I just found this. That was a wonderful and informative video. Informative and unbiased. We need more demos like this.
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 4/21/11
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 4/21/11
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 4/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD25-1 ii Amperior vs Beyerdynamic DT1350 Last post on 5/6/13 at 1:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1-II with a new cable vs amperior and dt1350 Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1-II with a new cable vs amperior and dt1350 Last post on 1/29/13 at 2:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- hd25-1-II with a new cable vs amperior and dt1350 Last post on 1/29/13 at 3:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggest on-ear with OK isolation Last post on 12/29/12 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and beyerdynamic DT 1350 - Head-Fi TV, Episode 004 - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For me, and I'm using these only for DJing, it was an easy decision: the Beyers and the B&W headphones are both $300 vs the $200 of the Senn HD25s. The Senns have proved themselves for years by being the go-to headphone for sound engineers and djs the world over, and one of the reasons is that they are INCREDIBLY EASY TO DISASSEMBLE. Without any special tools, anyone can easily replace virtually anything on this headphone. So if you're a company buying a lot, it obviously makes much more sense to be able to repair than replace. They're also incredibly easy to mod.
Finally, this idea that plastic is cheap but metal is serious is a hangover from the 20th century. Cars are increasingly made of plastic, for god's sake. Plastic is not a single material, but a wide variety: high quality plastic is not a cheapo toy. Similarly, thin metal - as it has to be to keep from being too heavy - is not necessarily very durable, and can easily bend or break.
All that said, I'm sure the B&W and the Beyers are both fantastic sounding headphones, probably a bit better sounding than the Senns. But I would expect them to be for the price difference. And if you're really into sound above all, I'd question spending $350+ with tax and shipping for any of these cans, when there are serious models out there (senn 650s, audio-technica, etc, etc.) that have MUCH higher quality for around that price point. I've tried several DJ headphones, and they were all of so-so quality - it's hard once you're been spoiled by JH13's.
But for what they are, I think the Senns are a terrific value - even more so bc I got a refurbished pair that are like new, with a full sennheiser warranty, for only $130 (about 90 euros) including tax and shipping.
Edited by AVU - 6/13/11 at 12:18pm
Wow! Jude's review/recommendation must have had a widespread effect. The DT1350's are suddenly unobtanium. I ordered a pair from TTVJ,
and Todd said that they are backordered for several weeks. I checked around, and nobody seems to have them. I hope I get one from the next batch.
(Goes to corner to sulk #!@&!!)
Been away for a while and come back to vids! Would just like to say, great work! fantastic now to have both a source of text based and video reviews of headphones. Is there really any other destination worth visiting other than headfi :P
Edited by peaceful1 - 6/25/11 at 8:21am
Why not just compare the two mentioned with the Pioneer 10, Sony 7506, 7509 HD, AKG 240, HP1/2, & Beyers DT100/DT150/DT48/. It would give people a better understanding of which one is best for studio applications.
I've also been wondering which headphones to buy between the HD25's, the DT1350's and the ATH M50's.
I listen mostly to rock music (Pop, Indie, Alternative, Punk) and a little of electronic.
Some examples of artists I listen to: Matt Costa, The Shins, OK Go, The Beatles...
It's a very, very hard decision to make! And I would like you guys' help on this :)
Are the DT1350's worth the extra 100$ for the kind of music I listen to?
Well, i probably should have responded to this thread ages ago.. this video inspired me to purchase a pair of DT1350s when I went to Japan a couple months back. was happy with the purchase. Just rewatched the video and I noticed that Jude wears the HD25s around the wrong way at 6:20 (the cable being on the left, when they should be on the right). If I had picked that up before, I may have been less likely to follow the guidance of someone who wears his headphones around the wrong way! heh. Anyway, I listened to the P5, the HD25 and the DT1350 over there (love Japan) and I have to say that with a bit of wiggling, the DT1350s do sound better to me than the other two, but the HD25s sound great just putting them on. No adjustments needed.
- Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and beyerdynamic DT 1350 - Head-Fi TV, Episode 004
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Almi's Logitech Z-5500 Mod (High-End upgrade for the speaker system) 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audioquest JitterBug - USB Data & Power Noise Filter. 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD540 headphones available 4 minutes ago
- › Galaxy Note 5 Audio Quality 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2