I just found this. That was a wonderful and informative video. Informative and unbiased. We need more demos like this.
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 4/21/11
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 4/21/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 4/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD25-1 ii Amperior vs Beyerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/6/13 at 1:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1-II with a new cable vs amperior and dt1350 Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1-II with a new cable vs amperior and dt1350 Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1-II with a new cable vs amperior and dt1350 Last post on 1/29/13 at 3:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggest on-ear with OK isolation Last post on 12/29/12 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and beyerdynamic DT 1350 - Head-Fi TV, Episode 004 - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For me, and I'm using these only for DJing, it was an easy decision: the Beyers and the B&W headphones are both $300 vs the $200 of the Senn HD25s. The Senns have proved themselves for years by being the go-to headphone for sound engineers and djs the world over, and one of the reasons is that they are INCREDIBLY EASY TO DISASSEMBLE. Without any special tools, anyone can easily replace virtually anything on this headphone. So if you're a company buying a lot, it obviously makes much more sense to be able to repair than replace. They're also incredibly easy to mod.
Finally, this idea that plastic is cheap but metal is serious is a hangover from the 20th century. Cars are increasingly made of plastic, for god's sake. Plastic is not a single material, but a wide variety: high quality plastic is not a cheapo toy. Similarly, thin metal - as it has to be to keep from being too heavy - is not necessarily very durable, and can easily bend or break.
All that said, I'm sure the B&W and the Beyers are both fantastic sounding headphones, probably a bit better sounding than the Senns. But I would expect them to be for the price difference. And if you're really into sound above all, I'd question spending $350+ with tax and shipping for any of these cans, when there are serious models out there (senn 650s, audio-technica, etc, etc.) that have MUCH higher quality for around that price point. I've tried several DJ headphones, and they were all of so-so quality - it's hard once you're been spoiled by JH13's.
But for what they are, I think the Senns are a terrific value - even more so bc I got a refurbished pair that are like new, with a full sennheiser warranty, for only $130 (about 90 euros) including tax and shipping.
Edited by AVU - 6/13/11 at 12:18pm
Wow! Jude's review/recommendation must have had a widespread effect. The DT1350's are suddenly unobtanium. I ordered a pair from TTVJ,
and Todd said that they are backordered for several weeks. I checked around, and nobody seems to have them. I hope I get one from the next batch.
(Goes to corner to sulk #!@&!!)
Been away for a while and come back to vids! Would just like to say, great work! fantastic now to have both a source of text based and video reviews of headphones. Is there really any other destination worth visiting other than headfi :P
Edited by peaceful1 - 6/25/11 at 8:21am
Why not just compare the two mentioned with the Pioneer 10, Sony 7506, 7509 HD, AKG 240, HP1/2, & Beyers DT100/DT150/DT48/. It would give people a better understanding of which one is best for studio applications.
I've also been wondering which headphones to buy between the HD25's, the DT1350's and the ATH M50's.
I listen mostly to rock music (Pop, Indie, Alternative, Punk) and a little of electronic.
Some examples of artists I listen to: Matt Costa, The Shins, OK Go, The Beatles...
It's a very, very hard decision to make! And I would like you guys' help on this :)
Are the DT1350's worth the extra 100$ for the kind of music I listen to?
Well, i probably should have responded to this thread ages ago.. this video inspired me to purchase a pair of DT1350s when I went to Japan a couple months back. was happy with the purchase. Just rewatched the video and I noticed that Jude wears the HD25s around the wrong way at 6:20 (the cable being on the left, when they should be on the right). If I had picked that up before, I may have been less likely to follow the guidance of someone who wears his headphones around the wrong way! heh. Anyway, I listened to the P5, the HD25 and the DT1350 over there (love Japan) and I have to say that with a bit of wiggling, the DT1350s do sound better to me than the other two, but the HD25s sound great just putting them on. No adjustments needed.
- Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and beyerdynamic DT 1350 - Head-Fi TV, Episode 004
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Vali 2 tube rolling 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Numark Red Wave vs Numark Electrowave 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Wanted: Westone UM2 RC IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 8 minutes ago
- › LZ-A3 Impressions and Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...