Wave's sold? I can't find them or a price.
By the way, how is the sound quality of the MX580's? They gotta be a step up from stock ear buds, right(eventhough I think my stock Cowon buds sound way better than stock iPod buds)?
EDIT: Oh wait, what am I thinking? I have a pair of Sennheiser CX 300-II's that I thought sounded absolutely fantastic for the price. But I accidentally through them in a candle, and one side got doused with wax and no longer work. And since I don't have the receipt anymore(bought them in a store a couple years ago) I can't get them replaced. I'll pop those in and lay down and see how they fell. They don't portrude out of the ear really none at all. So as long as those feel ok then maybe I'll get another pair off of Amazon.
Anyone have any experience with the CX300-B's? They're only $30.
Edited by h8uthemost - 4/23/11 at 8:31am
- IEM's to fall asleep with
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 29 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Any meets in the Wisconsin Area? (Milwaukee, Madison, Fox Valley,... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 3 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Spacious Cups? 4 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2