I just found this. That was a wonderful and informative video. Informative and unbiased. We need more demos like this.
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 4/21/11
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 4/21/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 4/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD25-1 ii Amperior vs Beyerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/6/13 at 1:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1-II with a new cable vs amperior and dt1350 Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1-II with a new cable vs amperior and dt1350 Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1-II with a new cable vs amperior and dt1350 Last post on 1/29/13 at 3:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggest on-ear with OK isolation Last post on 12/29/12 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. They do not sound great either. But not bad like...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and beyerdynamic DT 1350 - Head-Fi TV, Episode 004 - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For me, and I'm using these only for DJing, it was an easy decision: the Beyers and the B&W headphones are both $300 vs the $200 of the Senn HD25s. The Senns have proved themselves for years by being the go-to headphone for sound engineers and djs the world over, and one of the reasons is that they are INCREDIBLY EASY TO DISASSEMBLE. Without any special tools, anyone can easily replace virtually anything on this headphone. So if you're a company buying a lot, it obviously makes much more sense to be able to repair than replace. They're also incredibly easy to mod.
Finally, this idea that plastic is cheap but metal is serious is a hangover from the 20th century. Cars are increasingly made of plastic, for god's sake. Plastic is not a single material, but a wide variety: high quality plastic is not a cheapo toy. Similarly, thin metal - as it has to be to keep from being too heavy - is not necessarily very durable, and can easily bend or break.
All that said, I'm sure the B&W and the Beyers are both fantastic sounding headphones, probably a bit better sounding than the Senns. But I would expect them to be for the price difference. And if you're really into sound above all, I'd question spending $350+ with tax and shipping for any of these cans, when there are serious models out there (senn 650s, audio-technica, etc, etc.) that have MUCH higher quality for around that price point. I've tried several DJ headphones, and they were all of so-so quality - it's hard once you're been spoiled by JH13's.
But for what they are, I think the Senns are a terrific value - even more so bc I got a refurbished pair that are like new, with a full sennheiser warranty, for only $130 (about 90 euros) including tax and shipping.
Edited by AVU - 6/13/11 at 12:18pm
Wow! Jude's review/recommendation must have had a widespread effect. The DT1350's are suddenly unobtanium. I ordered a pair from TTVJ,
and Todd said that they are backordered for several weeks. I checked around, and nobody seems to have them. I hope I get one from the next batch.
(Goes to corner to sulk #!@&!!)
Been away for a while and come back to vids! Would just like to say, great work! fantastic now to have both a source of text based and video reviews of headphones. Is there really any other destination worth visiting other than headfi :P
Edited by peaceful1 - 6/25/11 at 8:21am
Why not just compare the two mentioned with the Pioneer 10, Sony 7506, 7509 HD, AKG 240, HP1/2, & Beyers DT100/DT150/DT48/. It would give people a better understanding of which one is best for studio applications.
I've also been wondering which headphones to buy between the HD25's, the DT1350's and the ATH M50's.
I listen mostly to rock music (Pop, Indie, Alternative, Punk) and a little of electronic.
Some examples of artists I listen to: Matt Costa, The Shins, OK Go, The Beatles...
It's a very, very hard decision to make! And I would like you guys' help on this :)
Are the DT1350's worth the extra 100$ for the kind of music I listen to?
Well, i probably should have responded to this thread ages ago.. this video inspired me to purchase a pair of DT1350s when I went to Japan a couple months back. was happy with the purchase. Just rewatched the video and I noticed that Jude wears the HD25s around the wrong way at 6:20 (the cable being on the left, when they should be on the right). If I had picked that up before, I may have been less likely to follow the guidance of someone who wears his headphones around the wrong way! heh. Anyway, I listened to the P5, the HD25 and the DT1350 over there (love Japan) and I have to say that with a bit of wiggling, the DT1350s do sound better to me than the other two, but the HD25s sound great just putting them on. No adjustments needed.
- Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and beyerdynamic DT 1350 - Head-Fi TV, Episode 004
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Ostry KC06A Upgrade in the $70 to $80 Range 2 minutes ago
- › 'To go' streaming music service with X1? 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 3 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 3 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 6 minutes ago
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)