RSA balanced plug is this:http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/163-191J-E/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv0W4pxf2HiVzeGJYwRlHzHtO53G2%2fcJfI%3d
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Solved] Help with high-end portable rig? Last post on 8/8/12 at 11:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- What do you recommend for a portable Flac Player/amplifier combination? Last post on 10/24/12 at 11:00am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- If you could.... Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:31pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/13/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 52post #766 of 154410/22/11 at 12:53pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #767 of 154410/22/11 at 2:20pmQuote:
I did the fully balanced (CLAS>DB-2>PB-2>ES5 and LCD-2) verses single ended (CLAS>PB-2>ES5 and LCD-2) test and the DB-2 set up was better, both in terms of sound stage and detail retrieval. I did consider taking a drop in brick size but not for long....post #768 of 154410/22/11 at 3:09pmQuote:
Deleted.post #769 of 154410/23/11 at 8:12pmpost #770 of 154410/23/11 at 8:41pmQuote:
I thought it only worked one way balanced TO SE, not SE to balanced. o.o But you do have a MIGHTY FINE rig which there, I envy you so much right now! Hopefully the DB2 will open up with burn in.post #771 of 154410/23/11 at 8:53pmpost #772 of 154410/23/11 at 8:56pmQuote:
Nice! I'm enjoying my sweet Kiri too.post #773 of 154410/24/11 at 6:50am
Is it just me or does anyone else feel that the sound from the iPhone 4S headphone jack is a bit different from the iPhone 4 headphone jack? I am using ES5.I can't say which one is better just yet though.post #774 of 154410/24/11 at 7:24am
OK. I feel the iPhone 4S has a slightly wider soundstage and better positioning of instruments. The 4S also has a tad stronger bass. Its higher mid is slightly rolled off compared with the iPhone 4, but at the same time slightly more sibilant in the same song I compare with the old iPhone 4. At this very moment I prefer iPhone 4's headphone out more. You may wonder why I am doing this given all the bricks I have - I use the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4 only when I am on the go. I already bring three phones when I am on the go (the iPhone 4S, the Samsung Galaxy S2 and Blackberry Torch) and I really don't want to bring any more brick. I hope the dock out to CLAS will not be affected but I will try to compare between the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S in this regard as well. Oh and of course, I will burn in the iPhone 4S some more before coming to a solid conclusion.
Edited by googleli - 10/24/11 at 7:26ampost #775 of 154410/24/11 at 1:05pm
Sick!! =pQuote:post #776 of 154410/25/11 at 4:47am
Ok I have burnt in the sick combo more and the graininess is now gone. Very much suspect it is the Silver Dragon coaxial which wasn't opened up in the first place. Will post impressions after one more week's burn in but suffice to say I am very impressed with the fully balanced combo to say the least.post #777 of 154410/26/11 at 3:24pmpost #778 of 154410/26/11 at 4:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by mikemalter
Really, CLAS single ended into SR71-B is better than the CLAS->DB2->SR71-B. Very interesting.
I just got a pair of double helix headphone adapters so I can use my LCD-2 cable (w/balanced SR71-B output) with my HD800's. I'm really liking the HD800's. Just mentioning this because it's now possible to invest in a really GOOD headphone cable and then use them on multiple headphones. I have the universal cable from ALO with a number of adapters.
Anyway, it's interesting to me how versatile the CLAS is, and now I can test it with all of my headphones.
That's intriguing as I have a friend who makes cables who has had a patent pending on the same sort of thing for adapting cables for a little while, he mentioned it should be a full patent very soon.. Amazing how different companies think of the same thing eh! As for me I have just got my mini CLAS-LOD and 3.5mm-3.5mm connecters from my custom cable guy and could not be happier. Will post a picture soon but the little silver cables make quite a difference to my ears.
Increased treble sheen, lovely and smooth but crystalline. Noticed the bass has tightened up a little as well and the mids punch forward a little more as well. Extremly happy with the results so far and the chap who made them for me has said he notices increased breathing room and clarity once a good few hours are on them.
I tried it first with just the LOD-CLAS connector and was really surprised to hear it really does make a difference, add in the CLAS to AMP connector and the whole thing comes together.post #779 of 154410/26/11 at 6:12pmpost #780 of 154410/26/11 at 6:16pmQuote:
Nice! Looking forward to more details!
- Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 37 seconds ago
- › New AKG flagship K812 first impression 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 2 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe