RSA balanced plug is this:http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/163-191J-E/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv0W4pxf2HiVzeGJYwRlHzHtO53G2%2fcJfI%3d
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
First off my gear is HeadRoom Micro DAC and Amp.(I don't see how people get by without the crossfeed circuit on older rock recordings) Out of the rather cheap box the high-end was brittle and harsh...
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 52post #766 of 162510/22/11 at 12:53pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #767 of 162510/22/11 at 2:20pmQuote:
I did the fully balanced (CLAS>DB-2>PB-2>ES5 and LCD-2) verses single ended (CLAS>PB-2>ES5 and LCD-2) test and the DB-2 set up was better, both in terms of sound stage and detail retrieval. I did consider taking a drop in brick size but not for long....post #768 of 162510/22/11 at 3:09pmQuote:
Deleted.post #769 of 162510/23/11 at 8:12pmpost #770 of 162510/23/11 at 8:41pmQuote:
I thought it only worked one way balanced TO SE, not SE to balanced. o.o But you do have a MIGHTY FINE rig which there, I envy you so much right now! Hopefully the DB2 will open up with burn in.post #771 of 162510/23/11 at 8:53pmpost #772 of 162510/23/11 at 8:56pmQuote:
Nice! I'm enjoying my sweet Kiri too.post #773 of 162510/24/11 at 6:50am
Is it just me or does anyone else feel that the sound from the iPhone 4S headphone jack is a bit different from the iPhone 4 headphone jack? I am using ES5.I can't say which one is better just yet though.post #774 of 162510/24/11 at 7:24am
OK. I feel the iPhone 4S has a slightly wider soundstage and better positioning of instruments. The 4S also has a tad stronger bass. Its higher mid is slightly rolled off compared with the iPhone 4, but at the same time slightly more sibilant in the same song I compare with the old iPhone 4. At this very moment I prefer iPhone 4's headphone out more. You may wonder why I am doing this given all the bricks I have - I use the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4 only when I am on the go. I already bring three phones when I am on the go (the iPhone 4S, the Samsung Galaxy S2 and Blackberry Torch) and I really don't want to bring any more brick. I hope the dock out to CLAS will not be affected but I will try to compare between the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S in this regard as well. Oh and of course, I will burn in the iPhone 4S some more before coming to a solid conclusion.
Edited by googleli - 10/24/11 at 7:26ampost #775 of 162510/24/11 at 1:05pm
Sick!! =pQuote:post #776 of 162510/25/11 at 4:47am
Ok I have burnt in the sick combo more and the graininess is now gone. Very much suspect it is the Silver Dragon coaxial which wasn't opened up in the first place. Will post impressions after one more week's burn in but suffice to say I am very impressed with the fully balanced combo to say the least.post #777 of 162510/26/11 at 3:24pmpost #778 of 162510/26/11 at 4:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by mikemalter
Really, CLAS single ended into SR71-B is better than the CLAS->DB2->SR71-B. Very interesting.
I just got a pair of double helix headphone adapters so I can use my LCD-2 cable (w/balanced SR71-B output) with my HD800's. I'm really liking the HD800's. Just mentioning this because it's now possible to invest in a really GOOD headphone cable and then use them on multiple headphones. I have the universal cable from ALO with a number of adapters.
Anyway, it's interesting to me how versatile the CLAS is, and now I can test it with all of my headphones.
That's intriguing as I have a friend who makes cables who has had a patent pending on the same sort of thing for adapting cables for a little while, he mentioned it should be a full patent very soon.. Amazing how different companies think of the same thing eh! As for me I have just got my mini CLAS-LOD and 3.5mm-3.5mm connecters from my custom cable guy and could not be happier. Will post a picture soon but the little silver cables make quite a difference to my ears.
Increased treble sheen, lovely and smooth but crystalline. Noticed the bass has tightened up a little as well and the mids punch forward a little more as well. Extremly happy with the results so far and the chap who made them for me has said he notices increased breathing room and clarity once a good few hours are on them.
I tried it first with just the LOD-CLAS connector and was really surprised to hear it really does make a difference, add in the CLAS to AMP connector and the whole thing comes together.post #779 of 162510/26/11 at 6:12pmpost #780 of 162510/26/11 at 6:16pmQuote:
Nice! Looking forward to more details!
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- HiFiMAN HM-801No reviews yet.
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › UM Mentor (Universal version), 1964 Ears V6 Stage, Fischer Amps FA-4 36 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › DIY CIEM resistors and capacitors 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude