- 2 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productDenon AH-C710 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/19/11
- productDENON AH-C751Ktagged by System, 4/19/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 4/19/11
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 4/19/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 4/19/11
- productShure SE215 Cleartagged by System, 4/19/11
- productUltimate Ears 500tagged by System, 4/19/11
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 4/19/11
- productV-Moda Vibe Earbuds - Blushtagged by System, 4/19/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing new IEMs, upgrade from Klipsch S4s Last post on 9/11/12 at 5:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On the search for Quality IEM's Last post on 7/19/12 at 4:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please help me choose an amazing pair of headphones! Last post on 7/17/12 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replaceable Cables in lower-priced IEM's? Last post on 1/10/12 at 12:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Torn between what to buypost #1 of 64/18/11 at 8:47pmThread StarterI'm looking to purchase a decent set of IEM's, around the 100 dollar price range, maybe 115 tops. I cant decide what to buy between the SHURE SE215, ULTIMATE EARS 500,V-MODA Vibes, and the klipsch S4. These are the only ones that I have looked at so far, and I cant decide what to buy. I am a big dubstep, house, trance, hip hop guy so I need pretty good bass, but I also listen to some rock and metal also so I also have a need for clarity. What do you think is the wisest purchase for me giving my taste in music? Recommend me stuff also if you think there are better IEM's.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 64/19/11 at 12:56pmpost #3 of 65/28/11 at 9:12am
I think you ought to consider the Fischer Eterna's, which are some of the funnest IEM'S I've ever used. It seems they adapt to almost anything you throw at them and with your taste in music I imagine the emotion and fun factor supersedes the need for transparency and upper range detail.post #4 of 65/28/11 at 9:15am
Also, see if you can snag a refurbished Monster Copper from MobilePC, which recently had them at around $99 with free shipping. I have received an open box TF10's and the original Turbines from them, both heavily discounted and both, after meticulous study, contained every retail accessory and passed possible counterfeit analysis,post #5 of 65/28/11 at 9:16am
Personally, I only own the S4s off your list. I'm looking to upgrade from them now, but I have to admit that I'm very impressed with their performance.
I use them when walking to work and while at work to drown out some of the surrounding office noise. They have an excellent range and sound great. For the money ($80 or so at my last check without the mic/iPod controls, $100 with), I don't think you can go wrong!
I should also mention that I, too, listen to Dubstep, House and other electronica. These 'phones handle all of them fairly well (especially considering the price). If you're in the US, you can pick them up at Best Buy at fairly competitive prices and give them a try. I suggest living with any headphones you choose for 1 to 2 weeks (unless they're completely uncomfortable) to get used to them before making a final decision.
Edited by compfixer - 5/28/11 at 9:18ampost #6 of 65/28/11 at 9:17am
You can also find Triple Fi 10's on the FS forum for near $100, usually hovering around $120-130, but well worth the price. They remain the funnest IEM'S I've ever heard and particularly excel at musically fast genres.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Torn between what to buy
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Using a subwoofer with headphones, is it a bad idea? 20 seconds ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Ps audio direct stream dsd DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude