Anyone tried the CLAS-Mk III combo with LCD2 Rev 1? How does it sound when compared to say the SR71B or Meier Stepdance? How does it fare with the Triad Audio flagship (forgot name)? Thanks a lot.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 65post #961 of 15448/20/12 at 8:10am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #962 of 15448/28/12 at 5:00am
I'm using the ipod touch (latest gen) 64gb with the CLAS and RXmk3 now and I get crackles in the sound even after a hard reset (holding the power and main button down), does anybody know anything about this?post #963 of 15448/28/12 at 5:57amQuote:
Hmm crackles stopped for me after a reset.post #964 of 15448/28/12 at 6:08am
I don't know what I'm talking about, as I don't own a CLAS, but if resetting a CLAS normally makes "the crackles stop," you might want to try opening the case and disconnecting the battery pack for about a minute, then reconnect it and see what happens (leaving the case open).
If that doesn't work, try disconnecting the battery for something like four hours. It's just a hunch.
Mikepost #965 of 15448/28/12 at 2:05pmpost #966 of 15448/28/12 at 5:03pmpost #967 of 15448/28/12 at 10:27pmpost #968 of 15448/29/12 at 6:24ampost #969 of 15448/31/12 at 10:40am
Given that OFFICIALLY the CLAS supports 24 bit with an iPad
(look here the FAQ not the manual at page 7 http://cypherlabs.com/images/pdfs/Cypher_Labs_AlgoRhythm_Solo_FAQ.pdf ) I'm surprised to note that nobody cares about 24 bit files even here in the Cypher Labs Solo thread after reading 65 pages and the 45 pages of the Solo Fostex HP-P1 dedicated thread.
Also the accurate review of shigzeo never mention 24 bit files.
So I repeat my question here hoping someone is so kind to take time to test directly what I'd like to know.
ONLY using the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo (HW and FW version please) built in DIGITAL COAXIAL OUTPUT connected to an external dac which is able to display bit/sample rate received, which are the MAX bit/sample rates the external dac displays (using which iPhone / iPod / iPad versions, iOS, file type , app and config used please) CHECKED/TESTED BY YOURSELF?
I hope anyone is interested, given that if we want the best sound quality we must start with the best source possible = digital files.
Thanks and best regards.
P.S. I don't intend to shout but I just want to be sure my question is clear.
Edited by Thraex - 8/31/12 at 1:35pmpost #970 of 15448/31/12 at 10:57pmpost #971 of 15449/1/12 at 6:08am
I've started another thread in case anyone is interested in 24 bit portability with iPad or other iDevices:post #972 of 15449/1/12 at 8:56amThere are rumors that the new IPhone/iPad/iPods coming out this fall will have a different dock connector. Anyone have an idea of how that will affect the current CLAS? I'm considering getting a backup iPods so I'm not stuck with a useless CLAS if my iPods dies.post #973 of 15449/1/12 at 9:00ampost #974 of 15449/1/12 at 9:05amQuote:
I don't see any issue here. All that you will need is a different cable. The iAP system is used primarily in luxury car sound systems. Units like the CLAS are really a secondary usage for the protocol. I think it fair to assume that Apple will not be wiping out people's car stereos with the new iPhone and POing their auto industry partners.
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 seconds ago
- › Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X 1 minute ago
- › GAMING & MUSIC : HD650 vs HD600 vs HD598 vs PC360 driven by Onkyo... 1 minute ago
- › December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22? 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 2 minutes ago
- › Clarification about burning-in please! 3 minutes ago
- › VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, January 18, 2014 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi