I just found this. That was a wonderful and informative video. Informative and unbiased. We need more demos like this.
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 4/21/11
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 4/21/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 4/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD25-1 ii Amperior vs Beyerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/6/13 at 1:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1-II with a new cable vs amperior and dt1350 Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1-II with a new cable vs amperior and dt1350 Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1-II with a new cable vs amperior and dt1350 Last post on 1/29/13 at 3:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggest on-ear with OK isolation Last post on 12/29/12 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Looking down at the vast landscape of Head-Fi and audio technology in general, I have noticed quite a few things over the past two years. Firstly, the crazy products,...
Introduction – It can be hard to find a rational reason to purchase a set of bookshelf speakers when there are so many fantastic computer out there that offer more features and similar sound...
Gear references Favourite: D2000 (balanced with sub-bass and upper-midrange emphasis) Neutrality: SRH940 (though with a slight treble emphasis) IEM reference: Aurisonics...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and beyerdynamic DT 1350 - Head-Fi TV, Episode 004 - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For me, and I'm using these only for DJing, it was an easy decision: the Beyers and the B&W headphones are both $300 vs the $200 of the Senn HD25s. The Senns have proved themselves for years by being the go-to headphone for sound engineers and djs the world over, and one of the reasons is that they are INCREDIBLY EASY TO DISASSEMBLE. Without any special tools, anyone can easily replace virtually anything on this headphone. So if you're a company buying a lot, it obviously makes much more sense to be able to repair than replace. They're also incredibly easy to mod.
Finally, this idea that plastic is cheap but metal is serious is a hangover from the 20th century. Cars are increasingly made of plastic, for god's sake. Plastic is not a single material, but a wide variety: high quality plastic is not a cheapo toy. Similarly, thin metal - as it has to be to keep from being too heavy - is not necessarily very durable, and can easily bend or break.
All that said, I'm sure the B&W and the Beyers are both fantastic sounding headphones, probably a bit better sounding than the Senns. But I would expect them to be for the price difference. And if you're really into sound above all, I'd question spending $350+ with tax and shipping for any of these cans, when there are serious models out there (senn 650s, audio-technica, etc, etc.) that have MUCH higher quality for around that price point. I've tried several DJ headphones, and they were all of so-so quality - it's hard once you're been spoiled by JH13's.
But for what they are, I think the Senns are a terrific value - even more so bc I got a refurbished pair that are like new, with a full sennheiser warranty, for only $130 (about 90 euros) including tax and shipping.
Edited by AVU - 6/13/11 at 12:18pm
Wow! Jude's review/recommendation must have had a widespread effect. The DT1350's are suddenly unobtanium. I ordered a pair from TTVJ,
and Todd said that they are backordered for several weeks. I checked around, and nobody seems to have them. I hope I get one from the next batch.
(Goes to corner to sulk #!@&!!)
Been away for a while and come back to vids! Would just like to say, great work! fantastic now to have both a source of text based and video reviews of headphones. Is there really any other destination worth visiting other than headfi :P
Edited by peaceful1 - 6/25/11 at 8:21am
Why not just compare the two mentioned with the Pioneer 10, Sony 7506, 7509 HD, AKG 240, HP1/2, & Beyers DT100/DT150/DT48/. It would give people a better understanding of which one is best for studio applications.
I've also been wondering which headphones to buy between the HD25's, the DT1350's and the ATH M50's.
I listen mostly to rock music (Pop, Indie, Alternative, Punk) and a little of electronic.
Some examples of artists I listen to: Matt Costa, The Shins, OK Go, The Beatles...
It's a very, very hard decision to make! And I would like you guys' help on this :)
Are the DT1350's worth the extra 100$ for the kind of music I listen to?
Well, i probably should have responded to this thread ages ago.. this video inspired me to purchase a pair of DT1350s when I went to Japan a couple months back. was happy with the purchase. Just rewatched the video and I noticed that Jude wears the HD25s around the wrong way at 6:20 (the cable being on the left, when they should be on the right). If I had picked that up before, I may have been less likely to follow the guidance of someone who wears his headphones around the wrong way! heh. Anyway, I listened to the P5, the HD25 and the DT1350 over there (love Japan) and I have to say that with a bit of wiggling, the DT1350s do sound better to me than the other two, but the HD25s sound great just putting them on. No adjustments needed.
- Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and beyerdynamic DT 1350 - Head-Fi TV, Episode 004
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Liquid Gold - 2014 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › MSB Platinum DAC III, and Stealth v12 uni 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones 6 minutes ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › FS: Eddie Current "The Studio" Amplifier 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Gigaset Earphones by B9Scrambler
- › OPPO HA-2 by ryanjsoo
- › TFZ Series 1 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...