RSA balanced plug is this:http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/163-191J-E/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv0W4pxf2HiVzeGJYwRlHzHtO53G2%2fcJfI%3d
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
Edited on 12/28/12
I used to be sure that I am not a basshead. My favorite IEMs for the longest time were RE-0, my favorite headphones were (and still are) various variations of ATH "sweet treble" sound signature,...
It's exactly what it says it is. I've tried some pretty incredibly expensive DAPs - Honestly, in my opinion, a lot of them just add colouration, or EQ, or look pretty. Some of them do perform...
Jazz sounds real good on these. Classic music sounds pretty clear, like when the violin is playing and stuff. Vocals sound pretty good. 80's sound vibrant. dubstep/hardstyle, sounds...
No other headphone has surprised me in the manner that the Tactic 3D managed to. I originally purchased them because I needed headphones to do a Skype interview, and I wanted something...
Let me begin by saying there is nothing special about these headphones. My first impression of them made me smile because I fell in love with the oral shaped ear cups (I'm a sucker for "small"...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 52
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I did the fully balanced (CLAS>DB-2>PB-2>ES5 and LCD-2) verses single ended (CLAS>PB-2>ES5 and LCD-2) test and the DB-2 set up was better, both in terms of sound stage and detail retrieval. I did consider taking a drop in brick size but not for long....
I thought it only worked one way balanced TO SE, not SE to balanced. o.o But you do have a MIGHTY FINE rig which there, I envy you so much right now! Hopefully the DB2 will open up with burn in.
Nice! I'm enjoying my sweet Kiri too.
Is it just me or does anyone else feel that the sound from the iPhone 4S headphone jack is a bit different from the iPhone 4 headphone jack? I am using ES5.I can't say which one is better just yet though.
OK. I feel the iPhone 4S has a slightly wider soundstage and better positioning of instruments. The 4S also has a tad stronger bass. Its higher mid is slightly rolled off compared with the iPhone 4, but at the same time slightly more sibilant in the same song I compare with the old iPhone 4. At this very moment I prefer iPhone 4's headphone out more. You may wonder why I am doing this given all the bricks I have - I use the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4 only when I am on the go. I already bring three phones when I am on the go (the iPhone 4S, the Samsung Galaxy S2 and Blackberry Torch) and I really don't want to bring any more brick. I hope the dock out to CLAS will not be affected but I will try to compare between the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S in this regard as well. Oh and of course, I will burn in the iPhone 4S some more before coming to a solid conclusion.
Edited by googleli - 10/24/11 at 7:26am
Ok I have burnt in the sick combo more and the graininess is now gone. Very much suspect it is the Silver Dragon coaxial which wasn't opened up in the first place. Will post impressions after one more week's burn in but suffice to say I am very impressed with the fully balanced combo to say the least.
Really, CLAS single ended into SR71-B is better than the CLAS->DB2->SR71-B. Very interesting.
I just got a pair of double helix headphone adapters so I can use my LCD-2 cable (w/balanced SR71-B output) with my HD800's. I'm really liking the HD800's. Just mentioning this because it's now possible to invest in a really GOOD headphone cable and then use them on multiple headphones. I have the universal cable from ALO with a number of adapters.
Anyway, it's interesting to me how versatile the CLAS is, and now I can test it with all of my headphones.
That's intriguing as I have a friend who makes cables who has had a patent pending on the same sort of thing for adapting cables for a little while, he mentioned it should be a full patent very soon.. Amazing how different companies think of the same thing eh! As for me I have just got my mini CLAS-LOD and 3.5mm-3.5mm connecters from my custom cable guy and could not be happier. Will post a picture soon but the little silver cables make quite a difference to my ears.
Increased treble sheen, lovely and smooth but crystalline. Noticed the bass has tightened up a little as well and the mids punch forward a little more as well. Extremly happy with the results so far and the chap who made them for me has said he notices increased breathing room and clarity once a good few hours are on them.
I tried it first with just the LOD-CLAS connector and was really surprised to hear it really does make a difference, add in the CLAS to AMP connector and the whole thing comes together.
Nice! Looking forward to more details!
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Violectric V800 DAC *like new* 31 seconds ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 52 seconds ago
- › JRiver Media Center 18 1 minute ago
- › Audio GD SA-31 head amp/ preamp . A powerfull Head Amp with... 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Newbie to head-fi here. Introduction maybe? 1 minute ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for On/Over Ear Headphones for $150 or less. Which one: AKG... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 4 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe