Great comparison Jude. I have to say that in the very short time I had listening to your 1350, the bass and lower mid-bass didn't blow me away when driven by my Cowon S9, and I can definitely see why you'd recommend the Sennheiser for high energy music genres that need a very solid foundation. The Beyer sounded very good from what I recall with an acoustic track though. At some point I'll need to get a pair to compare to my HD650 on my HM-801 - see what a little more juice and refinement from the source can do for them.
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 4/21/11
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 4/21/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 4/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD25-1 ii Amperior vs Beyerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/6/13 at 1:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1-II with a new cable vs amperior and dt1350 Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1-II with a new cable vs amperior and dt1350 Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1-II with a new cable vs amperior and dt1350 Last post on 1/29/13 at 3:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggest on-ear with OK isolation Last post on 12/29/12 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Hi my name is Andrew Reddog Jones, I have been into this fantastic hobby for almost two years. I mostly take care of my mother and sometimes fix vcrs. Today I plan on doing a review oh HIFIMAN's...
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and beyerdynamic DT 1350 - Head-Fi TV, Episode 004 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks for the awesome review!
After seeing you using the HD25 in the last review, I thought they must be good if you paired them up with that system! I started reading up on them and purchased a pair (which by the way I got with a price match from J and R for $159! Sound Earphones on ebay also offered a sweet price of $160). Listening to your review, I was sweating bullets that I had chosen poorly, but at a $140 difference, I feel like I made the right choice, even though the DT1350 sounds like it may be a better fit for my mostly classical and jazz library.
I appreciated your description of which amps better. I'm in the process of finding a good portable amp for the HD25 and though output power doesn't mean everything, how much output power do you think I'd need to bring out their best? I've read lots of threads, and everyone seems to like the amp that they have with them, but I'm trying to figure out a little more concretely what is too little mW and what's clearly excess. If I'm buying an amp just for the HD25, what's the minimum and maximum power outputs I'd be rewarded for? I hope that makes sense...
And thanks again for the review!
Nice review.. Really liking these a lot and you picked great headphones to compare. I think Portapro vs. Sennheiser px100's vs. koss ksc75's might be a good one too. Maybe one including the fischers that have been getting a lot of attention? Just throwing stuff out there, you are a great reviewer and I'll be watching no matter what!
Nope as I'm looking down the box and since my vintage discman can play with it, it says 70Ω, Adidas vs regular is just a cosmetic paintjob and white velour mufflers yes white, plus the blue like leather like.
I had to listen to this with my HD25-1 II's on hahaha. Good review, after 32ohm audio gets them in*because why would they not* I may have to take a listen and decide if I wana sell my HD 25's.
Best video so far! The intro is coming along nicely and I like the little slideshows in the the top corners during speech, although it would make more sense if they actually illustrated Jude's words. I think the titles inbetween could use a little sound as well though, the silence takes a bit of the momentum away. There are some little, but really funny, mistakes in there too. Check out the cut around 05:45 / 05:50. ;)
I always thought the Beyerdynamic was made out of plastic. It looked cheap in all the photos I've seen so far. Good to hear it's actually all-metal. I might audition this one to see if I like it better than my HD25-1 II.
Oh and Jude, the DT1350 looks much better on you than the HD25. ;)
- Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and beyerdynamic DT 1350 - Head-Fi TV, Episode 004
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › TTVJAudio new headphone loaner programs 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 6 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2