Anyone tried the CLAS-Mk III combo with LCD2 Rev 1? How does it sound when compared to say the SR71B or Meier Stepdance? How does it fare with the Triad Audio flagship (forgot name)? Thanks a lot.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
Edited on 12/28/12
No other headphone has surprised me in the manner that the Tactic 3D managed to. I originally purchased them because I needed headphones to do a Skype interview, and I wanted something...
Let me begin by saying there is nothing special about these headphones. My first impression of them made me smile because I fell in love with the oral shaped ear cups (I'm a sucker for "small"...
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
Before you read this, I think you should know that I'm not an audiophile and that English isn't my native language. Let me start this on a positive note. The design of Razer Tiamat...
Performance: Generally really well. Shouldn't lag at all with normal usage. Should be able to handle most modern apps. I managed to get around 8000 on Antutu Benchmark. Currently runs Android...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 65
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I'm using the ipod touch (latest gen) 64gb with the CLAS and RXmk3 now and I get crackles in the sound even after a hard reset (holding the power and main button down), does anybody know anything about this?
Hmm crackles stopped for me after a reset.
I don't know what I'm talking about, as I don't own a CLAS, but if resetting a CLAS normally makes "the crackles stop," you might want to try opening the case and disconnecting the battery pack for about a minute, then reconnect it and see what happens (leaving the case open).
If that doesn't work, try disconnecting the battery for something like four hours. It's just a hunch.
Given that OFFICIALLY the CLAS supports 24 bit with an iPad
(look here the FAQ not the manual at page 7 http://cypherlabs.com/images/pdfs/Cypher_Labs_AlgoRhythm_Solo_FAQ.pdf ) I'm surprised to note that nobody cares about 24 bit files even here in the Cypher Labs Solo thread after reading 65 pages and the 45 pages of the Solo Fostex HP-P1 dedicated thread.
Also the accurate review of shigzeo never mention 24 bit files.
So I repeat my question here hoping someone is so kind to take time to test directly what I'd like to know.
ONLY using the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo (HW and FW version please) built in DIGITAL COAXIAL OUTPUT connected to an external dac which is able to display bit/sample rate received, which are the MAX bit/sample rates the external dac displays (using which iPhone / iPod / iPad versions, iOS, file type , app and config used please) CHECKED/TESTED BY YOURSELF?
I hope anyone is interested, given that if we want the best sound quality we must start with the best source possible = digital files.
Thanks and best regards.
P.S. I don't intend to shout but I just want to be sure my question is clear.
Edited by Thraex - 8/31/12 at 1:35pm
I've started another thread in case anyone is interested in 24 bit portability with iPad or other iDevices:
I don't see any issue here. All that you will need is a different cable. The iAP system is used primarily in luxury car sound systems. Units like the CLAS are really a secondary usage for the protocol. I think it fair to assume that Apple will not be wiping out people's car stereos with the new iPhone and POing their auto industry partners.
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013.... 18 seconds ago
- › Multi-armature CIEM...wow...so this is what I've been missing, huh? 27 seconds ago
- › Planar magnetic headphone burn in 1 minute ago
- › Ocharaku Flat4-Kuro (玄) appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › THE BEATLES ARE OVERRATED 3 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 4 minutes ago
- › E3 is almost here! 6 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 6 minutes ago
- › Official Hong Kong Thread (Shops, Meets, Events and more-) 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe