RSA balanced plug is this:http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/163-191J-E/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv0W4pxf2HiVzeGJYwRlHzHtO53G2%2fcJfI%3d
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 52post #766 of 162510/22/11 at 12:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #767 of 162510/22/11 at 2:20pmQuote:
I did the fully balanced (CLAS>DB-2>PB-2>ES5 and LCD-2) verses single ended (CLAS>PB-2>ES5 and LCD-2) test and the DB-2 set up was better, both in terms of sound stage and detail retrieval. I did consider taking a drop in brick size but not for long....post #768 of 162510/22/11 at 3:09pmQuote:
Deleted.post #769 of 162510/23/11 at 8:12pmpost #770 of 162510/23/11 at 8:41pmQuote:
I thought it only worked one way balanced TO SE, not SE to balanced. o.o But you do have a MIGHTY FINE rig which there, I envy you so much right now! Hopefully the DB2 will open up with burn in.post #771 of 162510/23/11 at 8:53pmpost #772 of 162510/23/11 at 8:56pmQuote:
Nice! I'm enjoying my sweet Kiri too.post #773 of 162510/24/11 at 6:50am
Is it just me or does anyone else feel that the sound from the iPhone 4S headphone jack is a bit different from the iPhone 4 headphone jack? I am using ES5.I can't say which one is better just yet though.post #774 of 162510/24/11 at 7:24am
OK. I feel the iPhone 4S has a slightly wider soundstage and better positioning of instruments. The 4S also has a tad stronger bass. Its higher mid is slightly rolled off compared with the iPhone 4, but at the same time slightly more sibilant in the same song I compare with the old iPhone 4. At this very moment I prefer iPhone 4's headphone out more. You may wonder why I am doing this given all the bricks I have - I use the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4 only when I am on the go. I already bring three phones when I am on the go (the iPhone 4S, the Samsung Galaxy S2 and Blackberry Torch) and I really don't want to bring any more brick. I hope the dock out to CLAS will not be affected but I will try to compare between the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S in this regard as well. Oh and of course, I will burn in the iPhone 4S some more before coming to a solid conclusion.
Edited by googleli - 10/24/11 at 7:26ampost #775 of 162510/24/11 at 1:05pm
Sick!! =pQuote:post #776 of 162510/25/11 at 4:47am
Ok I have burnt in the sick combo more and the graininess is now gone. Very much suspect it is the Silver Dragon coaxial which wasn't opened up in the first place. Will post impressions after one more week's burn in but suffice to say I am very impressed with the fully balanced combo to say the least.post #777 of 162510/26/11 at 3:24pmpost #778 of 162510/26/11 at 4:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by mikemalter
Really, CLAS single ended into SR71-B is better than the CLAS->DB2->SR71-B. Very interesting.
I just got a pair of double helix headphone adapters so I can use my LCD-2 cable (w/balanced SR71-B output) with my HD800's. I'm really liking the HD800's. Just mentioning this because it's now possible to invest in a really GOOD headphone cable and then use them on multiple headphones. I have the universal cable from ALO with a number of adapters.
Anyway, it's interesting to me how versatile the CLAS is, and now I can test it with all of my headphones.
That's intriguing as I have a friend who makes cables who has had a patent pending on the same sort of thing for adapting cables for a little while, he mentioned it should be a full patent very soon.. Amazing how different companies think of the same thing eh! As for me I have just got my mini CLAS-LOD and 3.5mm-3.5mm connecters from my custom cable guy and could not be happier. Will post a picture soon but the little silver cables make quite a difference to my ears.
Increased treble sheen, lovely and smooth but crystalline. Noticed the bass has tightened up a little as well and the mids punch forward a little more as well. Extremly happy with the results so far and the chap who made them for me has said he notices increased breathing room and clarity once a good few hours are on them.
I tried it first with just the LOD-CLAS connector and was really surprised to hear it really does make a difference, add in the CLAS to AMP connector and the whole thing comes together.post #779 of 162510/26/11 at 6:12pmpost #780 of 162510/26/11 at 6:16pmQuote:
Nice! Looking forward to more details!
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › free gifts of RE600, HM700 and RE400 4 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 33 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 39 seconds ago
- › Fiio E11 - UK/Europe - You pay for shipping only 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 1 minute ago
- › Dallas, TX - Sunday, May 25th, 2014 - "May Mix It Up" meetup 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › $189 ALO Audio The Key USB DAC - 32-Bit / 384KHz with PCM5102A 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Dallas 2014 meetup poll - Which Sundays work for you? 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob