I just found this. That was a wonderful and informative video. Informative and unbiased. We need more demos like this.
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 4/21/11
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 4/21/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 4/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD25-1 ii Amperior vs Beyerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/6/13 at 1:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1-II with a new cable vs amperior and dt1350 Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1-II with a new cable vs amperior and dt1350 Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1-II with a new cable vs amperior and dt1350 Last post on 1/29/13 at 3:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggest on-ear with OK isolation Last post on 12/29/12 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/30/15
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and beyerdynamic DT 1350 - Head-Fi TV, Episode 004 - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For me, and I'm using these only for DJing, it was an easy decision: the Beyers and the B&W headphones are both $300 vs the $200 of the Senn HD25s. The Senns have proved themselves for years by being the go-to headphone for sound engineers and djs the world over, and one of the reasons is that they are INCREDIBLY EASY TO DISASSEMBLE. Without any special tools, anyone can easily replace virtually anything on this headphone. So if you're a company buying a lot, it obviously makes much more sense to be able to repair than replace. They're also incredibly easy to mod.
Finally, this idea that plastic is cheap but metal is serious is a hangover from the 20th century. Cars are increasingly made of plastic, for god's sake. Plastic is not a single material, but a wide variety: high quality plastic is not a cheapo toy. Similarly, thin metal - as it has to be to keep from being too heavy - is not necessarily very durable, and can easily bend or break.
All that said, I'm sure the B&W and the Beyers are both fantastic sounding headphones, probably a bit better sounding than the Senns. But I would expect them to be for the price difference. And if you're really into sound above all, I'd question spending $350+ with tax and shipping for any of these cans, when there are serious models out there (senn 650s, audio-technica, etc, etc.) that have MUCH higher quality for around that price point. I've tried several DJ headphones, and they were all of so-so quality - it's hard once you're been spoiled by JH13's.
But for what they are, I think the Senns are a terrific value - even more so bc I got a refurbished pair that are like new, with a full sennheiser warranty, for only $130 (about 90 euros) including tax and shipping.
Edited by AVU - 6/13/11 at 12:18pm
Wow! Jude's review/recommendation must have had a widespread effect. The DT1350's are suddenly unobtanium. I ordered a pair from TTVJ,
and Todd said that they are backordered for several weeks. I checked around, and nobody seems to have them. I hope I get one from the next batch.
(Goes to corner to sulk #!@&!!)
Been away for a while and come back to vids! Would just like to say, great work! fantastic now to have both a source of text based and video reviews of headphones. Is there really any other destination worth visiting other than headfi :P
Edited by peaceful1 - 6/25/11 at 8:21am
Why not just compare the two mentioned with the Pioneer 10, Sony 7506, 7509 HD, AKG 240, HP1/2, & Beyers DT100/DT150/DT48/. It would give people a better understanding of which one is best for studio applications.
I've also been wondering which headphones to buy between the HD25's, the DT1350's and the ATH M50's.
I listen mostly to rock music (Pop, Indie, Alternative, Punk) and a little of electronic.
Some examples of artists I listen to: Matt Costa, The Shins, OK Go, The Beatles...
It's a very, very hard decision to make! And I would like you guys' help on this :)
Are the DT1350's worth the extra 100$ for the kind of music I listen to?
Well, i probably should have responded to this thread ages ago.. this video inspired me to purchase a pair of DT1350s when I went to Japan a couple months back. was happy with the purchase. Just rewatched the video and I noticed that Jude wears the HD25s around the wrong way at 6:20 (the cable being on the left, when they should be on the right). If I had picked that up before, I may have been less likely to follow the guidance of someone who wears his headphones around the wrong way! heh. Anyway, I listened to the P5, the HD25 and the DT1350 over there (love Japan) and I have to say that with a bit of wiggling, the DT1350s do sound better to me than the other two, but the HD25s sound great just putting them on. No adjustments needed.
- Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and beyerdynamic DT 1350 - Head-Fi TV, Episode 004
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Objectivists board room 7 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 32 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › SoundMAGIC release E50S and E80S In-Ear Reference Series 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)