or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 117

post #1741 of 1760
I've been using my Solo-R with my iPod Classics for a couple of years or more and have been guilty of ignoring it in the light of new DAPs and Mojo etc. I use Line Out to amps.

It literally just occurred to me that I have never used the Solo's coaxial S/PDIF output. With the appropriate cable, I should be able to connect this to my Mojo, right?
post #1742 of 1760
You can indeed. But obviously, you'd then just be using the Solo as a digital de-encryption device for the iBitstream.
The Mojo would then still be the DAC.
If you're like me and love the Classic, It's pretty cool but a bit long winded. Trouble is you're then turning a 2-box into a 3-box rig.
Is the Solo-mojo better than just using a camera connection port on the Classic straight into the Mojo?
post #1743 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtest33 View Post

You can indeed. But obviously, you'd then just be using the Solo as a digital de-encryption device for the iBitstream.
The Mojo would then still be the DAC.
If you're like me and love the Classic, It's pretty cool but a bit long winded. Trouble is you're then turning a 2-box into a 3-box rig.
Is the Solo-mojo better than just using a camera connection port on the Classic straight into the Mojo?

Hi,

 

Actually it is more out of interest than anything as it never occurred to me till now. In addition, it's also good if the iPod Classic's battery is already old and weak as the Solo supplies it with battery power too.

 

Thanks

post #1744 of 1760
Hello.

I bought one AlgoRhythm Solo -dB and trying to play with my iPhone 6S Plus, I couldn't control the volume in the iPhone, and the Solo -dB don't have volume control.
On Android I can control the volume. There are any way to do the same in the iPhone or only with a amp?

Thanks!
post #1745 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhizzo View Post

Hello.

I bought one AlgoRhythm Solo -dB and trying to play with my iPhone 6S Plus, I couldn't control the volume in the iPhone, and the Solo -dB don't have volume control.
On Android I can control the volume. There are any way to do the same in the iPhone or only with a amp?

Thanks!

I use an amp that is connected after the Solo which controls allows for volume control. Yes you lose the volume control off any device connected to the Solo as you are bypassing all the processing internals of that device, but at the same time the last device in the chain should be an amp not the Solo by itself that will give you volume control. I guess you could listen out of the Solo but you would need an inline volume control on the headphones I would think otherwise it would be full blast output. 


Edited by Hi-Fi'er - 1/20/16 at 3:26pm
post #1746 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhizzo View Post

Hello.

I bought one AlgoRhythm Solo -dB and trying to play with my iPhone 6S Plus, I couldn't control the volume in the iPhone, and the Solo -dB don't have volume control.
On Android I can control the volume. There are any way to do the same in the iPhone or only with a amp?

Thanks!

Hey pal. The Solo is a Digital In-Line Out, fixed volume DIgital/Analogue converter only pal.
You need an amplifier to power your headphones and adjust your volume.
Have you been sold it under the impression that it was an all-in-one device?
post #1747 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtest33 View Post

Hey pal. The Solo is a Digital In-Line Out, fixed volume DIgital/Analogue converter only pal.
You need an amplifier to power your headphones and adjust your volume.
Have you been sold it under the impression that it was an all-in-one device?

Actually that was what I thought hehehehehe.
But is ok. I will try to exchange for the Theorem 720 or other product.

Thank you for the answer.
post #1748 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhizzo View Post

Actually that was what I thought hehehehehe.
But is ok. I will try to exchange for the Theorem 720 or other product.

Thank you for the answer.
You will be very happy with the 720. It's a fantastic product!
Are you selling the -db?
post #1749 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtest33 View Post

You will be very happy with the 720. It's a fantastic product!
Are you selling the -db?

Some people are telling me to get the Cypher Labs Duet amp to use with the -dB, now you are telling me I will be happy with the Theorem 720 lol.
If I get the Duet, will be much more bulky and I will use only at home and maybe neither this. I will need to charge two devices too. Not practical.

Now I really don't know what to do.


No, I will change for other product in the store I bought.
post #1750 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhizzo View Post

Some people are telling me to get the Cypher Labs Duet amp to use with the -dB, now you are telling me I will be happy with the Theorem 720 lol.
If I get the Duet, will be much more bulky and I will use only at home and maybe neither this. I will need to charge two devices too. Not practical.

Now I really don't know what to do.


No, I will change for other product in the store I bought.

The Duet is great but it's not a DAC, just an amp. It will pair beautifully with your Solo-db but it will be a bulky 3-box rig.
The Theorem is an iDevice/android/usb dac AND headphone amp all-in-one.

Anyway, forget all that, keep the Solo-db and buy a Vorgüge VorzAMP Pure II+ To go with it!! 😉
post #1751 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtest33 View Post

The Duet is great but it's not a DAC, just an amp. It will pair beautifully with your Solo-db but it will be a bulky 3-box rig.
The Theorem is an iDevice/android/usb dac AND headphone amp all-in-one.

Anyway, forget all that, keep the Solo-db and buy a Vorgüge VorzAMP Pure II+ To go with it!! 😉

I already had one hehehehehe.

I am really not into amp. But I don't have choice this time. Or I change to the 720 or I keep the -dB and use with mine Oppo HA-2 and see how looks like. I will do this today.
If not, I will change for other thing. Maybe the 720, maybe not. Complicated lol.

Thank you for your help.
post #1752 of 1760

Just curious: Has anyone had the opportunity to compare the Chord Mojo with the full Cypher Labs stack (CL Solo + CL Duet)? If so, how does one compare with the other?

 

Disclosure: I have both the Chord Mojo and CL Duet. When I bought the CL Duet, its seller also offered me his CL Solo; at that time, I never thought of getting his CL Solo as I already had a DX90. Then when I decided that I should have gotten the full stack instead, the CL Solo was already sold. And then a few months later, I purchased a Chord Mojo. I don't have any plans to get a CL Solo anytime soon but I am just curious how the CL stack "stacks up" against the Chord Mojo.

 

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

post #1753 of 1760
Minor issue peeps.
My Solo -R and PureII+ Aluminium boxes are at the anodisers atm getting a facelift.
I put the circuit boards on a bit of bubblewrap and ran the two last night and had issue with the sound. The earth pins were obviously not earthed as they were sat on the bubble wrap.
The bass was a bit boomy and overbearing. I had to turn the iPod EQ to bass reducer!
Is this possible, or was I hearing it wrong??
post #1754 of 1760
Solo -R Rebooted

post #1755 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtest33 View Post


The Duet is great but it's not a DAC, just an amp. It will pair beautifully with your Solo-db but it will be a bulky 3-box rig.
The Theorem is an iDevice/android/usb dac AND headphone amp all-in-one.

Anyway, forget all that, keep the Solo-db and buy a Vorgüge VorzAMP Pure II+ To go with it!! 😉

I just bought the vozuge pure II+. Is the solo db a great combo with it?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread